Wiki Posts
Search

AC - Tango attempts to undercut HP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2002, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
AC - Tango attempts to undercut HP

Interesting how YYZ-LAS will commence the same day as HP's new non-stop full service flight.

-------------
Tango by Air Canada announces new non-stop service between Toronto - Las Vegas

Tango offers the only scheduled daily low fare service between Canada and the U.S.

September 26, 2002 - Tango takes to the skies this December with new daily non-stop flights between Toronto and Las Vegas, offering low fare, high value service to one of the U.S.'s most popular travel destinations. With new Toronto-Las Vegas service and recently announced Tango service to Florida, Tango offers the only scheduled daily low fare air service between destinations in Canada and the U.S.

Tango one way fares between Toronto-Las Vegas, which are available immediately, start as low as $204. Daily non-stop service commences December 26. Tango also offers convenient daily connecting flights from Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax, Saint John, Fredericton and St. John's to Las Vegas via Toronto.

Tango's exclusively electronic tickets are available for sale immediately at www.flytango.com, toll free at 1-800-315-1390 or through travel agents. Fares are reduced by $2.50 when booked on the Tango website.

The new Toronto-Las Vegas service will be operated with state-of-the-art, spacious Airbus A320 aircraft in a 159-seat one-class configuration offering the same comfortable thirty two inch seat pitch offered on most full service carriers and ample stowage space. Tango also offers a unique "all extras are optional" in-flight service including a menu selection of hot and cold snacks and refreshments, audio and video entertainment and advance seat selection, all at reasonable prices.

"Value-seeking travellers now have access to Tango's simple, low, unrestricted one way fares to Las Vegas when making their winter travel plans," said Ben Smith, Managing Director, Tango. "Tango customers also enjoy the opportunity to accumulate Aeroplan Miles and fly with the assurance of Air Canada's reputation for safe, reliable operations," he concluded.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
The last line is a pretty cheap shot (maybe I'm reading too much into it but it probably tangentially refers to HP and their intoxicated pilots), however I don't blame them for making the point - it's a tough business.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Just a side question, is Tange's 32 inch pitch the same as on the mainline A320 seats?
Old Sep 26, 2002, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Yes, these are the old CP A320s with only the front section changed from J to Y seating.

But is it advisable to visit Vegas on a one-way ticket?
Old Sep 26, 2002, 9:33 pm

What a coincident? I guess the mainline LAS-YYZ flights will be cancelled accordingly. Although HP is a full service airline, HP no longers serves full meals in Y cabin... only snack at certain hours. But at least, you will get a can of free soda.

I think HP is not targeting AC, but rather to fill in the gap left by the failure of Canada3000 and various leisure airlines.

But friendly competition is good.

Carfield
Old Sep 26, 2002, 9:36 pm
exAC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Yes, these are the old CP A320s with only the front section changed from J to Y seating.
</font>
I have been told that one 320 is an ex C3000 aircraft. It is sitting in YWG over by the cargo building. It is not liked at the station level because it does not have a containerized, automated baggage system and must be manually loaded.

Old Sep 26, 2002, 9:43 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by exAC:
I have been told that one 320 is an ex C3000 aircraft. It is sitting in YWG over by the cargo building.</font>
Actually C3000 first operated it... then Skyservice took over... now AC. It's been fully painted in Tango colors already. (Tail 417)

Old Sep 26, 2002, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
I saw a Tango B-737-200 parked at the United gates in PHX the other day. Have they started YVR-PHX service?
Old Sep 26, 2002, 10:06 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

No. It was probably the PHX-YVR or PHX-YYC flight. The aircraft is probably painted Tango but the inside has not yet been converted. There are a few of these out there.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 10:56 pm

I handle Air Canada in LAS.
Air Canada will continue to fly mainline with B767 on the DAY flights.
This flight carried cargo too and is popular with Business people.

The NIGHT flights will be operated by TANGO on A320 aircraft. I posted this a few weeks ago about the start up of 3November it is now being pushed back till December.
GlobeGround North America, the Handling agents in LAS will no longer be checking in on the Local Control Departure System.
GlobeGround Agents will be trained for 6 weeks on RES III, Air Canada's system , so for the Aeroplan members the FF will now be on the boarding passes. LAS will be a fully funtional Air Canada station.

LASBAGMAN
Old Sep 27, 2002, 7:48 am
msn

Given a choice between Air Canada and America West, I'm flying America West. Great service, great snacks, great seating, fantastic upgrade policy, great bonus offers, and fair pricing!
Old Sep 27, 2002, 1:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyingstudent:
Just a side question, is Tange's 32 inch pitch the same as on the mainline A320 seats?</font>
It's the same as the seat pitch in the rear of the A320 mainline cabin. It is better than the seat pitch in the front of the A320 mainline cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.