Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:53 am

Long time lurker finally posting a mRTW!

YYC -- YYZ AC J 767
YYZ -- BOS AC J E75
BOS -- CPH SK J 333 STOP

CPH -- CAI MS J 738
CAI -- DXB MS J 333 STOP

DXB -- SIN SQ Y 777
SIN -- PER SQ Y 333 DEST

PER -- SIN SQ J 333
SIN -- TPE BR J 777
TPE -- LAX BR J 777
LAX -- SAN UA Y E7X
SAN -- YVR AC J CR9
YVR -- YYC AC J 319

Total points = 160k Aeroplan (each). Total fees = $350.13 (each)

We'll try to upgrade the SQ flights closer to departure. Fingers crossed here!

We had to take a bit of a round about way back from LAX to YYC but there was next to no award availability (Y or J) back on our desired dates. Outbound, we really wanted to fly the Scandinavian A330. We weren't originally going to CPH but it was either this or fly Egypt Air direct to CAI (TK flights were down when we booked this). Our return leg was planned around trying to fly both SIN and EVA metal.

Very excited for this trip and if any of you have thoughts or tips (e.g. what to see, lounges to hit up, etc.), we would love to hear them!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I am wondering if the below route would be valid:

YVR-TPE BR J
TPE-HAN BR J STOP
HAN-SIN SQ J
SIN-MEL SQ J STOP
MEL-SIN SQ J
SIN-SGN SQ J STOP
SGN-PEK CA J
PEK-YVR CA J

I know that if I take off the SGN STOP, it will be valid, thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ladymama
I am wondering if the below route would be valid:

YVR-TPE BR J
TPE-HAN BR J STOP
HAN-SIN SQ J
SIN-MEL SQ J STOP
MEL-SIN SQ J
SIN-SGN SQ J STOP
SGN-PEK CA J
PEK-YVR CA J

I know that if I take off the SGN STOP, it will be valid, thanks!
Looks valid based on the MPM listed in this thread: Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)

You can always re-check the MPM yourself.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:00 pm

Alright you beauties, I've been researching my first mini RTW and think I've got it down. If someone can give this a thumbs up or down that'd be awesome:

YYZ-CAI
CAI-DBX - STOP
DBX-DEL
DEL-HKG - STOP
HKG-TPE
TPE-MNL
MNL-ROR - DEST
ROR-MNL
MNL-TPE
TPE-YYZ

ROR seems to allow 13796 and getting there is about 500 km under. Back home is way under. I hit MNL twice, but either side of my destination. Unless I'm missing something I think I'm good. The only thing I was wondering about was the DBX to DEL, on aeroplan it says it can be booked as a one way for some reason. Is this an IT issue or applicable only to true one ways? Will it be fine when I call in? THANKS!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by seankearns
Alright you beauties, I've been researching my first mini RTW and think I've got it down. If someone can give this a thumbs up or down that'd be awesome:

YYZ-CAI
CAI-DBX - STOP
DBX-DEL
DEL-HKG - STOP
HKG-TPE
TPE-MNL
MNL-ROR - DEST
ROR-MNL
MNL-TPE
TPE-YYZ

ROR seems to allow 13796 and getting there is about 500 km under. Back home is way under. I hit MNL twice, but either side of my destination. Unless I'm missing something I think I'm good. The only thing I was wondering about was the DBX to DEL, on aeroplan it says it can be booked as a one way for some reason. Is this an IT issue or applicable only to true one ways? Will it be fine when I call in? THANKS!
Looks OK to me, but really the only way to really find out is to call in and try to book it. Make sure you give exact dates and segments. Don't let them do it for you.

PS-is this Y or J and if that Egypt Air, it's a dry airline.....may matter or not...
seankearns likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 25k
After a lot of scrambling due to a late vacation approval, booked this itinerary this morning for departure next week

YYJ -- YVR AC X Q400
YVR -- SEA AC X Q400
SEA -- SFO UA J 738
SFO -- ZRH LX J 77W
ZRH -- MAD LX J E90 - STOP

MAD -- IST TK J 333 DEST

IST -- MXP TK J 332
MXP -- ZRH LX J CS3 - STOP

ZRH -- YUL LX J 333
YUL -- YYC AC J A320
YYC-- YVR AC J A319
YVR -- YYJ AC X Q400

Total is 230,000 aeroplan + $270 fees +$30 booking (2 people)

Got lucky on the SFO -ZRH leg as the seats opened up last night just after midnight. Saved an ugly transit going thru EWR to JFK
Now to book everything else!

Last edited by hogdogz; Mar 5, 2019 at 2:30 pm Reason: couple spelling mistakes
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by hogdogz
After a lot of scrambling due to a late vacation approval, booked this itinerary this morning for departure next week

YYJ -- YVR AC X Q400
YVR -- SEA AC X Q400
SEA -- SFO UA J 738
SFO -- ZRH LX J 77W
ZRH -- MAD LZ J E90 - STOP

MAD -- IST TK J 333 DEST

IST -- MXP TK J 332

ZRH -- YUL LX J 333
YUL -- YYC AC J A320
YYC-- YVR AC J A319
YVR -- YYJ AC J Q400

Got lucky on the SFO -ZRH leg as the seats opened up last night just after midnight. Saved an ugly transit going thru EWR to JFK
That's a pretty awesome booking, especially for being so last minute!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

YYJ -- YVR AC X Q400
YVR -- SEA AC X Q400
SEA -- SFO UA J 738
SFO -- ZRH LX J 77W
ZRH -- MAD LZ J E90 - STOP

MAD -- IST TK J 333 DEST

IST -- MXP TK J 332

ZRH -- YUL LX J 333
YUL -- YYC AC J A320
YYC-- YVR AC J A319
YVR -- YYJ AC J Q400

Very nice - well done!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:20 pm

YYJ -- YVR AC X Q400
YVR -- SEA AC X Q400
SEA -- SFO UA J 738
SFO -- ZRH LX J 77W
ZRH -- MAD LX J E90 - STOP

MAD -- IST TK J 333 DEST

IST -- MXP TK J 332

ZRH -- YUL LX J 333
YUL -- YYC AC J A320
YYC-- YVR AC J A319
YVR -- YYJ AC X Q400

Impressive for last minute! I cant find ANY LX J availability for July/August on any route!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by aleks77
Impressive for last minute! I cant find ANY LX J availability for July/August on any route!
I know it's super last minute to book but I found 2x seats opened up 6-8 days before departure on almost all LX routes out of NA. The only route that had availability at the 2 week mark was JFK-ZRH probably due to the lack of incoming *A flights from NA.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: SE 100K
I know it's super last minute to book but I found 2x seats opened up 6-8 days before departure on almost all LX routes out of NA. The only route that had availability at the 2 week mark was JFK-ZRH probably due to the lack of incoming *A flights from NA.
Just to clarify - you booked the whole thing, and this particular segment was in Y initially?

Did you then just call in every day to inquire re: J availability, or Expert Flyer notification or something?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Just to clarify - you booked the whole thing, and this particular segment was in Y initially?

Did you then just call in every day to inquire re: J availability, or Expert Flyer notification or something?
I did the research on aeroplan and expertflyer and booked the whole thing 1 week yesterday. No last minute jump to J.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:22 pm

YYZ-BOS AC J
BOS-LIS TP J (new A330 cabin !)
LIS-AGP TP Y stop
AGP-ZRH LX J
ZRH-FRA LX J
FRA-BKK TG F (A380) stop
BKK-SYD TG F (747) p.o.t
SYD-BKK TG F (747) 8 hrs in FC Lounge
BKK-PEK TG J
PEK-IAH CA F (12h in Forbidden Pavilion)
IAH-DFW UA Y
DFW-YYZ AC J

220k points
365$ tax + 113$ Change Fee

Was a challenge trying to maximize F redemption
During my search an odd seat would pop up on NH or OZ but it was quickly gone before i could build an itinerary around it
I was going to hold out for last-minute LH but bit the bullet on CA instead
I know its all TG in F with the above exception
But I believe they still serve Dom...
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CA F is so NOT worth it.

We flew the same route opposite direction. We were the only 2 passengers in the F cabin. They did not load the F meals. FA told me she would not be bothered to give us the menu as there was no meals loaded. They sourced some meals from I believe Coach, not even from business, based on the looks and taste of them. 3 varieties, 4 dishes, Awful experience no wonder availability was wide open even with the rush to beat UA devaluation.

TG is fine in most ways as long as you dont get one of the doz "Princess" on your flight.

Flew BKK-CDG, and SYD-BKK before. I think you have much less chance to encounter the Thai "princess" gets on the BKK-FRA than the BKK-CDG (they go shopping), and then affects the whole cabin because one of the two lava at the front (A380) would then be blocked for her exclusive use, with her entourage congregate at the void space where other airlines used for a lounge.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
CA F is so NOT worth it.

We flew the same route opposite direction. We were the only 2 passengers in the F cabin. They did not load the F meals. FA told me she would not be bothered to give us the menu as there was no meals loaded. They sourced some meals from I believe Coach, not even from business, based on the looks and taste of them. 3 varieties, 4 dishes, Awful experience no wonder availability was wide open even with the rush to beat UA devaluation.

TG is fine in most ways as long as you dont get one of the doz "Princess" on your flight.

Flew BKK-CDG, and SYD-BKK before. I think you have much less chance to encounter the Thai "princess" gets on the BKK-FRA than the BKK-CDG (they go shopping), and then affects the whole cabin because one of the two lava at the front (A380) would then be blocked for her exclusive use, with her entourage congregate at the void space where other airlines used for a lounge.
Wow Happy - thx for all the encouraging words for a trip I am very much looking forward to
During my research - in addition to what you went thru, I did come across some trip reports with a positive experience in CA F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.