Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by CMK10
There are some at YOW this morning too
Originally Posted by RangerNS
And YHZ, and YYZ TB. Must now be standard.
It seems so. Watermelon slices also made an appearance in YUL Dom last Friday!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Not sure if it is only YVR or a slight change in Breakfast offering but in the DOM YVR MLL this morning, cheesy omelette instead of scrambled eggs, turkey sausage instead of pork and herbed potatoes instead of hasbrown.

The omelet is the plastic type that's offered in places like Hampton Inn, HI Express, Homewood Suites. I also personally prefer a "plain" product. If people want cheese, put a bowl of shredded cheese on the side... Sausages were way overcooked, so we're the potatoes. If new, staff might be getting used to new prep method.

I know, first world issues...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Not sure if it is only YVR or a slight change in Breakfast offering but in the DOM YVR MLL this morning, cheesy omelette instead of scrambled eggs, turkey sausage instead of pork and herbed potatoes instead of hasbrown.

The omelet is the plastic type that's offered in places like Hampton Inn, HI Express, Homewood Suites. I also personally prefer a "plain" product. If people want cheese, put a bowl of shredded cheese on the side... Sausages were way overcooked, so we're the potatoes. If new, staff might be getting used to new prep method.

I know, first world issues...
This is not only YVR as I saw the same thing in YUL Domestic last week so I guess this is system-wide. I rather enjoyed the potatoes but the sausages were actually undercooked in my case.
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:45 am

Muffins are out and scones are in. YYZ TB MLL.

Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Muffins are out and scones are in. YYZ TB MLL.

I guess I will now add to my #2MMSconeTop
jasdou and smallmj like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I don't get to YYZ much, but last night in the Domestic MLL they had a booth set up serving "premium" wines. Sponsored by Amex apparently.

Not sure if this is a new thing, but I hadn't seen this before. Very few takers though while I was there. I guess they were too busy eating soggy pasta.

While technically not food, this seemed to be the best place to post this comment.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
They had that in YVR Dom last week.

No takers for the French wine Amex (2010 Bordeaux - but lost the pic of the label) was pouring, so my wife and I were content to help make a dent in their supply, and forgo the standard beverage offerings.

nice little surprise.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I don't get to YYZ much, but last night in the Domestic MLL they had a booth set up serving "premium" wines. Sponsored by Amex apparently.

Not sure if this is a new thing, but I hadn't seen this before. Very few takers though while I was there. I guess they were too busy eating soggy pasta.

While technically not food, this seemed to be the best place to post this comment.
Originally Posted by doubleflier

No takers for the French wine Amex (2010 Bordeaux - but lost the pic of the label) was pouring, so my wife and I were content to help make a dent in their supply, and forgo the standard beverage offerings.

nice little surprise.
They have been doing this sort of thing at YYZ and YVR Dom MLLs since 2017, IIRC. Sometimes it is Scotch instead of wine. IIRC there are posts way upthread from 2017.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

They have been doing this sort of thing at YYZ and YVR Dom MLLs since 2017, IIRC. Sometimes it is Scotch instead of wine. IIRC there are posts way upthread from 2017.
Good to know. First time I've seen it, but then I rarely darken YYZ's doorstep, so to speak.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by doubleflier

nice little surprise.
I always assumed it was more of a "wine tasting" set-up. Do they happily serve full glasses of wine?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I always assumed it was more of a "wine tasting" set-up. Do they happily serve full glasses of wine?
Pretty generous pours in my experience. They had a premium vodka a few months ago, I slept quite soundly on the following flight!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:20 pm

Yes, the pours were indeed generous. But few takers, despite a packed lounge.

I guess this type of thing doesn't appeal to the rye and ginger set (no offense intended - feel free to insert your go-to MLL lounge drink here).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yes, the pours were indeed generous. But few takers, despite a packed lounge.
I wonder whether everyone understands what the offering is.

As mentioned above, I assumed it was more of a "wine tasting" set-up, so the 1-2 times I saw someone at the table, I didn't bother based on my wrong assumption (I would've happily accepted a few glasses of drinkable wine)

Also, some pax may not get the subtle "the MLL wine is plonk, but we are offering some drinkable wines here today" message.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:59 pm

I wonder whether everyone understands what the offering is.

As mentioned above, I assumed it was more of a "wine tasting" set-up, so the 1-2 times I saw someone at the table, I didn't bother based on my wrong assumption (I would've happily accepted a few glasses of drinkable wine)

Also, some pax may not get the subtle "the MLL wine is plonk, but we are offering some drinkable wines here today" message.
Yes, and most likely people want to avoid a credit card sales pitch even though this is not what it is. The girls serving the wine/liquor at those things probably don’t know the first thing about Amex anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I passed the Amex wine table once because it was too close to the entrance and I wanted to put my stuff down first and by the time I found a spot, I had forgotten about it.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.