AC Business Class Lounge in HKG

Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
AC Business Class Lounge in HKG

Who does AC use for Business Class Lounge in HKG. I know can use Singapore, just wondering if that is close to AC gates or another Club is better.

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:56 pm

There's a good discussion of the pros and cons of the lounges at HKG here:
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Depending on where you are connecting to, SQ's lounge is way at the end (from where AC flies from)

I was just there last week. Was very underwhelmed by the SQ lounge. No windows, unimpressed with the food choices, just a 'blah' lounge. Especially after the renovation.

The Thai lounge is nice, bright open but very humid. I didn't have a chance to check out the UA Lounge but apparently it is one of the best in the network.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
I've never tried the SQ lounge at HKG since it hasn't been close to my gate. Between UA and TG lounges I preferred TG, but you can try one then hope next door to try the other and decide for yourself.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Who does AC use for Business Class Lounge in HKG. I know can use Singapore, just wondering if that is close to AC gates or another Club is better.

Thanks
United Club is the best *A lounge in Hong Kong.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:37 am

Location: YYC; would like to return to living in SIN (or PER)
Programs: SQ KF, QFF
Originally Posted by hermanc
Having tried all three (admittedly before the SQ remodel), I'd disagree.

My ranking: TG first, then SQ if you prefer better food / drinks over showering / natural light, UA otherwise.

TB-ES
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by The Blue-Eyed Sheikh
Having tried all three (admittedly before the SQ remodel), I'd disagree.

My ranking: TG first, then SQ if you prefer better food / drinks over showering / natural light, UA otherwise.

TB-ES
TG first is not a J lounge which OP is asking for - J lounge that's close to the AC gate. Yes SQ has better food but it is way at the other end of the terminal...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
When I checked in @ HKG for AC16 earlier this month, the agent explicitly directed me to the TG lounge. I have been to the UA lounge before which of course one can access through *A. I thought the lounges much of a muchness tbh.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 am

I remember I liked TG over UA, I think SQ was closed when I was there.

Here's my short vid of TG
http://youtu.be/fdr1uIEggbs?t=3m33s
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
All three lounges are STARGold: TG, SQ and UA. As such any STARGold elite or business class passenger can use any of them. All three have First Class areas which have restricted access.

As noted, UA and TG are closest to the gates used by AC and those airlines, and BR. They are of open air design overlooking the gate area. SQ, NH, LH and OZ gate in other parts of the terminal so the SQ lounge is more convenient. However, the lounge is in the main terminal internal area and thus has no windows nor open space. Haven't been to the newly renovated SQ lounge, and while it is not overly impressive, I thought the buffet was rather more extensive than either at TG or UA.

Was in the UA lounge twice last week and it's always crowded with few open seats given the number of flights it serves at peak times. I find the TG lounge more relaxing and less crowded -- particularly the first class section -- though the bar and buffet are somewhat limited...unless you like dim sum.

For those with PriorityPass or the regular Canadian AmexPlatinum, there are two Plaza Premium lounges in the same area as the UA and TG lounges. One has a fair range of themed buffets, while the other is more of a resting spot with showers and sleep areas. There is a general area as well as a quieter section used as a first class lounge by several airlines.

Note that if you plan to charge your various devices you'll need a UK style plug converter to use our NAmerican plugs. And don't bother taking a bottle of water with you to the gate when boarding as there's a secondary security check of bags to ensure such liquids don't get onto the plane!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by Shareholder
All three lounges are STARGold: TG, SQ and UA. As such any STARGold elite or business class passenger can use any of them.
BR J lets you in the VS lounge too
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by hermanc
I prefer the TG lounge unless wanting to use showers. UA food is crap.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by Dorian
I prefer the TG lounge unless wanting to use showers. UA food is crap.
Was just in the UA lounge earlier this week, and the make-your-own taco station, which I never liked and seems to be generally unappreciated, has been replaced by a make-your-own noodle soup station with a broth and shredden chicken breast, rice vermicelli, and a handful of varietries of vegetable matter including fried garlic, spring onions, Chinese coriander and celery, and some others.

Still not great, but it's much more on-point for what I like in lounge food, and a much better option than its predecessor.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
When I checked in @ HKG for AC16 earlier this month, the agent explicitly directed me to the TG lounge. I have been to the UA lounge before which of course one can access through *A. I thought the lounges much of a muchness tbh.
Airport Express checkin agents provided directions (well, gate numbers) for TG and UA written on the back of my boarding pass. No mention of SQ. I know it's there, but I thought it was still under renovations, so I didn't visit.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
TG - Good
UA - Bad

Nothing else to say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.