Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Guest Passes - Does guest have to travel with Status Holder?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL Guest Passes - Does guest have to travel with Status Holder?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Question MLL Guest Passes - Does guest have to travel with Status Holder?

I am E50K (2014-2015) and have a MLL guest pass (that was part of my 2014 E50K benefits) I was thinking of giving to a friend that's traveling soon. But not with me.

I was under the impression that the MLL guest passes does NOT need to travel with me to get in. But I was just reading this link under the Guest Pass link (https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges) that says (my bold)

"Choose this Select Privilege and indulge the guests of your choice with the comfort and amenities of the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges. Each pass is valid for access to Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, as well as those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia). Access applies when you and your guests are traveling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge. Visitors under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult."
Does that mean the pass is only good with the Status Holder? Is this a recent change?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Nope, does not have to fly with the status holder as that would defeat the purpose as you could just guest them in. I think they are referring too the fact that you can use the pass only on the same day as a flight departing on AC. In other words, no entering the lounge with a pass when you are flying some other airline.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AC AP Elite
Have given them to my parents when they are traveling Air Canada alone with no problem.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3dot14
I am E50K (2014-2015) and have a MLL guest pass (that was part of my 2014 E50K benefits) I was thinking of giving to a friend that's traveling soon. But not with me.

I was under the impression that the MLL guest passes does NOT need to travel with me to get in. But I was just reading this link under the Guest Pass link (https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges) that says (my bold)

Does that mean the pass is only good with the Status Holder? Is this a recent change?
That is a good observation, however, I have given my guest passes to employees and family and never travelled with them. As recently as last month.

To add to that: It wouldn't actually make much sense, because when we travel WITH a companion, they can be guested without a lounge pass anyways. Maybe AC needs to update their conditions on that.

Last edited by FlyerTalker683455; Jan 5, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Our collective impression is correct. Guest doesn't need to travel with you.

For the 6 passes I get as SE, I usually leave one or two here in SF (so if I fly my dad back and he has to transit through YVR, he can use the MLL there), and leave the remaining passes with my remaining family in YYZ.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SEMM
My son uses my passes all the time without my having to travel with him.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Free Agent
+1 to your guests can use them.

my mini beef is the lack of clarity/consistency re using the same lounge pass for multi-stop itineraries- any recent experiences with using the guest pass in more than one MLL lounge where flights are connecting on the same day/same itinerary?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by canolakid
+1 to your guests can use them.

my mini beef is the lack of clarity/consistency re using the same lounge pass for multi-stop itineraries- any recent experiences with using the guest pass in more than one MLL lounge where flights are connecting on the same day/same itinerary?
I think the MLL guest passes are for one-time use only, regardless of connections on the same day/same itinerary.
In other words, for each MLL you enter at each connecting airport, you need one MLL guest pass.
The lounge agent will collect the MLL guest pass once you enter the lounge, and won't hand it back to you to use it again at another connecting airport.
My friend recently flew YYZ-YEG-YVR on one itinerary, and he used one MLL pass at YYZ and another one at YEG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.