Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Giftmassive Giveaway, Free Promo Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Giftmassive Giveaway, Free Promo Codes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by 24left
On the other hand, I entered, clicked all of the T&C and poof, no email with code.

Since I get my normal emails from AC, since I did receive the personalized email inviting me to play, and since I actually entered my address in the space, curious where the email with my code is?

Oh, right, there are none left because other people used multiple emails to get multiple codes and "they ran out"
We weren't trying to get codes,...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I see they've fixed the glitch where they send you the email confirming the prize you won, BEFORE you even picked a box. The REVEAL PRIZES box was just a complete fabrication as there was no way you were going to get the Free Trip regardless of which box you picked.

AC must really be having a laugh over this.
Sadly, they haven't.

I dutifully went online over my Illy caffeine fix this morning and I received the email immediately..offering an underwhelming 10% off any Tango fare, yet again. That was before I switched windows over to pick a box to reveal my surprise.

Last edited by PointWeasel; Dec 16, 2014 at 5:05 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Any idea which regulatory agency oversees contests to ensure they are handled with integrity and fairness?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
My quick research indicates the Competition Bureau.

Also, this G+M article, from 2011 is interesting reading:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...article594793/
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
I tried this on my smartphone and home PC, no email was received anywhere in my inboxes.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Each day I've "won" 10, 15 and 20% off codes, every single time (5 email addresses).

Today, every single time I got "try again".
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Dorian
Each day I've "won" 10, 15 and 20% off codes, every single time (5 email addresses).

Maybe they figured out the multiple tries coming from the same IP address?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Maybe they figured out the multiple tries coming from the same IP address?
Ya, or maybe MAC on the client side or something. IP block would be pretty big impact for companies.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I don't think they are smart enough to be tracking IP or MAC addresses. You can't track MAC addresses over the Internet anyways (only on local LANs).

I think they are running out of instant prizes. If you look they only have so many discount codes to give away and they probably under estimated how many people would play.

I'm also getting lots of "Try Again" now.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Wink Some codes for anyone who can use them

We have no plans to travel in the immediate future and want to offer these codes to anyone who can use them. In general we haven't really bothered with the 10% ones as we seemed to get plenty of 15s and 20s.

The numbering system is interesting in that all codes end with "1" and all 20% seem to start with "HT" while all 15% seem to start with"J" and 10% seem to start with "HF". Of course this is just what we got; a tiny tiny fraction of what's out there!

10% H-F-2-R-Z-7-Y-1
10% H-F-3-R-Q-X-9-1
15% J-4-D-E-Y-9-8-1
15% J-4-D-Z-D-A-A-1
15% J-4-E-H-Q-T-Q-1
15% J-4-E-W-B-8-C-1
15% J-9-K-B-8-F-8-1
20% H-T-G-H-P-J-H-1
20% H-T-H-T-T-9-C-1
20% H-T-K-6-C-P-W-1

Help yourself folks.

It's almost 11.35am EST now so the later it gets the more likely these will be used!

Would anyone using or who has used any of the above codes please PM me so that I can edit the list for everyone's benefit. Nothing more frustrating than trying to use codes which have already been taken. Thanks!

Last edited by TemboOne; Dec 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm Reason: Postscript re usage of above codes
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

I played last night for 4 accounts and got TRY AGAIN 4 times as well.

Interesting that even though there are 6 squares out of 18 with FREE TRIP, not a single person has reported winning one. With 1 out 3 odds, that seems unbelievable.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Exclamation A suggestion re too many "try again" responses

I encountered this problem and although it seems illogical, found a solution that might increase the odds in your favour!

DO NOT accept the validation code that you see beside your email box.

Scroll through codes until you find one you like, such as WWWDO which I just used and got 15%.

Makes no sense but these things seldom do.

Please enjoy the discount codes posted below!

rm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

I'm in the same boat. Been using 4 email accounts, always getting 10%-20% off. Today I get 4 "try again". Maybe tomorrow I'll get 4 free flights.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Can someone please PM me a 20% code as I seem to get a try again. I'd rather not use a code posted above as someone else might have already used it. Please and Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vernonc
Can someone please PM me a 20% code as I seem to get a try again. I'd rather not use a code posted above as someone else might have already used it. Please and Thanks
Uhhh you can just try it. It will tell you immediately if used. Not too many people booking Tango around here I suspect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.