Double Aeroplan Miles Worldwide

Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Double Aeroplan Miles Worldwide

I haven't noticed a thread about this, if I missed it please re-direct me.

I got an "Altitude Report: Special Edition" email a couple days ago that references the following:

Earn double Aeroplan Miles worldwide
You may already be planning a trip somewhere in the world over the next months, so youll be happy to learn that for a limited time, youll earn double Aeroplan Miles for every round trip in Premium Economy, Business Class or Premium rouge. Hurry! Book by December 15, 2014 for travel between November 27, 2014 and May 1, 2015.

There's no link to register and it doesn't say when the eligible booking period starts. Coincidentally I actually booked a PE flight that falls within the travel period so hopefully I get some free miles.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC:50K
If you click on "continue reading" you end up at

http://altitude-offer.aircanada.com/...miles/register

In case anyone didn't get the email and was wondering, "Only the Air Canada Altitude member who is the recipient of this email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable." as usual.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cperciva
If you click on "continue reading" you end up at

http://altitude-offer.aircanada.com/...miles/register

In case anyone didn't get the email and was wondering, "Only the Air Canada Altitude member who is the recipient of this email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable." as usual.
Thanks! I got the email and didn't get that far. I am now registered!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:24 am

Whose shoes do one need to shine and axxex to kiss in order to get this offer?

I hate this kind of discriminating offer. It should not be allowed.

It all goes back to "who you know at AC".
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
or perhaps how much (or little) you flew at AC in 2014 so far....

Both myself and Mrs QQ got the offer.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
There was the same conversation back in Aug-Sept when the targeted 75%AQM promo went out. Some member complained they were not targeted (despite their AC status and spend, or in spite of their status and spend).

I received The Altitude Report with the DBL bonus (non-AQM) miles only for flights in Premium Economy and up. When I clicked "Continue Reading" it also automatically took me to the page with my # already there.

Did I receive it because I had more than 1 paid PY ticket this year?
Did I receive it because I bought a Lat B fare and eUp'd to J

Only those that manage these programs and lists know for sure.
I can only guess.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: *G
I received the email but lost interest when I read the usual condition:

"Bonus Aeroplan Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for new bookings only made between November 27, 2014 and December 15, 2014, for travel between November 27, 2014 and May 1, 2015."

So travel already booked, which I have in the required fare classes, does not qualify.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
With these kinds of "on Air Canada metal" bonuses, can you get it if your itinerary includes non-AC (codeshare or not) flights? IE, would YYZ-YVR-NRT on AC connecting to NRT-ICN on OZ be eligible for the double Aeroplan miles (although obviously with the double only on YYZ-YVR-NRT, and not NRT-ICN.)
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by Clipper801
It all goes back to "who you know at AC".
There's definitely no one I know at AC. The only guess I'd have is it relating to prior travels.

I didn't have any paid premium transoceanic travel in 2014, just a whole lot of Tango short hops. I haven't paid for AC J TATL since 2011, but AC would have knowledge of paid TATL & TPAC J in 2013.

While I might not be a super frequent premium flyer, there is at least some reason to incent me to bring incremental business to them. That said, these promotions don't do much since any benefit I get from them is pure accident. The roll-out of PE in AC's fleet though certainly is going to get me flying more so including PE in this kind of promo is nice if/when I happen to be eligible.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
would YYZ-YVR-NRT on AC connecting to NRT-ICN on OZ be eligible for the double Aeroplan miles (although obviously with the double only on YYZ-YVR-NRT, and not NRT-ICN.)
That's the way it has always worked in the past and I doubt it will be any different this time.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I got the offer and assume it was because I signed up for the altitude community thing.

I did book a PE a few days before this offer came out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.