Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I should have clarified that all were Dom.

As for NH HND *G International lounge, don't get @24left and I started!!!
Well to begin with, there's Hibiki...
Old May 10, 2017, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Well to begin with, there's Hibiki...
... and all the regional sakes.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wasn't posting an opinion... it was merely a data point based on my "n" of many experiences.

Each MLL does things slightly different.
I was not questioning that. Each MLL executes things differently. That has always been the case.

These days it is just not "normal". Planograms drive much of this in virtually every other type of venue. When you walk into a Starbucks the display in the pastry cabinet has been carefully planed down to the angle of each donut that looks to be in a random pile. The same for how chain restaurants plate their meals, how Tim Hortons assembles as a sandwich and so on.

The differences are just amplified with the pizza. One location chef experience thing going on while another layers the slides in a pile.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I was not questioning that. Each MLL executes things differently. That has always been the case.

These days it is just not "normal". Planograms drive much of this in virtually every other type of venue. When you walk into a Starbucks the display in the pastry cabinet has been carefully planed down to the angle of each donut that looks to be in a random pile. The same for how chain restaurants plate their meals, how Tim Hortons assembles as a sandwich and so on.

The differences are just amplified with the pizza. One location chef experience thing going on while another layers the slides in a pile.
Ha ok, got it!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Managed to grab margherita pizza YYZ TB today just a bit after 1. It was adequate. Far better than pickles but clearly commissary food. Adequate and I would have it again. No detectable allergens*. ^^^^^

* (referring to MY allergens)
Old May 12, 2017, 5:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Had the YYC MLL mac and cheese tonight. Infinitely better than YUL. Not good, just pedestrian, but it was edible. Heavy on cream and lacking in cheese, but edible. Not as flavourful as KD, but less artificial.

Originally Posted by 24left
Ok, who here doesn't realize that AC controls the budget and may have input on the offerings we see and smell in the MLL? Lol

Compass may be the one who says "Here is what your 50 cents per person will buy you." AC is the one that sets the spend.
Thank you! I don't like people letting AC off the hook. If they told Compass (or whoever runs the lounges) to spend $20/pax on food and stock Johnnie Walker Blue, and paid for it, they would.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amex booth at YYZ Dom MLL tonight featured Cardhu 12 and Talisker 10. I lingered around the booth for awhile and so did a few others.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Had the YYC MLL mac and cheese tonight. Infinitely better than YUL. Not good, just pedestrian, but it was edible. Heavy on cream and lacking in cheese, but edible. Not as flavourful as KD, but less artificial.

Thank you! I don't like people letting AC off the hook. If they told Compass (or whoever runs the lounges) to spend $20/pax on food and stock Johnnie Walker Blue, and paid for it, they would.
Yes and no. I don't disagree with your general idea, but AC probably figures what it should pay for pax as if they were paying for it. And they probably fail to take into account the fee for Compass or the mark-up etc.

If AC would just run the lounges themselves they could put their savings into providing better customer service or products.

After all, they have decided to run the FF program for themselves.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
I had some in the YYZ TB MLL two days ago. I even mixed it with Coke Zero in your honor!

Also, they had the Singleton 12 years.
There is no spiced rum in YYZ DOM or TB.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There is no spiced rum in YYZ DOM or TB.
Well, they had some when I posted about it. No pictures, sorry (I'm not 24L ) but there definitely was a bottle of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum hanging upside down in the YYZ TB!

Maybe it was a one-off or something.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasdou
Well, they had some when I posted about it. No pictures, sorry (I'm not 24L ) but there definitely was a bottle of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum hanging upside down in the YYZ TB!

Maybe it was a one-off or something.
Yup, it was Cow appreciation day
Old May 23, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know why Singleton 12 is replacing the Glenlivet 12 in the domestic MLLs?

JW Black still exists.

Last edited by tcook052; May 23, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old May 23, 2017, 4:52 pm

Monday morning tried out the new YYZ DOM coffee machines for the first time. The attendant seeing the look on my face upon taking the first sip commented:“You too? About 1/2 the people find it too strong."

Easy work around…
-Cup of black coffee
-Cup of hot water
-Empty cup
-Demitasse cup

As the small cup fits nicely into the regular size use it to move 1/2 of the coffee to the empty cup. Top off with hot water. Sugar and cream to taste.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
Monday morning tried out the new YYZ DOM coffee machines for the first time. The attendant seeing the look on my face upon taking the first sip commented:“You too? About 1/2 the people find it too strong."

Easy work around…
-Cup of black coffee
-Cup of hot water
-Empty cup
-Demitasse cup

As the small cup fits nicely into the regular size use it to move 1/2 of the coffee to the empty cup. Top off with hot water. Sugar and cream to taste.
I actually find the coffee just right in just strength. My pet peeve is that the machines don't work half the time! But yes, there ways to mitigate the strength.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:41 pm

The AC Panel Listens survey I got today was all about the MLLs.

I zeroed in on the food offerings, haha. Definitely their weakest point overall. Well, a few need a serious reno (YUL Domestic).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.