Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by aureo11
I see, so I seriously doubt that they would allow me enough miles to go from SEAsia to HNL via Europe.
Call Aeroplan and ask

and please update this thread once you have a few numbers, thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...seudo-mpm.html
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
After 3 calls over the last couple of weeks with 3 different answers as to the new rules regarding MPM, I was able to book the following:

YYZ-ORD - UA J - A320 - <24hrs
ORD-NRT - NH F - 777-300 - Stop
HND-BKK - TG F - 747 - Turn
BKK-FRA - TG F - A380
FRA-AMS - LH J - A320 - <24hrs
AMS-VIE - OS J - A319 - Stop
VIE-BRU - OS J - A319 - < 24hrs
BRU-JFK - SN J - A330-200 - < 24hrs
LGA-YYZ - AC J - E190

Total taxes and fees - 210k miles + $939.XX plus $30 call in fee. The SN flight is just a placeholder for an LH F flight fingers crossed.

As for the 3 separate stories from the 3 different agents, I was initially quoted a mileage pair between ORD and BKK which seemed excessively high. When I went to book a circuitous routing under this MPM, I was told that the actual MPM was around 2k miles lower. The third time I called in I was told that there was no way to tell what the actual MPM was and that they would have to key it in and it would either be valid or invalid. My one concern was that if I want LH for the return flight I may have to fly through ORD which would increase the mileage by almost 600 miles but she indicated that there was no way of her telling whether it would be allowed or not ...argh!

As a side note to the old rules, I was able to book YOW-YYZ-ORD-NRT-HKG-BKK-MUC-VIE-AMS-FRA-JFK-YYZ-YOW a year and a half ago which was a bit of a stretch at the time and it worked and this new itinerary isn't too far off from that.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Doable route? Low YQ

Hopping to avoid scam charges. Yyz-IST -Cdg or ( any Europe )TK stop/over Cdg -Tpe -Bkk. BR dest Bkk-Tpe-Yyz. BR
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by thaidai
Hopping to avoid scam charges. Yyz-IST -Cdg or ( any Europe )TK stop/over Cdg -Tpe -Bkk. BR dest Bkk-Tpe-Yyz. BR
YYZ-IST-CDG is published routing, which I don't know if it still works

I suggest you try out multi-city online, or simply call Aeroplan and ask (and do let us know)

My guess is no, but if it does, I'd love to fly that route too!!
YYZ-BKK is ~8500 miles, new MPM is maybe YYZ-BKK - 11055 (q) (from the new MPM 2.0 thread), and your detour is 14139 mi!!!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...seudo-mpm.html

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yyz-bkk...wls&MP=r&DU=mi
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Air Miles, Aeroplan
Valid, not booked:

YYZ-LAX, LAX-ICN, ICN-DPS, DPS-SIN, SIN-TPE, TPE-CDG, CDG-EWR, EWR-YYZ

Valid, booked, all business $286.66 CAD - ticket price around $22K

YYZ-LAX [AC]
LAX-ICN [OZ] (A380)
ICN-TPE [BR] (Hello Kitty plane )
TPE-DPS [BR] (turn around)
open jaw - 5 weeks in Indonesia!
SIN-IST [SG] (2 day stopover)
IST-BOS [TK]
BOS-YYZ [AC]

155,000 points since DPS is Asia 2 from YYZ

Last edited by NaomiF; Dec 3, 2014 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:47 am

Just booked this for September 2015 for both me and my gf

YYZ - ORD - UA J in E175 (overnight)
ORD - NRT - NH F in B777 (stop)
NRT - SGN - NH J in B767 (stop)
SGN - BKK - TK J in A330 (overnight)
BKK - SYD - TG F in B747 (destination)
SYD - BKK - TG F in B747
BKK - ICN - TG J in B777
ICN - LAX - OZ F in A380
LAX - YYZ - AC J in A320

Total was 220K points, $1365 in ticket taxes plus the $30 call centre fee. Worked out to $1399 in total. All totals are per person. A pricey ticket but we love the itinerary.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rkobylka
Just booked this for September 2015 for both me and my gf

YYZ - ORD - UA J in E175 (overnight)
ORD - NRT - NH F in B777 (stop)
NRT - SGN - NH J in B767 (stop)
SGN - BKK - TK J in A330 (overnight)
BKK - SYD - TG F in B747 (destination)
SYD - BKK - TG F in B747
BKK - ICN - TG J in B777
ICN - LAX - OZ F in A380
LAX - YYZ - AC J in A320

Total was 220K points, $1365 in ticket taxes plus the $30 call centre fee. Worked out to $1399 in total. All totals are per person. A pricey ticket but we love the itinerary.
That is a nice itin! Four long-haul F segments on some of the best carriers. This would easily cost $10k if purchased, likely closer to 15k. Glad to know this is still possible...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Online multicity tool a bust now?

So is the aeroplan multicity tool online just useless now?

I know the mpm's and such changed but even simple ones aren't working.

First tried Ywg-sin, sin-ams, ams-ywg

Also tried ywg-sin, sin-lhr, lhr-ywg
(which a r/t ywg-sin works with a leg of sin-lhr)

Then tried ywg-sin, sin-nrt, nrt-ywg

and also hkg.

None of them worked on the website? Is it possibly due to this new change. It's driving me nuts, trying to get a booking for may/june. Anyone else with these issues?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
So is the aeroplan multicity tool online just useless now?

I know the mpm's and such changed but even simple ones aren't working.

First tried Ywg-sin, sin-ams, ams-ywg

Also tried ywg-sin, sin-lhr, lhr-ywg
(which a r/t ywg-sin works with a leg of sin-lhr)

Then tried ywg-sin, sin-nrt, nrt-ywg

and also hkg.

None of them worked on the website? Is it possibly due to this new change. It's driving me nuts, trying to get a booking for may/june. Anyone else with these issues?
Works for me, but I have found that it never seems to work properly after midnight. Have you tried during the day?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Works for me, but I have found that it never seems to work properly after midnight. Have you tried during the day?
You're right. Weird. Guess I always search too late in the evening
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
You're right. Weird. Guess I always search too late in the evening
I discovered it a while ago. Some nights it will tell you that something as simple as YYZ-LAX is invalid. Not sure if its a bug or because they are doing overnight maintenance and haven't shut down the system,
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:53 pm

I'm in the very initial stages of planning a mini-RTW, this will be my first redemption on Aeroplan, while there was a ton to it before when you even know what you had to work with, now its just another think we're in the dark about.

From the mileages in the other thread it says YYZ-SYD is 15540, or 31080 return? I'm just playing with routes right now on the site (worry about finding J later), and although great circle says 28585, (yyz-lhr-cai-jnb-sin-syd-lax-ord-yyz) I'm still getting an error saying it exceeds MPM once I've selected my flights. Any idea what's happening there?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by seadog83
I'm in the very initial stages of planning a mini-RTW, this will be my first redemption on Aeroplan, while there was a ton to it before when you even know what you had to work with, now its just another think we're in the dark about.

From the mileages in the other thread it says YYZ-SYD is 15540, or 31080 return? I'm just playing with routes right now on the site (worry about finding J later), and although great circle says 28585, (yyz-lhr-cai-jnb-sin-syd-lax-ord-yyz) I'm still getting an error saying it exceeds MPM once I've selected my flights. Any idea what's happening there?
MPM is one way limit, not total round trip.

So you need to make sure YYZ-SYD is under 15540 both ways
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:12 pm

Ah I suppose that makes sense. I was actually able to price YHZ-LHR-JNB-SIN-PER-SIN-LHR-YHZ and a few other reasonably direct routes over the pacific as well. YHZ-PER being about 11.5k one way as the crow flies vs 9500 for YYZ-SYD, so I guess the MPM accordingly has a bit more leeway.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
sorry, was on my phone while plane was taxing to take off, so i was in a bit of a rush to type, let me just clarify

MPM is the value for which each direction's routing must be under.

ie: YYZ-x-y-z-SYD must be under 15.5K and return SYD-a-b-c-YYZ must also be under 15.5K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.