Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PhotoSmurf
I will be visiting the AC domestic lounge at YYC next Wednesday around 12 noon.

What kind of lunch time food selection can I expect?

Thanks in advance!
Pizza, soup, salad, etc.

Btw, this is the ONLY MLL at YYC.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
and pickles.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Häagen-Dazs YUL International MLL

Here with ffsim at the YUL International MLL

Häagen-Dazs freezer operational. Yummy Vanilla Almond!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Here with ffsim at the YUL International MLL

Häagen-Dazs freezer operational. Yummy Vanilla Almond!!!!
So which flavours are available in the lounge?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
So which flavours are available in the lounge?
It appears that is the only flavour. But it's yummy at least!

As for the YUL domestic MLL the Häagen-Dazs freezer is no longer there!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by The smallest state
and pickles.
No more pickles in MLLs. At least, I didn't notice any in my last dozen visits or so in YUL dom, YUL TB, YYZ Intl, YYZ TB and YYZ dom.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PhotoSmurf
I will be visiting the AC domestic lounge at YYC next Wednesday around 12 noon.

What kind of lunch time food selection can I expect?

Thanks in advance!
Salad, Quinoa, 2 types of soup, fresh made Pizza which is actually very good, cookies, bread, and a tended bar.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jasdou
No more pickles in MLLs. At least, I didn't notice any in my last dozen visits or so in YUL dom, YUL TB, YYZ Intl, YYZ TB and YYZ dom.
Too bad, one of the AC classic is gone...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YVR Domestic MLL is millitant on food times

At YYZ Domestic MLL they now leave the pizza past 1:00PM and the Mac & Cheese past 7:00PM.

But at the YVR Domestic MLL they are militant with the Mac & Cheese by yanking at 7:00PM every night without fail... even if there is a ton leftover. I find it annoying in the regard. I sometimes arrive at 7:03pm and the thing is already yanked or in the process of being yanked and carted away with the thing almost full.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Perhaps it is just me, but I find the domestic "pizza" is inconsistent. YYZ offers a basic institutional dough with tomato sauce, a thick wedge of tomato, and generous cheese topping. It is not great, but is ok with a bowl of the chicken soup. YUL has pita bread with a splash of tomato sauce and a miserly amount of cheese. It goes well with a garbage can. No meat of any kind, whether veggie meat or mechanically deboned meat. Nada, nothing. The very oily spinach, cucumber and tomato salad, could do with a lot less oil. It shouldn't be drowning in it.
One item that surprised me was the lack of accommodation for the Asian clientele AC is seeking. I have noticed a large number of older Asians in the YYZ domestic MLL at certain hours who are connecting to or from an Asian hub. There really is nothing there for them. I don't understand why AC can't offer some noodle bowls. boxes for them. You see them in all the Asian airline lounges. In bulk, they are less than 50 cents each. This way the bowls could offer some flavours of interest. Better yet, would be some basic won ton soup which is found in the carrier lounges who service the Chinese and North American "hipster" markets. I would be thrilled if one cold winter day I could have a hot and sour soup or pea soup, but alas I digress.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
One item that surprised me was the lack of accommodation for the Asian clientele AC is seeking. I have noticed a large number of older Asians in the YYZ domestic MLL at certain hours who are connecting to or from an Asian hub. There really is nothing there for them. I don't understand why AC can't offer some noodle bowls. boxes for them. You see them in all the Asian airline lounges. In bulk, they are less than 50 cents each. This way the bowls could offer some flavours of interest. Better yet, would be some basic won ton soup which is found in the carrier lounges who service the Chinese and North American "hipster" markets. I would be thrilled if one cold winter day I could have a hot and sour soup or pea soup, but alas I digress.
Let's keep a sense of perspective here. AC is not an Asia-based airline. You more or less expect airlines to offer stuff more or less according to their core market. Not the periphery.

Otherwise you could extend the argument to other overseas places where Ac is trying hard to make big inroads. And obviously to the European market.

BTW, if I remember right, the YUL lounge has a food bar that has Asian stuff, and is probably not bad.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I don't understand why AC can't offer some noodle bowls. boxes for them. You see them in all the Asian airline lounges. In bulk, they are less than 50 cents each. This way the bowls could offer some flavours of interest.
Those noodle bowls may be semi-flavourful, but are even unhealthier than the usual AC lounge food.

Actually, I was extremely unimpressed when the only food offered in the BA ORD lounge (before departing in CX J) consisted of cheap noodle bowls - probably the most mediocre lounge I visited last year.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Yes, I know, some noodle bowls are chock full of fat however, the Gattuso variety have less than 2 g of fat and lower sodium. They are easy to stock and service what can be considered one of the more profitable demographics. AC may not be an Asian based airline, but it's key growth strategy is in SE Asia. The Asian routes are where the growth and the profits are projected to be. YYZ and YVR have the two wealthiest Asian populations in the country and a prudent hospitality service provider would service their preferences especially when there are multiple flights to Asia at certain hours. The MLLs can offer white bread and miracle whip spread for the demographic that comes in after that.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
YYC yesterday had pancakes and lots of limp bacon for breakfast amongst the yoghurt, hard boiled eggs, toasts, etc.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
Some kind of stir fry rice available at the YYZ TB lounge right now. Something to eat between the pizza and the mac and cheese...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.