Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: YQ on Air Canada for US flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: YQ on Air Canada for US flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I believe that because Aeroplan is a seperate entity they must charge the transportation tax whereas the U.S. programs are just an arm of the airline. At least that's my recollection. BA Avios I think has a similar issue.
Yeah, that would be (once again) a convenient excuse for AC except that...... Avios doesnt charge these taxes @:-)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I believe that because Aeroplan is a seperate entity they must charge the transportation tax whereas the U.S. programs are just an arm of the airline. At least that's my recollection. BA Avios I think has a similar issue.
Does bringing AE in-house mean that AC won't charge the transportation tax anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.