Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by emustyle
I could be wrong (high chance! ) But is the stop at TPE and the Outbound ORD-TPE-HKG considered a backtrack? Would that be the reason?
I don't think so, they verified that HKG from YYZ is farthest point, so each way of transit/stop at TPE is valid.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by kpyuen2000
I don't think so, they verified that HKG from YYZ is farthest point, so each way of transit/stop at TPE is valid.
I helped a friend book YYZ-MEL, but the agent insisted that a stopover in ZQN (Queenstown, NZ) wouldn't validate, and claimed that ZQN was the POT. I said that MEL is farther than ZQN, and I have a webtool (gcmap) that shows it is farther from YYZ than ZQN. Agent paused and looked at something else on the side (maybe gcmap, or something equivalent) and said yes, MEL is the destination but the system still won't validate it. I insisted she try again, and once more it would not validate. But I must have been very convincing, so instead of telling me to go away she said she would have to consult with ticketing. She put me on a long hold (20 minutes) and came back to say it would book after all, but she would not have been able to do it on her own.

So, I don't know why their system wouldn't validate it at the onset. Maybe the same 'glitch' convinced your rep that your original itinerary was invalid. I have to agree with others, that it definitely looks like it should have validated. Is it a sign that this could be the beginning of 'the end'?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Asia mini round trip

Here's a valid itinerary for Asia. I've booked it this year.

YUL-ZRH-BOM LX J
BOM-DEL AI J (Stop)
DEL-SIN SQ J
SIN-BKK SQ J (Destination)
BKK-HKG TG J
HKG-TPE BR J
TPE-PVG CA J
PVG-PEK CA Y (Stop)
PEK-ZRH-YUL LX J

Total: 16 days, 9 countries, 231$ per passenger, 300k aeroplan points.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AC
Routing allowed?

So i have been following this thread trying to figure out if a routing is permitted.

years ago I did:

yyz - lax AC J
lax - fra LH F
fra - bru LH J

the more i read the more i think that is over mpm...

i would like to book

yul - sfo AC J
sfo - zrh LX J
zrh - vce Lx J stop 1
vce - vie OS J
vie - lhr OS J stop 2
lhr - zrh lx J
zrh - yul lx J

can anyone help me out and tell me if this is a valid routing that i can book with an agent?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: aeroplan
replied to routing allowed ?

Originally Posted by canforce
So i have been following this thread trying to figure out if a routing is permitted.

years ago I did:

yyz - lax AC J
lax - fra LH F
fra - bru LH J

i would like to book

yul - sfo AC J
sfo - zrh LX J
zrh - vce Lx J stop 1
vce - vie OS J
vie - lhr OS J stop 2
lhr - zrh lx J
zrh - yul lx J

can anyone help me out and tell me if this is a valid routing that i can book with an agent?

Hi ! I've checked a little bit your routing and I don't think it's working. Your destination seems to be VIE and the MPM allowed between YUL-VIE is around 4027mi. All your trip until destination is 8874mi. Your stop at SFO pull you away from the rest of the stops. Since the MPM between europeans citys is low, I would recommand to find a city in Europe that is a bit far away to increase your margin of maneuver.
Use this website : gcmap.com.

Good luck !
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: *void
yul-sfo-zrh-vce,vce-vie-lhr-zrh,yul

Originally Posted by canforce

years ago I did:

yyz - lax AC J
lax - fra LH F
fra - bru LH J

i would like to book

yul - sfo AC J
sfo - zrh LX J
zrh - vce Lx J stop 1
vce - vie OS J
vie - lhr OS J stop 2
lhr - zrh lx J
zrh - yul lx J

You should be asking for help in one of the other mini-RTW threads, so there's less clutter in here, where it is meant to be a list of valid itineraries.
Try this thread next time: Mini RTW Questions

Anyways, your stops are VCE and LHR, but since VCE is farther from YUL than LHR, then VCE is your destination/POT.
YUL - VCE has mpm of ~6729 miles

Your inbound is fine (5291 miles), but your outbound (yul-sfo-zrh-vce) is too much, at 8605 miles.

You probably have a 'want' to go to SFO, instead of going directly from YUL-ZRH, before heading to VCE, but as you can see it's pulling you way over the mpm allowed. You won't be able to book this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:08 am

Does anyone know if I choose open-jaw, does the distance between 2 open-jaw cities count towards MPM or not......?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:08 am

Just booked the following:

YYZ-YUL
YUL-ZRH
ZRH-FLR (Stop)
FLR-FRA
FRA-SIN (Destination)
SIN-ICN
ICN-NRT (Stop)
NRT-TPE
TPE-YYZ

About $500 and 90,000 points. I have about a day to explore in both ICN and TPE.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by tonywush
Does anyone know if I choose open-jaw, does the distance between 2 open-jaw cities count towards MPM or not......?
Yes, it does.
tonywush likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Finally booked my first mini RTW for Feb/March 2019 (All in J)

YUL-NRT (Stop)
NRT-ICN
ICN-SIN (Stop)
SIN-MEL (Destination/Open Jaw)
SYD-PEK
PEK-YYZ
YYZ-YUL

Scam charges of a bit over 1,000 CAD. I tried to avoid them, but I just could not find another way to come back to Montreal, so I had to bite the bullet and go through AirChina which more than half of the charges.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Fa Hz

YUL-NRT (Stop)
NRT-ICN
ICN-SIN (Stop)
SYD-PEK
PEK-YYZ
YYZ-YUL

Scam charges of a bit over 1,000 CAD. I tried to avoid them, but I just could not find another way to come back to Montreal, so I had to bite the bullet and go through AirChina which more than half of the charges.
Interesting -- how did you manage to have 2 stops and an open jaw? Is one of your stops less than 24 hrs?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:24 am

Wanted to book a true Mini-RTW but ended up with more of an Asian Pacific Rim swing, due to rapidly disappearing award seats as folks are burning up their points. Either way, getting to SIN via IST and DXB isn't that much different than what I got:.

YYZ - TPE, BR J
TPE - SIN, BR J
SIN - PER, SQ J (destination)
PER - SIN, SQ J
SIN - HKG, SQ J (stop)
HKG - KIX, AI J
KIX - HND, NH Y (a Rapidair-like hop) (stop)
HND - ICN, OZ J
ICN - TPE, OZ J
TPE - YYZ, BR J

Total charges $388 p.p. (plus the AE booking fee), due mainly to NH and OZ charging YQ but they were the only option.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Booked

YYZ-LAX AC J
LAX-ICN OZ J (Stop)
ICN-SIN SQ J (Stop)
SIN-BKK TG J
BKK-DXB TG J (Stop)
DXB-YYZ AC J

310K points 2 People $353 each in Tax, was actually surprised it was that high, currently AC SE.

Last edited by NB_Falcon; Jun 28, 2018 at 6:40 pm Reason: Forgot to add point total
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by ciana
Interesting -- how did you manage to have 2 stops and an open jaw? Is one of your stops less than 24 hrs?
My 2 stops are definitely more than 24 hours, i stay on each stop for about 5 days.

I wasn't sure if this was possible either, the agent also wasn't sure, so she double checked but she said it was okay at the end.
The open jaw is the destination, or point of return. I remember reading somewhere that this was okay, but can't find the post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Fa Hz

YUL-NRT (Stop)
NRT-ICN
ICN-SIN (Stop)
SYD-PEK
PEK-YYZ
YYZ-YUL

No scam charges on Air China, so unless you meant Air Canada...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.