Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by aircanada_flyer
I don't understand why there is so much hate towards AC lounges. The food is better than most UA lounges. The little sandwiches are always tasty, and the chips are always appreciated.

Mind you, I'm coming close to 200 pounds so perhaps I should change my diet. My cause of death on my autopsy will be "Air Canada".

I'm fine with that. I've lived a full life.
I started typing a response before realizing that canadiancow took the words out of my mouth:

Originally Posted by canadiancow
When was the last time you saw a sandwich in a TB lounge?

Even before UA started to improve their offerings, I preferred UA food to AC food.
Originally Posted by songsc
YVR international lounge is a joke now. Due to construction space is greatly reduced in the new lounge. If you come in around 11am, good luck finding a seat. I looked around, there seems to be only one computer, they call it "business centre"?
Did they close the new lounge on the second floor or the old lounge on the ground floor?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Did they close the new lounge on the second floor or the old lounge on the ground floor?
The old lounge on the ground floor is closed for construction. The new one above also has some construction going on. I would say the size of the second floor lounge is about half of the size of the old one.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100KMM, IHG Spire
Omelettes in YYC MLL

Does AC know why they discontinued the omelettes? I know it meant employing 2 people to cook but it really was a treat.

Originally Posted by Chingyul
Haven't kept up on the thread, but omelettes have disappeared from the YYC lounge in the morning. Seemed to be right around the time the new terminal opened.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I don't understand why there is so much hate towards AC lounges. The food is better than most UA lounges. The little sandwiches are always tasty, and the chips are always appreciated.

Mind you, I'm coming close to 200 pounds so perhaps I should change my diet. My cause of death on my autopsy will be "Air Canada".

Sir, please note that I am a customer of Air Canada, and not United. I am not flying United. I do not fly on United. Air Canada advertise a lounge with food. It also sold me a J class ticket at a premium price. I flew into YVR and was served an inedible egg thing with a red sugar sauce. Then, on my flight to ICN I was served what appeared to be industrial grade beef served lukewarm that was disgusting. Awful. The breakfast was a nearly uncooked piece of chicken. I would have greatly appreciated something to eat in the MLL as the airline was unable to provide anything edible onboard. This is why I prefer KLM and even AF. The lounge food in Canada especially YUL is excellent.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:08 am

I am the opposite, at 200 lbs going down... pickles are very low calorie (even if high sodium)...

Actually, I haven't been in a MLL in over six months now that I live in asia, so I get to use the TG, SQ, NH, and BR lounges. They serve fresh veggies, salads, bottled water, lean meats and fish and have superb coffees for low calorie desserts.

Let us not even get onto the topic of what is edible for diabetics at a MLL.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce

Let us not even get onto the topic of what is edible for diabetics at a MLL.
That would be the plethora of hard boiled eggs.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:24 pm

I'm in the YVR transborder lounge and notice that the Cab Sav is Beringer's lowest tier stuff.

These cost $4 a bottle at a Ralphs in CA. Might as well stock the bar with Trader Joe wine. Two buck chuck is better than this.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Rendar
I'm in the YVR transborder lounge and notice that the Cab Sav is Beringer's lowest tier stuff.

These cost $4 a bottle at a Ralphs in CA. Might as well stock the bar with Trader Joe wine. Two buck chuck is better than this.
Wouldn't Trader Joe wine be an import to Canada, and therefor a speciality
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:48 am

Given the continued reduction in food offerings in MLLs, I've started to bring my own food more often and become more brazen in pulling it out.

Whereas lounge staff used to remind me from time to time that outside food is not permitted within lounges, I've noticed that happening less and less.

Case in point: This morning at YOW MLL, I was eating my own breakfast from a container I brought from home. A staff member walked by, saw it, gave me a knowing smile and nod and walked away. It seems even AC employees acknowledge and are embarrassed by the sadness of "premium snacks" the airline is offering these days.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Given the continued reduction in food offerings in MLLs, I've started to bring my own food more often and become more brazen in pulling it out.

Whereas lounge staff used to remind me from time to time that outside food is not permitted within lounges, I've noticed that happening less and less.

Case in point: This morning at YOW MLL, I was eating my own breakfast from a container I brought from home. A staff member walked by, saw it, gave me a knowing smile and nod and walked away. It seems even AC employees acknowledge and are embarrassed by the sadness of "premium snacks" the airline is offering these days.
and then suddenly after posting this, your understandable rule-breakage will be enforced at the YOW MLL
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Let's not be "enablers" by bringing our own food. Although, I agree it's very tempting.

Last MLL visit I forgot to complete the "how did we do today card". Offerings were pathetic and YYZ transborder lounge food area looked dirty.

Memo to self and others, let's keep filling out the cards as well as writing in. I am trying to be hopeful.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

It seems we usually have way more to complain about than commend, so here's something positive (IMHO) to mix things up: I've noticed that MLLs now offer almond milk instead of soy milk as a dairy alternative. I'm a fan of this change!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: AC*SE
In the YYZ transborder MLL for past two hours - no changes...

Gruel
Hardboiled Eggs
Yogurt (mango, berry, maybe something else)
Muffins - chocolate and something else
Bread/toast - white/grain
Cereal - All bran/Colon Blow, Rice Krispies and Brown Rice Krispies
Apples
Jams / toppings - butter, fruit (strawberry/raspberry), marmalade
Drinks - Club soda, coke, coke zero, sprite, gingerale, diet gingerale, and others, Oasis-brand juices (OJ and grapefruit out, others in the fridge), Lemon Mint water, coffee, hot chocolate, teas

I think there was maple syrup... oh, and worcester sauce and tabasco.

I haven't eaten anything here in months of visit but can see there's a lot to choose from. If I was really creative, I'd mix gruel with maple syrup, brown sugar, cream. Maybe apple with tabasco sauce?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: AC*SE
Also, one of the coffee makers wasn't working. One of the fancier one has a decaf button setting. The other has an unlabeled mystery button. I think it selects decaf but I'm not sure.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
YYZ Domestic MLL -Dec 25

I didn't bother reading too far back, but on Christmas Day, there was Margherita Pizza and two different soups (I had the chicken noodle). Very yummy; Had three servings of each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.