Wasted eUpgrades?

Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Wasted eUpgrades?

My company travel policies won't reimburse upgrade fees, meaning that I get to fly around the world in Y all the time (Flex is fine). This year, I just realized that I have 30 eUpgrade credits that are likely to go to waste and expire on Feb 28th 2015.

I am no expert in the Altitude program and haven't found a way to use them without having to co-pay for an upgrade. Am I missing something? i.e. is there any way to use credits without co-paying, being an E35K flyer?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jasdou
My company travel policies won't reimburse upgrade fees, meaning that I get to fly around the world in Y all the time (Flex is fine). This year, I just realized that I have 30 eUpgrade credits that are likely to go to waste and expire on Feb 28th 2015.

I am no expert in the Altitude program and haven't found a way to use them without having to co-pay for an upgrade. Am I missing something? i.e. is there any way to use credits without co-paying, being an E35K flyer?
Fly domestic? Copay is for intl flights
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:41 pm

From AC's website:

eUpgrade add-ons do NOT apply to both:

1. Altitude members travelling on a Latitude or Premium Economy (flexible) fare
2. Travel within Canada, or between Canada and the United States or Sun destinations.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
That's the thing, I don't fly domestic much. All of my travels are to Europe or South America. Based out of Quebec City, the only domestic flying I do is YQB-YUL or YQB-YYZ for international connections and these flights don't have a J cabin.

Oh and I am not allowed to buy Latitude or PE fares... so I guess these eUpgrade credits are going down the drain in Feb!

Thanks for the input.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jasdou
That's the thing, I don't fly domestic much. All of my travels are to Europe or South America. Based out of Quebec City, the only domestic flying I do is YQB-YUL or YQB-YYZ for international connections and these flights don't have a J cabin.

Oh and I am not allowed to buy Latitude or PE fares... so I guess these eUpgrade credits are going down the drain in Feb!

Thanks for the input.

Well, you can always use them for a personal trip or do what other members do, offer them to others who can use them

Here is the last page of the thread where members ask for or post eUp credits they need or can't use

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...redits-32.html
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:10 pm
alc

Originally Posted by 24left
Here is the last page of the thread where members ask for or post eUp credits they need or can't use

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...redits-32.html
OP state having E35K, so no nominee slot to share. Or maybe I miss-understood your comment above.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by alc
OP state having E35K, so no nominee slot to share. Or maybe I miss-understood your comment above.

I thought he/she meant that he had eUp credits that he could not use due to the type of tickets he had to fly for biz

My bad if I misunderstood

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.