Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YUL Inbound hold at origin until 5pm [SUN JAN 4, 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SparseFlyer
List of cancelled AC flights:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...usByAirport.do

Inbound

Outbound
Print Wikipost

YUL Inbound hold at origin until 5pm [SUN JAN 4, 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Is it safe to assume that you don't work in customer service?

I was flying through EWR a few years back on New Years. NYC had just had a big storm, and the GA supervisor I was chatting with had not been home in 3 days, worked 18 hour days, and slept on a couch in the employee lounge a few hours at a time over 2 nights.

Looking at comments/attitudes around here make me think I wouldn't want to work in this industry, I can only imagine if you multiply that by 1000 with the John Q. Public crowd who don't fly regularly and don't understand the system.

Maybe its because I've been on the other side of the counter with a few dozen angry customers over a situation I have little or no control over, but I think they deserve a little sympathy in times like that.

Thats my 2 cents....
+1000
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Maybe its because I've been on the other side of the counter with a few dozen angry customers over a situation I have little or no control over, but I think they deserve a little sympathy in times like that.
It is that.

You can tell, as a front-line employee, when a customer has been there.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Widebodies used to clear the backlog

It looks like AC is using several widebody flights today between YYZ/YUL to clear out the backlog from yesterdays mess.

AC2044 has a wide open J cabin in case anyone is interested in getting a pod for such a short flight - sadly no 788 today.

Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
It is that.

You can tell, as a front-line employee, when a customer has been there.
Agreed! I generally try to be as low maintenance as possible, however in situations like this I go out of my way to make sure I am as invisible as possible. The various groups of employes have enough to deal with, and sadly, this is really when the DYKWIA's really come out and show their true colours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.