Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:12 pm

Flying at the start of Sept. 2019. 2 Pax,

YEG-YYZ AC J
YYZ-ORD AC J/Y split (Putting my wife in J myself in Y for reward availability on a short flight)
ORD-ZHR LX J
ZHR-IST TK J - Stop

IST-SIN TK J - POT

SIN-BKK TG J
BKK-KIX TG F (want to change to J, but couldn't find any seats yet to save points) Stop

KIX-YVR AC J
YVR-YEG AC J

Aside from the annoying TG F, I'm pretty happy.

I really wanted to fly NH if could but so far no seats opened up. I could bypass BKK and do SIN-CGK on SQ J then CGK-HND NH J but I can't find any HND/NRT returns to North Am currently in J, without it being something like HND-SFO in Y then SFO-YEG in J. Hoping to keep my fingers crossed as I really don't want to burn a ton of extra points for 5-6 hours of F.

Honestly my trip goals were to fly an A380 (currently the F TG route, so sadly that might go away) and experience TK J, also that annoying stuff between flights that my wife tells me is called "the actual vacation."

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Edit: $126.92 in fees somehow, I thought it be more withe AC J leg...but guess not?

Last edited by Vaguswarrior; Aug 22, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior
Flying at the start of Sept. 2019. 2 Pax,

YEG-YYZ AC J
YYZ-ORD AC J/Y split (Putting my wife in J myself in Y for reward availability on a short flight)
ORD-ZHR LX J
ZHR-IST TK J - Stop

IST-SIN TK J - POT

SIN-BKK TG J
BKK-KIX TG F (want to change to J, but couldn't find any seats yet to save points) Stop

KIX-YVR AC J
YVR-YEG AC J

Aside from the annoying TG F, I'm pretty happy.

I really wanted to fly NH if could but so far no seats opened up. I could bypass BKK and do SIN-CGK on SQ J then CGK-HND NH J but I can't find any HND/NRT returns to North Am currently in J, without it being something like HND-SFO in Y then SFO-YEG in J. Hoping to keep my fingers crossed as I really don't want to burn a ton of extra points for 5-6 hours of F.

Honestly my trip goals were to fly an A380 (currently the F TG route, so sadly that might go away) and experience TK J, also that annoying stuff between flights that my wife tells me is called "the actual vacation."

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Edit: $126.92 in fees somehow, I thought it be more withe AC J leg...but guess not?
Japan forbids collecting YQ to/from if Japan is either a stopover or a destination. So you having a stopover at KIX forbids AC from charging you ridiculous amounts for the KIX-YVR segment
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Japan forbids collecting YQ to/from if Japan is either a stopover or a destination. So you having a stopover at KIX forbids AC from charging you ridiculous amounts for the KIX-YVR segment
Well that's delightful news! I was so puzzled how the heck the YQ was so low!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior
Well that's delightful news! I was so puzzled how the heck the YQ was so low!
Just FYI, the same also applies to Australia, the Philippines and I believe Brazil.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

Booked my first (and probably last) mini-RTW, for next May. Initially wanted to book in J and visit Japan, Singapore and Bali, with some long layovers thrown in, but phantom availability had me going nuts.

Then I stumbled onto the fact that United makes regular runs through some of the islands in Micronesia, so decided to just focus on that for some unique diving.

SFO-HNL UA Y - 20h connection/overnight
HNL-PNI UA Y - stop
PNI-TKK UA Y - stop
TKK-GUM UA Y
GUM-MNL UA Y - 20h connection/overnight
MNL-SIN SQ Y - stop
SIN-ICN SQ Y - 9h connection /morning+afternoon
ICN-SFO UA Y
$121 CAD taxes/fees

Had the option to extend my ICN layover by 4 hours by flying OZ, but that would add $230 in taxes and fees, decided against that. The stop in SIN is a long one, plan to hop on a flight to either SUB or DPS and explore a bit of Indonesia while I'm down there.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
I've booked my first, and likely with the new changes coming September 1, last mini-RTW.

YYZ-TPE (BR - J) (2 hour connection)
TPE-SGN (BR - J)
-stop- [some paid local flights here]

SGN-SIN (SQ - J) (5.5 hour connection)
SIN-MLE (SQ - split J/Y with two in J and 1 in Y)
- stop / destination -

MLE - IST (TK - J)
- 13 hours in IST (intentional) -
IST - VIE (TK - J)
-stop-

VIE - YYZ (AC - J)

Taxes and fees (including booking fee) were a whopping $831 CAD per person.
The 'problem child' flight is solely the Air Canada flight representing about $600 of the cost.
I plan on keeping an eye out for better options and will pay the $100 change fee for a routing like: VIE-EWR-YYZ (UA-J) or VIE-WAW-YYZ (LO) to save $500 per person. We are three passengers so it was a bit harder to book this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
ITaxes and fees (including booking fee) were a whopping $831 CAD per person.
The 'problem child' flight is solely the Air Canada flight representing about $600 of the cost.
I plan on keeping an eye out for better options and will pay the $100 change fee for a routing like: VIE-EWR-YYZ (UA-J) or VIE-WAW-YYZ (LO) to save $500 per person. We are three passengers so it was a bit harder to book this.
Not sure what dates you need, there is ZRH-YUL available in J with LX for 3 on Sept. 19, Oct. 4, 8, 9, 10, 11. (i didn't search for any dates after 11th). ZRH-BOS on Oct 9.

VIE-ZRH is also served by LX (no YQ).

VIE-BRU-IAD-YYZ on SN-SN-UA is another option that appears to have some openings for 3.

Last edited by nnanlno; Aug 23, 2019 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by nnanlno
Not sure what dates you need, there is ZRH-YUL available in J with LX for 3 on Sept. 19, Oct. 4, 8, 9, 10, 11. (i didn't search for any dates after 11th). ZRH-BOS on Oct 9.

VIE-ZRH is also served by LX (no YQ).

VIE-BRU-IAD-YYZ on SN-SN-UA is another option that appears to have some openings for 3.
Thanks for the tips.

We're traveling this leg in August, 2020. LX and UA haven't posted availability. Neither has TAP (which the Aeroplan rep said is supposed to be charging YQ but isn't) Only LO, AC, and Lufthansa had options available but not for three passengers.

We were forced into the booking because on September 1 this itinerary won't be allowed (at least not with a stop in Europe).

So I'll wait and see. Maybe we'll get a refund later (fingers crossed) though be out the change fees.

The other barrier is that Ms. CanadianConnection really likes the idea of a direct flight on AC (we're traveling with a 6 year old also so number of flights matters). I'm going to have to convince her later that one connection is worth the apprx $1,500 in our pockets.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
We're traveling this leg in August, 2020. LX and UA haven't posted availability. Neither has TAP (which the Aeroplan rep said is supposed to be charging YQ but isn't) Only LO, AC, and Lufthansa had options available but not for three passengers.
Oh, my apologies. For some reason i've misread that you're commencing your trip in September. #tgif
Looks like this is one of those case that's worth paying for expert flyer for the availability alerts. Good luck!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Thanks for the tips.

We were forced into the booking because on September 1 this itinerary won't be allowed (at least not with a stop in Europe).

So I'll wait and see. Maybe we'll get a refund later (fingers crossed) though be out the change fees.

The other barrier is that Ms. CanadianConnection really likes the idea of a direct flight on AC (we're traveling with a 6 year old also so number of flights matters). I'm going to have to convince her later that one connection is worth the apprx $1,500 in our pockets.
I wonder if after September 1st availability comes up on no surcharge airlines if you can just call in and change that last leg (pay the change fee but save significantly x 3). As opposed to having to cut a stop out. Seems reasonable to me....but I am not aeropesos.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mkannuri
very nice..may i know which time range..as i really like to hitting AKL, then PER. but i am looking for J and cannot even see anysingle seat eitehr in dec-jan or july-aug time rame
Was mucking around again and while no perth there is J availability on SQ SIN-MEL-WLG. There is very rare AKL-MEL in NZ in J available. So don't know how bad you wanna go to Perth but it IS possible to get to NZ via Singapore/Melbourne.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
Was mucking around again and while no perth there is J availability on SQ SIN-MEL-WLG. There is very rare AKL-MEL in NZ in J available. So don't know how bad you wanna go to Perth but it IS possible to get to NZ via Singapore/Melbourne.

I am not particular about PER but due to MPM allowance, i am setting this as my POT as i wanted to have CPT/JNB one of the stops
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
I wonder if after September 1st availability comes up on no surcharge airlines if you can just call in and change that last leg (pay the change fee but save significantly x 3). As opposed to having to cut a stop out. Seems reasonable to me....but I am not aeropesos.
Oh that is the plan. We now have a contract which includes a trip with two stops. Aeroplan told me directly at time of booking this was going to be possible.

But to have that contract, I had to took now (well in 7 days) - and this is what was available.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh that is the plan. We now have a contract which includes a trip with two stops. Aeroplan told me directly at time of booking this was going to be possible.

But to have that contract, I had to took now (well in 7 days) - and this is what was available.
The first time I called them last week, they said that too.

Then the second time I called them this week, they said they have received NO guidance and even went to double-check with their supervisor that they have not heard anything on whether changes will be allowed to bookings from pre-sep1st that retain the two stopovers.

so... yeah. I'm planning to do the same thing (book now, change later), but not sure...
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:48 am

YYZ-TPE (BR 777 - J)
TPE-ICN (TG 777 - J)
ICN-NRT (OZ 321 - J) - Stop
NRT-BKK (TG 380 - Y) - Stop
BKK-SIN (SQ 787 - J)
SIN-DPS (SQ 787 - J) - Destination
DPS-SIN (SQ 333 - J) - 23 hour layover
SIN-IST (TK 777 - J)
IST-BOS (TK 333 - J)
BOS-YYZ (AC 190 - Y)

$271.26 in taxes plus booking fee.

Would have liked direct from TPE-NRT/HND but limited options that day so getting in about 10 hours later.
Looks like J should open up for NRT-BKK a few weeks out.
Would have liked IST-YYZ direct which could still pop up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.