Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Because we like things spicy in Quebec.
YHZ also has it.

I can't remember where I was recently that didn't. YEG? YVR tb?

Speaking of YHZ, wow. No hot food. Never did I think there would be a "big" lounge worse than YVR tb. And yet, here we are.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I've never been to the YHZ lounge, but my impression was that it was not a big lounge in any sense of the word. The only international flight leaves YHZ near midnight, so it really only serves domestic passengers. What does it have - chips, salsa and cookies?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
In the YVR DOM MLL now just coming off AC12.

Managed to catch a few tasty pizza slices before it was unceremoniously yanked from the buffet:

Name:  IMG_8322.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  157.9 KB
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch

Managed to catch a few tasty pizza slices before it was unceremoniously yanked from the buffet:

Wow. Every time I go through YVR domestic at around 10pm the place is crowded, with the hoards all fighting over soup.

I was there two nights ago on the way up from LAX and basically went in, left, and found a much quieter part of the terminal (at that point...everywhere) to nibble on some chips.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
I've never been to the YHZ lounge, but my impression was that it was not a big lounge in any sense of the word. The only international flight leaves YHZ near midnight, so it really only serves domestic passengers. What does it have - chips, salsa and cookies?
Yes. I filled out a comment card and went to a restaurant.

This layover is long enough to permit it.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YHZ also has it.

I can't remember where I was recently that didn't. YEG? YVR tb?

Speaking of YHZ, wow. No hot food. Never did I think there would be a "big" lounge worse than YVR tb. And yet, here we are.
From a domestic standpoint, it's been well established that any semblance of hot food as part of the lunch and/or evening spread (aside from "soup"), has been at YYZ, YVR, YUL, and YYC. One could argue that YOW is "bigger" and more "significant" than YHZ, and they have the usual cold fare plus soup.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Rendar
Wow. Every time I go through YVR domestic at around 10pm the place is crowded, with the hoards all fighting over soup.

I was there two nights ago on the way up from LAX and basically went in, left, and found a much quieter part of the terminal (at that point...everywhere) to nibble on some chips.
Pizza is served from 11:30am to approximately 1:30pm.

Dinner, which switched from Mac & Cheese to a really super crappy Risotto, is served from 5:30PM and yanked at 7PM (almost militantly).

This is why you've seen pretty much nothing other than the hot soup, bread (with the two hummus bowls), tortilla chips (with salsa and dill sour cream), and salads plus cookies at 10pm. You're lucky though because up until the end of August or so, the soup and bread was yanked at 10pm and all that was left was tortilla chips, salsa, and hummus.

At least now the bonehead management have realized that hey, Mexican tortilla chips were meant to be with salsa and not hummus.

And for added bonus, at least we don't have any more insane buckets of two types of pickles.

I sometimes wonder why the food decisions are made the way they are... I think they get their daughter's babysitter's dogwalker's hairdresser's cottage cheese armpit sniffer to make the MLL food choices.

Last edited by yyznomad; Oct 22, 2017 at 1:43 am
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gabdusch

Attachment 42180
The pizza is mysteriously hit and miss at the YVR Domestic MLL.

Some days it's tasty and other days it tastes like someone shoved some their buttocks botox into the pizza and then microwaved it.

YYC MLL offers the best and consistent pizza IMHO. (you know, my N=400+ this year, so what does this FOTSG know)

The YUL Domestic MLL pizza is absolute crappage. It's literally microwave plastic. At least that stuff keeps me regular. I think I've destroyed the YUL Domestic MLL men's lav more than once now, thanks to the crappage.

(why do I eat it? Because it keeps me regular... who needs Metamucil when I've got me some crapizza?)
smallmj likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: AC E75K
Reading this thread while enjoying made-to-order soba at the ANA Lounge at HND makes me smile...and then sigh...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Dinner, which switched from Mac & Cheese to a really super crappy Risotto, is served from 5:30PM and yanked at 7PM (almost militantly).
Very big fan of the risotto as well.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Reading this thread while enjoying made-to-order soba at the ANA Lounge at HND makes me smile...and then sigh...
I miss that lounge.
Do they still have the chicken nuggets?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:08 pm

Having seen food being yanked a couple of times these past two weeks - it's so curious to me that any airport facility feels compelled to stick SO strictly to such narrow breakfast and lunch schedules.

We are all eating "on the run", not trying to adhere to a normal 90 minute eating regime....mostly motivated by hunger not keeping any standard mealtimes.

Beyond the sense that AC food fair is perhaps the worst (at least in domestic lounges) of comparable airlines...anything is available for such narrow periods and in small amounts.

In YYZ a couple of days back, saw a guy in front of me pile the last three slices of pizza on his immensely small plate, leaving the two guys standing right beside him bereft. Beyond feeling like a sad metaphor for life (lol), AC needs to do much better with refilling and widening access.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amc48c
In YYZ a couple of days back, saw a guy in front of me pile the last three slices of pizza on his immensely small plate, leaving the two guys standing right beside him bereft. Beyond feeling like a sad metaphor for life (lol), AC needs to do much better with refilling and widening access.
When I'm the person standing behind the "rest-of-the-stuff-taker", I just wait for the next batch to come out. I stand there like a hawk ready to pounce and trounce on my ounce. A minute or two later, the next batch comes out... unless it's already past the service time for said hot foot in which case I stand there for 23.5 hours waiting for the next batch.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: *$ Green
YHZ has the same drinks as YUL because NB will be annexed by PQ.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
YHZ has the same drinks as YUL because NB will be annexed by PQ.
I need me some Johnné Walkeur Noir.

And some sandwich au fromage fondant and coquetel.

Oh poopers... I mean Le Grilled-Cheese et Le Cocktail.

Please don't arrest me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.