Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada introduces zoned boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
See new thread for zoned boarding from 2020 onwards.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada introduces zoned boarding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I just re-read this. Wow, now CC holders and E35K's board WITH *G and 75K's. *shakes head*. Andrew - will you be open to fine tuning this? Why not stick the 35K's and CC holders in Zone 3? Or even better yank priority boarding from 35K's since *S can't priority board....
Perhaps that cuts the priority groups into two groups of roughly 30 each? Which is a significant improvement on one group of 60?

You really don't want more than five groups total. That way, you get three groups of non-priority.

If you remove priority boarding from the 25 and 35k, what "benefit" is left for them?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
I just re-read this. Wow, now CC holders and E35K's board WITH *G and 75K's. *shakes head*. Andrew - will you be open to fine tuning this? Why not stick the 35K's and CC holders in Zone 3? Or even better yank priority boarding from 35K's since *S can't priority board....
Perhaps that cuts the priority groups into two groups of roughly 30 each? Which is a significant improvement on one group of 60?

You really don't want more than five groups total. That way, you get three groups of non-priority.

If you remove priority boarding from the 25 and 35k, what "benefit" is left for them?
25 and 35k are hardly FFs IMO. That's like 2-3 Asia trips and 5-6 Europe trips. That's not a frequent flyer and should only get some minimal benefits.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
25 and 35k are hardly FFs IMO. That's like 2-3 Asia trips and 5-6 Europe trips. That's not a frequent flyer and should only get some minimal benefits.
+1.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

I know it's because I am a 75K, so i'm biased, but United at least puts the 75K's with the 100,000 miles / year boarding group.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They already board with everyone. The only difference is that now some people have extra priority.

But I'd still like a way to board before J so that I can guarantee bin space on the E90
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know it's because I am a 75K, so i'm biased, but United at least puts the 75K's with the 100,000 miles / year boarding group.
While there are surely more E35 and P25, they don't travel as much. So maybe they don't add up to so many?

Plus many of them won't fly AC next year.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

While there are surely more E35 and P25, they don't travel as much. So maybe they don't add up to so many?

Plus many of them won't fly AC next year.
Good point Well maybe they'll fly next year to burn up the eUps and then for CY 2016 it'll be less...
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Totally agree. Same with the 50K and 75Ks. The former only flies half as much as I do, and the latter only 75%
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Wow. What about a Zone 0 (with Pilots and Crew) for those who camp out at airports and/or circumnavigate the world to get from YOW to YYZ? True FFs for sure.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Lllahim
Wow. What about a Zone 0 (with Pilots and Crew) for those who camp out at airports and/or circumnavigate the world to get from YOW to YYZ? True FFs for sure.

Well, there was this post by Dorian.

Quite frankly, I'd put Mr. Cow and Drunk Cargo not in Zone 0, but ahead of everyone else for their "circumnavigating" adventure for EYW.
I.M.H.O.

Originally Posted by Dorian
Mine:

- Zone 1: CR
- Zone 2: no one (aka: red herring zone)
- Zone 3: AC Maintenance
- Zone 4: AC employees
- Zone 5: AC employee's friends and family
- Zone 6: there is no zone 3, zone 1 and 2 members are still getting settled
- Zone 7: Paid J
- Zone 8: Y and *G
- Zone 9: any Altitude member
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Lllahim
Pilots and crew and super elites
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Quite frankly, I'd put Mr. Cow and Drunk Cargo not in Zone 0, but ahead of everyone else for their "circumnavigating" adventure for EYW.
I.M.H.O.
+1

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Nov 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
E35 shouldn't even be a status tier. Who do these people think they are, expecting to rank among the SEs and E75s? 35 segments in a year is really the same as flying once a year to Florida. They should know their place, which is with the gate lice. What disgusting vermin.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by i59bravo
E35 shouldn't even be a status tier. Who do these people think they are, expecting to rank among the SEs and E75s? 35 segments in a year is really the same as flying once a year to Florida. They should know their place, which is with the gate lice. What disgusting vermin.

LOL
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by i59bravo
Secretly, I actually do think that. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.