FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Booking Class Availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1626098-ac-booking-class-availability.html)

danapop Nov 4, 2014 1:02 pm

AC Booking Class Availability

Hi All,

Is there a free tool to check booking class availability now that fightstats has removed this feature?

Ben Lipsey Nov 4, 2014 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by danapop (Post 23791324)
Hi All,

Is there a free tool to check booking class availability now that fightstats has removed this feature?

Not free, but KVS or ExpertFlyer are probably the two most widely known tools.

superangrypenguin Nov 4, 2014 1:48 pm

+1 KVS

agjil Nov 4, 2014 1:50 pm

There are no more free tools for checking fare class availability.

Argonaut1000 Nov 4, 2014 1:50 pm

ExpertFlyer is browser based so works easily on MACs/ PCs and also has an IOS App.

Sean Peever Nov 4, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000 (Post 23791623)
ExpertFlyer is browser based so works easily on MACs/ PCs and also has an IOS App.

Their mobile site when you use a phone is always very good for this. Better than the app IMO.

Argonaut1000 Nov 4, 2014 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 23791636)
Their mobile site when you use a phone is always very good for this. Better than the app IMO.

Actually that is what I use - looks like an app :)

King Chung Huang Nov 4, 2014 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 23791636)

ExpertFlyer has a mobile site? :eek: I wonder why I've never seen it. I'm always struggling with zooming in and out on the full site on my iPhone.

yqtyyz Nov 4, 2014 2:03 pm

hmm, mine always goes to mobile mode right away. Sometimes I have to enable the full site to access some of the other features more easily.

Sean Peever Nov 4, 2014 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 23791700)
ExpertFlyer has a mobile site? :eek: I wonder why I've never seen it. I'm always struggling with zooming in and out on the full site on my iPhone.

Check your browser settings! lol. Yes, and the mobile site is great for 95% of what you need on the go. If you are using chrome mobile on iPhone you can always request the desktop site if needed.

PreferBulkhead Nov 4, 2014 2:26 pm

... and at last EF does not screen scrape list KVS does! Read the ongoing KVS thread before 'contributing' to their cause :rolleyes:

danapop Nov 4, 2014 2:33 pm

OK Thanks. I will re-activate my EF membership. I only used it for fare buckets and cancelled when flightstats was free. But alas...

PreferBulkhead Nov 4, 2014 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by danapop (Post 23791860)
OK Thanks. I will re-activate my EF membership. I only used it for fare buckets and cancelled when flightstats was free. But alas...

Depending on how much you use EF, they do have a monthly membership which does not auto-renew I think the EF dude said... so if you do not use if for a month you do not get charged I think...

canadiancow Nov 4, 2014 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 23791877)
Depending on how much you use EF, they do have a monthly membership which does not auto-renew I think the EF dude said... so if you do not use if for a month you do not get charged I think...

It auto-renews.

PreferBulkhead Nov 4, 2014 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 23793046)
It auto-renews.

I would check that.. as the EF chat on FT specifically said IIRC it did not autorenew.