Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I'm squeezing sausages next time I'm in a MLL in the AM. This has me all curious what this food stuff is in the lounges.
You mean the breakfast sausages, correct?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan
But I guess noting that water (I HOPE) had been dumped on chips is me hating AC. I hated the lounge at that moment, and mostly the other pax in the lounge prior.
Maybe a previous PAX decided to spike the chips with Scotch.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I do apologize for my zeal. I get excited. And yes I was referring to the breakfast links, and not suggesting the grabbing of anyone's appendage. I have this image of some poor innocent chap like CC now sitting in a MLL with legs crossed, terrified that some maniac is walking around squeezing people.

In respect to the reduced breakfast selection in the MLL, has there been a reliable explanation provided for the decision? I get the cost cutting move, but did it really cost that much to put those items out?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: *A 50K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I do apologize for my zeal. I get excited. And yes I was referring to the breakfast links, and not suggesting the grabbing of anyone's appendage. I have this image of some poor innocent chap like CC now sitting in a MLL with legs crossed, terrified that some maniac is walking around squeezing people.

In respect to the reduced breakfast selection in the MLL, has there been a reliable explanation provided for the decision? I get the cost cutting move, but did it really cost that much to put those items out?
probably to cover the cost of the kitchen and new menu at YYC!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You mean the breakfast sausages, correct?
Did I?

Originally Posted by smallmj
Maybe a previous PAX decided to spike the chips with Scotch.
Oh I wish... partly why I kept an open mind and shoved a bunch of this crap into my mouth. I've actually been sick for the last few days, so who knows. Anyhow, my fault for touching that crud.

Not that PPL or any other lounge would be better; close to closing (which I had no idea was 9PM at YYZ TB), I should really just stick to the stuff in the upside-down bottles; safe, sterile, and only subject to a few fingers.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:08 am

I should really just stick to the stuff in the upside-down bottles; safe, sterile, and only subject to a few fingers.
YYZ DOM MLL yesterday at noon observed a requested soup spoon offered handle first as the lady refilling the supply squeezed the business end of the soup spoon between her ungloved palm and thumb. Surprisingly the requestor happily accepted it.

Spent some time then noting the consistent inconsistency of glove use.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
YYZ DOM MLL yesterday at noon observed a requested soup spoon offered handle first as the lady refilling the supply squeezed the business end of the soup spoon between her ungloved palm and thumb. Surprisingly the requestor happily accepted it.

That's ok. "Employees much wash hands after using toilet." Signs surely are posted everywhere.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Horrible experience at YYZ USA lounge yesterday....just nothing except some kale and mayonnaise salad, piles upon piles of pickles, a couple soups. Asked for hummus and was told "no more hummus in the USA lounge, domestic or international only" - huh?? What kind of idiot makes a decision like that?

Nevertheless, I walked out, went to the PP lounge and decided I'm done with MLLs....the difference between the two lounges is night and day.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Nevertheless, I walked out, went to the PP lounge and decided I'm done with MLLs....the difference between the two lounges is night and day.
From AC HQ - Mission accomplished!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82
Mission will not be fully complete until the soups are reformulated such that no one wants a second helping.

On a brighter note I am down 4 pounds since the breakfast pastries and meuslix and cheese omlette removal with my only dietary change the lounge enhancements.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ

Might have to rule out any visits to any restaurant establishment then.

From corner hot dog stand to 3 Michelin Star steak houses.

I mean, yeah it's disgusting. But yeah. It's nicer when the staff at least pretends to have hygiene standards in front of customers.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYT82
Maybe it was the time of day (Sunday ~5pm), but the place was almost empty...you could have shot a cannon in there and only hit...a pickle.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Horrible experience at YYZ USA lounge yesterday....just nothing except some kale and mayonnaise salad, piles upon piles of pickles, a couple soups. Asked for hummus and was told "no more hummus in the USA lounge, domestic or international only" - huh?? What kind of idiot makes a decision like that?

It's not the biggest secret that the YYZ TB MLL has been always lacklustre at best! No more hummus brings it down from 0.000001 to 0.00000000000001 in quality. I think they are striving for "best at being worst" when it comes to MLLs.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Maybe it was the time of day (Sunday ~5pm), but the place was almost empty...you could have shot a cannon in there and only hit...a pickle.
It was just over a year ago that I visited the YYZ dom MLL for the first time. Not a pickle in sight. The build your own salad station had tags on each item, and one was labeled 'today's protein option' (grilled chicken strips). I know it's no Amex Centurion lounge, but this implied that they can (or used to) make an effort to have a balanced menu.

Whoever is in charge of institutional size cans of pickles at Sysco must be really raking in the commission checks. OR... maybe not. I have never actually seen anyone take/consume said pickles. Maybe the lounge is putting the same trays out each day in a desperate ploy to get rid of them?

//had a funny experience 2 weeks ago as well. I know this will be hard to believe, but there were dirty dishes piled up at every vacant chair! I moved the mess from my desired seat to another, resulting in an awe-inspiring leaning tower of dishes/plates. About a half hour later, the MLL staff woke from their siesta and worked their way over to clear them. The guy saw the tower, burst out laughing, ran to get his manager and additional helpers. he pointed the stack out in awe, saying 'I think someone was trying to tell us something.'
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

I've been told that the reason for domestic and intl having better food is the lounge budget costs are different because of airfare yields. And that *G/third party usage isn't that high for reimbursement revenue. The paradox of competition.

Either way, yyz TB food offerings continue to disappoint.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.