Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost my pre-assigned seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by back seat
I called and asked for a reason..... the agent had no idea.

Yes it happens in the air travel business, but it seems to happen most with Air Canada for me...

The real problem is I am traveling with my SO.... we are on different PNRs, so she will have her window seat with somebody else. Its a short flight to YWG, but its very frustrating. We can't get our PNR's merged because we have different return plans.
Right.

My mom and her older sister were on the same PNR and yet AC still tried to split them up to accommodate a large family. My mom did stand her ground and eventually got her and her sister together, but it really upset my mother.

I told my mom to next time call me if they get into a situation like that. Of course, my option at such a point would be to engage the concierge to see if they could help, but somehow I doubt the concierge staff would care because it wasn't "me" that was traveling. *sigh*
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by farmerbrown
Same thing happened to us today :

All family members ripped apart by AC were sitting with others also separated from their families. They even managed to reduce an eight yr old girl to tears when her dad was told there was nothing they would do. 'Nothing we can do sir, flight is full, figure it out on board.'
*Ripped* apart? That's a tad dramatic, no? It's not like the entire metal tube isn't going to the same place.

Stuff happens - this is part of travel in the 1st world, there are a lot worse things that could have happened on your trip.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Clipper801
It happens at every airline.

SQ is even worse. I was once unceremoniously moved to a middle seat (J config. 2 x 3 x 2 on their regional 777) on a KIX-SIN flight because one of their own PPS top tier passengers has wanted my assigned seat. My original seat was a bulkhead aisle.

I wrote to their customer relation dept. after the trip and was offered 5,000 points in their Krisflyer programme, which was useless as I had no interest of becoming a member.
Damn, I wish AC would do that for SEs
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by jaysona
*Ripped* apart? That's a tad dramatic, no? It's not like the entire metal tube isn't going to the same place.
There was once this dumb blonde with an econ ticket that sat at a first class seat that was open. The FAs tried to ask her politely to leave that seat and go to her assigned econ seat. She refused.

The pilot came, and whispered that the first class section is going to Kansas while the econ section is going to Dallas. This dumb blonde quickly went to her assigned econ seat.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
They must know your handle.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yscleo
There was once this dumb blonde with an econ ticket that sat at a first class seat that was open. The FAs tried to ask her politely to leave that seat and go to her assigned econ seat. She refused.

The pilot came, and whispered that the first class section is going to Kansas while the econ section is going to Dallas. This dumb blonde quickly went to her assigned econ seat.
Sounds like urban legend if you ask me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.