Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Japan forbids collecting YQ to/from if Japan is either a stopover or a destination. So you having a stopover at KIX forbids AC from charging you ridiculous amounts for the KIX-YVR segment
Does this mean if I can find an AC YYZ-HND (stopover) flight it should have very low taxes/fees? I have heard this before but have never seen it in action.

EDIT: Just tried the following on the website with multi-city and all yielded ~$320-360 total fees for 1 passenger (mixed J/Y for testing but this shouldn't matter much). BR should not contribute much to the taxes. Not sure how total fees can be ~$129. They all have a stop in HND for >24 hours.

$320
yyz-tpe-bkk BR
bkk-hnd TG
hnd-yyz AC

$340
yyz-hnd AC
hnd-bkk TG
bkk-tpe-yyz BR

$360
yyz-hnd AC
hnd-yyz AC

Last edited by cennis; Aug 26, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Last one before the buzzer

All J

YWG-YUL AC
YUL-ZRH LX a330
ZRH-CPH LX STOP

CPH-PEK SK a340
PEK-SIN CA 787
SIN-PER SQ 787-10 POT

PER-SIN SQ 787-10
SIN-TPE BR 777 STOP

TPE-ORD BR777 (this was the segment I really searched far and wide for TPE to any NA destination and none to NY but Chicago was the lucky place) - requires overnight layover but 110% worth it
ORD-YYZ AC
YYZ-YWG AC

160000 miles x 2
Fees $400 per person + 31.50 booking charge per person.

I AM SO EXCITED

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Aug 26, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by cennis
Does this mean if I can find an AC YYZ-HND (stopover) flight it should have very low taxes/fees? I have heard this before but have never seen it in action.

EDIT: Just tried the following on the website with multi-city and all yielded ~$320-360 total fees for 1 passenger (mixed J/Y for testing but this shouldn't matter much). BR should not contribute much to the taxes. Not sure how total fees can be ~$129. They all have a stop in HND for >24 hours.

$320
yyz-tpe-bkk BR
bkk-hnd TG
hnd-yyz AC

$340
yyz-hnd AC
hnd-bkk TG
bkk-tpe-yyz BR

$360
yyz-hnd AC
hnd-yyz AC
Now compare that to taxes on an AC J roundtrip to anywhere else and you'll see it in action, since AC normally charges MUCH more YQ than BR - but not to Japan.

Which ones the remaining fees are you can see if you pull up a cash fare for the same itinerary on ITA.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Now compare that to taxes on an AC J roundtrip to anywhere else and you'll see it in action, since AC normally charges MUCH more YQ than BR - but not to Japan.

Which ones the remaining fees are you can see if you pull up a cash fare for the same itinerary on ITA.
For this lower YQ to work (Canada > Japan TPAC on AC J), you have to stop for > 24 hours in Japan, correct?
ie) YQ will be high if just having a layover rather than a stopover ?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
For this lower YQ to work (Canada > Japan TPAC on AC J), you have to stop for > 24 hours in Japan, correct?
ie) YQ will be high if just having a layover rather than a stopover ?
Only applies if it's a >24hr stopover (or the destination >24hrs).
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
The first time I called them last week, they said that too.

Then the second time I called them this week, they said they have received NO guidance and even went to double-check with their supervisor that they have not heard anything on whether changes will be allowed to bookings from pre-sep1st that retain the two stopovers.

so... yeah. I'm planning to do the same thing (book now, change later), but not sure...
A deal is a deal.

A representation by an agent at the time of booking is a term of the contract.

I've been provided with no terms and conditions to the contrary. The contract is now firm. I have a booking that includes a destination and two stopovers with the options and expense of making changes clearly explained to me in writing and by phone. If they want to rewrite the rules on future bookings then that's one thing but they cannot rewrite a contract once its paid for / tickets redeemed.

I have faith that Aeroplan will make the right decision on retroactive application . . . not because they want to but because if they don't then I will be inviting them to explain to the Ministry of Consumer Protection and Affairs why they think they would think they could violate the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 (Ontario) and why they should be exempt from a $250,000.00 fine. All of that is hypothetical, of course, because they haven't broken the rules. All that is to say they have the right incentive to treat existing bookings fairly.

If you book after, September 1, 2019, however, you're probably stuck. In that case the only thing that has forced Aeroplan to become more reasonable has been class action litigation.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
A deal is a deal.

I've been provided with no terms and conditions to the contrary. The contract is now firm. I have a booking that includes a destination and two stopovers with the options and expense of making changes clearly explained to me in writing and by phone. If they want to rewrite the rules on future bookings then that's one thing but they cannot rewrite a contract once its paid for / tickets redeemed.

I have faith that Aeroplan will make the right decision on retroactive application . . . not because they want to but because if they don't then I will be inviting them to explain to the Ministry of Consumer Protection and Affairs why they think they would think they could violate the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 (Ontario) and why they should be exempt from a $250,000.00 fine. All of that is hypothetical, of course, because they haven't broken the rules. All that is to say they have the right incentive to treat existing bookings fairly.

If you book after, September 1, 2019, however, you're probably stuck. In that case the only thing that has forced Aeroplan to become more reasonable has been class action litigation.
I think just to be safe (even though this really SHOULDN'T be necessary) I'm going to make my "dummy"-booking that I plan to change later have two stopovers amyway. That way when I call in in the future I don't have to go through the hassle of saying I want to add TWO stopovers because those were the rules when I booked the ticket - because I already have two stopovers I "only" want to change the dates of the segments. Hopefully that'll minimize the risk of AC going "You can't do that, if you want to change dates you need to get rid of one of your stopovers", which would suck big time because it'd mean the taxes&fees paid on the dummy booking are down the drain.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
A deal is a deal.

From my own experience, I believe what you said to be true. A few years ago, when Aeroplan reshuffled their award chart, I booked 2 business class tickets before the December 15 deadline, which about 10 months in advance for out trip (ICN - SIN). Of course, something came up and I had to change our schedules bit, but when I called in I never had to pay more miles than I had to when I had booked. Keep in mind that it went from 30K miles per ticket to 80K, so I was really glad I didn't have to pay the difference!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Booked for 2 (Jan 2020) YYC-MLE*

YYC-YYZ AC J
YYZ-TPE BR J
TPE-BKK TG J (stop 5 days)
BKK-MAA TG J (Destination*)

MAA-SIN SQ J (stop 3 days)
SIN-TPE SQ J
TPE-YYZ BR J
YYZ-YYC AC J

*I made a standalone booking MAA-CMB-MLE and back on UL in Y for around $150 per person. I could have tried and gone all the way in J with a few extra legs on AI but this made more sense in terms of travel time plus AI J isn't much to write home about anyway.
150K miles plus $189.82 X 2 all in.
Good times!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:08 am

Does anyone have experience with booking legs which include a stop? i.e. tpe-bkk-vie on BR is only searchable by tpe-vie, but there is an included stop at bkk. Does this count the distance between tpe-vie towards your mpm or does it count tpe-bkk-vie ( the difference is 1200 miles or so)
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone have experience with booking legs which include a stop? i.e. tpe-bkk-vie on BR is only searchable by tpe-vie, but there is an included stop at bkk. Does this count the distance between tpe-vie towards your mpm or does it count tpe-bkk-vie ( the difference is 1200 miles or so)
MPM is based on ticketed route and that route is ticketed TPE-VIE even with the BKK stop so you'd get the direct amount added to your travel distance.
cennis likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:51 am

Booked for May 2020

YYZ-TPE BR J
TPE-NGO BR J (STOP)
NGO-SIN SQ Y
SIN-MEL SQ J (DEST)
MEL-SIN SQ J
SIN-SGN SQ Y
SGN-TPE BR J
TPE-AMS BR J
AMS-ZRH LX J (STOP)
ZRH-YUL LX J
YUL-YTZ AC Y

160k miles + 302 fees pp + 33.90 booking fee

Last edited by cennis; Aug 30, 2019 at 11:08 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:58 am

booked for Jun 2020

YYZ-WAW LO J
WAW-VCE LO J
VCE-VIE OS J (STOP)
VIE-PRG OS J
PRG-ZRH LX J
ZRH-CDG LX J (STOP)
CDG-IST TK J
IST-ATH TK J (DEST)
ATH-IST TK J
IST-CAI TK J
CAI-YYZ MS J

115k miles + 383.06 fees pp + 33.90 booking fee
Indiavictorcharlie likes this.

Last edited by cennis; Aug 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Booked in May 2020

YYZ-TPE BR J
TPE-NGO BR J (STOP)
NGO-SIN SQ Y
SIN-MEL SQ J (DEST)
MEL-SIN SQ J
SIN-SGN SQ Y
SGN-TPE BR J
TPE-AMS BR J
AMS-ZRH LX J (STOP)
ZRH-YUL LX J
YUL-YTZ AC Y

160k miles + 302 fees pp + 33.90 booking fee
TPE-AMS? Is that a new BR route?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:06 am

booked for Jul 2019

YYZ-TPE BR J
TPE-SIN SQ J (DEST)
SIN-KIX SQ J
KIX-PEK CA J (STOP)
PEK-IST TK J
IST-ZRH TK J
ZRH-AMS LX J (STOP)
AMS-CPH SK J
CPH-EWR SK J
EWR-YYZ AC J

155k miles + 250 fees pp + 33.90 booking fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.