Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MilesMakeMeSmile
I've read the wiki and I can't wrap my head around it.

I'd like to go to europe next august hitting Amsterdam, Vienna, Rome, London and Frankfurt.
We'd like to end in Frankfurt after a train ride from London.

Where do I even start?
Supposing you're going ex NA and you mean on the same award ticket, that is not possible.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Supposing you're going ex NA and you mean on the same award ticket, that is not possible.
ok thanks
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:07 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
ok thanks
Work on finding reward seats to just one city (the farthest one), then you can look at returning from FRA, and maybe book an intra-Europe flight to get between the cities. No RTW option possible, as mentioned.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Where are you starting?

I'd book a flight to AMS to start, do an open-jaw and return home from FRA.

Train from AMS to Vienna, Rome and London.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Where are you starting?

I'd book a flight to AMS to start, do an open-jaw and return home from FRA.

Train from AMS to Vienna, Rome and London.
starting in Calgary.
we were hoping to fly everywhere, to save time.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Internal flights in Europe can be very cheap (as long as you're okay flying Ryanair / EastJet / etc).
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Given the airport transit times, it's likely you could be much faster on high speed trains
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Academic
Given the airport transit times, it's likely you could be much faster on high speed trains
Yes. Get a eurail pass. More flexibility than flights. Easy jet does not go everywhere and you gotta remember you can't take much luggage on the planes without paying extra.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
starting in Calgary.
Agree with others that train is the way to go inter-Europe. Disagree with the pass suggestion - for the point-to-point travel you're planning, you're probably better off purchasing discouted tickets in advance. See The Man in Seat 61 for all the info you need on European train travel.

Back to your airfare: start searching possibilities through TK or LX, you could travel to either AMS or FCO via both airlines, and either loop down or up. If you start in FCO, you could do Rome-Vienna-Amsterdam, then travel to London either by train or, for something a little different, via Hook of Holland/Harwich by ferry. Ending with your train trip to FRA.

ETA: Just looked at the map again. If you're going to travel between Amsterdam and Vienna by train, you need to stop in Prague. Seriously.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
YYZ-ADD
ADD-JNB (Y)
JNB-PER

PER-SIN (Y)
SIN-PEK
PEK-YYZ

689.86$
travel in Jan -Feb 2015

not booked yet as I am playing with dates to get J segments
also worried about booking SA as discussed in other thread...

amazing that AP wants 165k for travel to DXB yet I can do WA for 160k !
would love to try and incorporate DXB into this itn but have no idea how w/ the new 'enhancements'
How are you getting this for 160k? I am trying to replicate it and I get 150k in J and 100k in Y. Is it possible to get 80k in Y?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:13 pm

Australia is 160k (Perth) in J, more than South Africa's 150k

South Africa is 100k in economy, more than Australia's 80k
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I just came across this thread and had a question regarding a possible Mini-RTW.

My wife and I are going to be in HNL and we were thinking to book a RT from there to SEAsia. I was impressed by the cheap 90k requirement in Biz Class (the cheapest I've seen from HNL to SEAsia or Australia/NZ), especially with two stopovers!

However, now Im wondering if I could create a mini-RTW. I noticed that HNL-SIN has both PA and AT MPMs listed. Does this mean that I could route my return from Asia through Europe and/or North America before getting to HNL? I realize that I couldn't stop there because that would make the award more expensive, but I'd be happy even being able to fly from Asia via say ORD and hop off there without completing the last leg back to HNL.

Is this possible? Or am I simply dreaming? Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by aureo11
Hello everyone,

I just came across this thread and had a question regarding a possible Mini-RTW.

My wife and I are going to be in HNL and we were thinking to book a RT from there to SEAsia. I was impressed by the cheap 90k requirement in Biz Class (the cheapest I've seen from HNL to SEAsia or Australia/NZ), especially with two stopovers!

However, now Im wondering if I could create a mini-RTW. I noticed that HNL-SIN has both PA and AT MPMs listed. Does this mean that I could route my return from Asia through Europe and/or North America before getting to HNL? I realize that I couldn't stop there because that would make the award more expensive, but I'd be happy even being able to fly from Asia via say ORD and hop off there without completing the last leg back to HNL.

Is this possible? Or am I simply dreaming? Thanks!
the new system doesn't have PA and AT MPMs anymore. just one (unknown) MPM no matter the direction you fly. it may or may not be possible to do a mini-RTW
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by w000t
the new system doesn't have PA and AT MPMs anymore. just one (unknown) MPM no matter the direction you fly. it may or may not be possible to do a mini-RTW
I see, so I seriously doubt that they would allow me enough miles to go from SEAsia to HNL via Europe.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by aureo11
I see, so I seriously doubt that they would allow me enough miles to go from SEAsia to HNL via Europe.
You wont know until you find out the super secret Aeroplan MPM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.