Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
FRA MLL

@chebert999

I'm bringing a post over from another thread as it mainly pertained to food in the FRA MLL.

Originally Posted by chebert999
I'm in the FRA MLL now. I'm waiting for AC877 to YYZ.
My flight is booked solid and the lounge is very busy. Food is as usual: pretty bad. I can confirm that showers are not working. I haven't been here for quite some time. I have to say the view is fantastic tho
Having frequented the FRA MLL quite often in the past, I can tell you that after lunch is yanked at around 1:30pm local time, everything after is a bit bare bones and they don't serve a dinner portion for 877, which is the last AC flight out of FRA for the day. This is why you saw "pretty bad" food, assuming you arrived after 1:30pm-ish.

It's the breakfast and lunch spreads that are better... everything else is in "food purgatory".
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@chebert999

I'm bringing a post over from another thread as it mainly pertained to food in the FRA MLL.

Having frequented the FRA MLL quite often in the past, I can tell you that after lunch is yanked at around 1:30pm local time, everything after is a bit bare bones and they don't serve a dinner portion for 877, which is the last AC flight out of FRA for the day. This is why you saw "pretty bad" food, assuming you arrived after 1:30pm-ish.

It's the breakfast and lunch spreads that are better... everything else is in "food purgatory".
Interesting. I don't fly out of FRA nearly as often as I used to, but I could've sworn that a solid selection of hot items was always brought out ~75-90min before the departure of AC877. Has that been enhanced away?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting. I don't fly out of FRA nearly as often as I used to, but I could've sworn that a solid selection of hot items was always brought out ~75-90min before the departure of AC877. Has that been enhanced away?
Anything is possible! Including true enhancements, which AC does actually do from time to time. (now waiting for others to pile on about how much AC sucks, etc.)

I said what I said because I always remembered waiting for 877 and there was really no quality hot spread like lunch/breakfast. I usually got to the MLL around 1:30pm to do work until 877 is almost done boarding, and was able to grab some hot lunch before it was yanked. But after that, nothing of real substance (hot-wise) was to be had all afternoon.

So, if this has changed, then that's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
YYZ TB a few days ago, meant to say I liked the orzo salad with the cucumber and peas. Any theories on what the green leaves are? Probably kale. Liked it so much I made a batch, minus unidentified leaves because I did not have any kale.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by flyquiet
YYZ TB a few days ago, meant to say I liked the orzo salad with the cucumber and peas. Any theories on what the green leaves are? Probably kale. Liked it so much I made a batch, minus unidentified leaves because I did not have any kale.
Pretty sure it's baby spinach (assuming we had the same salad).
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:28 pm

Note that the lounge does NOT open as early as the website promises. The sign on the door has a later time, which was when the desk agent actually opened the door. I complained and got a 30% code.
There is also the lovely oatmeal.
Hot dang! You must share your art of complaint!
Unless it was 30% off MLL access, which you already have.

I must endeavour to make it to lounges for posted opening for this purpose - it would be much more satisfying than the MLL experience! *enhancement idea* Take away my lounge access for % discounts, or even better cash backs!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
No, it was 30% off base fare. It seemed like a generous % number but now I have to think of some way to burn a code like that. Just saving work money, which has little personal value to me. AE miles equally unmotivating to me though. What would be personally valuable to me would be a lie-flat upgrade on a TPAC work trip I'm not allowed to book as J. (Need to figure out how to turn it into that.)

It was me, my guest, and another party of 3 standing around at 04:30. I expressed I was disappointed and sent photo of the sign and screen shot of the app. I wasn't particularly histrionic I don't think, and I try to keep my complaints to a dull roar because I don't want to be crying wolf, reporting every time they disappoint me. This one was black and white, and not a matter of operations or personality, plus I thought it would be easy for them to fix - just edit the website. I don't know if they have.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, it was 30% off base fare. It seemed like a generous % number but now I have to think of some way to burn a code like that. Just saving work money, which has little personal value to me. AE miles equally unmotivating to me though. What would be personally valuable to me would be a lie-flat upgrade on a TPAC work trip I'm not allowed to book as J. (Need to figure out how to turn it into that.)

It was me, my guest, and another party of 3 standing around at 04:30. I expressed I was disappointed and sent photo of the sign and screen shot of the app. I wasn't particularly histrionic I don't think, and I try to keep my complaints to a dull roar because I don't want to be crying wolf, reporting every time they disappoint me. This one was black and white, and not a matter of operations or personality, plus I thought it would be easy for them to fix - just edit the website. I don't know if they have.
If I'd known you had a 30% code a while ago I could have helped you "burn it"
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Willing and able to help ��. Seriously, I had one and used it for a trip to AU. Saved a significant amount of $.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Leftovers

YYZ Dom MLL

flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Leftovers

YYZ Dom MLL

Is there a pickle-centered one?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Photos below are January 2019 from the YUL and YYZ Dom MLLs.

YUL Dom MLL Breakfast

I did not eat anything, so I can't comment.

YYZ Dom MLL - about 11am

The usual 2 soup options were also available as well las cookies and leftover bananas and scones from breakfast.

Booze o'clock at the station near the reception area.

These are not the same pizzas I saw in YVR. As others have noted, they were more like a warmish flatbread, a little melted cheese, some balsamic vinegar drizzle and arugula.

(The heat lamp makes it all off-colour and I wasn't going to edit)

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Photos below are January 2019 from the YUL and YYZ Dom MLLs.

YUL Dom MLL Breakfast

I did not eat anything, so I can't comment.

YYZ Dom MLL - about 11am

The usual 2 soup options were also available as well las cookies and leftover bananas and scones from breakfast.

Booze o'clock at the station near the reception area.

These are not the same pizzas I saw in YVR. As others have noted, they were more like a warmish flatbread, a little melted cheese, some balsamic vinegar drizzle and arugula.

(The heat lamp makes it all off-colour and I wasn't going to edit)
Looks like things haven't changed (yet) from last month.

As for the YYZ Dom MLL pizza, yes, it's similar to YUL and YVR (with subtle differences). They're all the same "type" as in arugula, truffles, and cheese on flatbread... but the flatbread quality/brand/whatever is different, from what I've noticed. IIRC, like in the past, it's the way it's been prepared. YUL Dom's is always the worst as it's never oven baked like the other MLLs, AFAIK.

But having said that, I like the current pizzas over the past "cheese pizzas" with the occasional "pepperoni pizza" being served from week to week.

I wonder if they still serve Italian Wedding soup at the YUL Dom MLL. That's my favourite soup (well, I also liked the Chili but not sure if that's classified as soup).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone knows what the current offering is around 6pm in the YYX TB lounge ? Will be heading there today time permitting. And is the PP lounge reopened or still in the makeshift space. Trying to decide which one to visit
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
My brief visit the the YUL Dom allowed me to snap this at about 7:30pm. Didnt get time to taste but it actually looks pretty good...

The other hot area was empty, a member of staff was cleaning (??) it or something. Being used to the YYZ lounges this is more that Id expect in YYZ Intl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.