Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by karlpenney
It's possible from YYZ, but I don't think it works from YVR.
Thanks for reply ..

​​​​​​Do u know why it wouldn't be possible from YVR ? Based on distance ?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by taurus25
Thanks for reply ..

​​​​​​Do u know why it wouldn't be possible from YVR ? Based on distance ?
Right. There is no route including both SYD and DXB which is under the MPM.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by karlpenney
Right. There is no route including both SYD and DXB which is under the MPM.
Thanks a lot ... Where I can find this MPM info ..??
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
There is some info in the wiki of this thread

Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)

YVR-SYD is simply too low, even a direct routing of YVR-DXB-SYD is 14787, well over the quoted SYD-YVR of 12417
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Don't think I remembered to post this when I booked it a little while back...

Goals were to nest in a CDG-YVR-CDG cheapo fare I found, cross off a couple more airlines in Star Alliance and get it all in J if possible while keeping the YQ as low as possible since I'm not an SE anymore.

YVR-PEK CA 77W J (11 hour layover, which I'm already regretting after transiting through PEK a few months ago, might just grab a hotel since I already have the visa)
PEK-IST TK 77W J (1 week STOP)

Never really had Istanbul super high on my list of place to visit, but it was basically as far as I could stretch the MPM and I wanted to fly TK, better not get one of those damn middle seats, can't believe they still do this.

IST-LJU TK 320 J (23 hour layover, wanted to check out the Slovenian capital a bit)
LJU-CDG JP CR9 J (10 day STOP to nest in the original cheapo trip, plus when else would I ever get to fly Adria!?)

CDG-WAW LO 738 J
WAW-IEV LO E75 Y (1 week STOP, they do appear to offer J on this aircraft, but I couldn't get it, no big deal, plus when I found out Kiev had 2 airports I wanted em both)

KBP-ZRH LX 320 J (regrettable overnight, this is probably gonna cost me way more than I wanna spend)
ZRH-ORD LX 77W J (def wanted to try this product and I would've rather gone to LAX/SFO but couldn't make the MPM work)
ORD-YVR AC CR9 J (new route for AC, I kinda love the CR9 cuz of the single seats)

1 pax 115,000 & $399 CAD
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
ZRH-ORD LX 77W J (def wanted to try this product and I would've rather gone to LAX/SFO but couldn't make the MPM work)
ORD-YVR AC CR9 J (new route for AC, I kinda love the CR9 cuz of the single seats)
I don't see much difference in ZRH-ORD-YVR vs ZRH-LAX/SFR-YVR in terms of MPM but maybe few miles make a difference.
I have a return VIE-IST-SFO(stop)-YYC and it worked.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Feb 16, 2018 at 5:55 pm Reason: missed a transfer point
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I don't see much difference in ZRH-ORD-YVR vs ZRH-LAX/SFR-YVR in terms of MPM but maybe few miles make a difference.
I have a return VIE-SFO(stop)-YYC and it worked.
I've had mRTWs rejected for being over MPM by twenty miles.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
1 pax 115,000 & $399 CAD
This is an awful business class seat. Its like a very large crowded dormroom. Make sure you get into row 4/5
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is an awful business class seat. Its like a very large crowded dormroom. Make sure you get into row 4/5
+1
I just did 4A. A very private and comfy throne seat. The mini-J rows 4-5 mirrors F with only 8 seats and it was quiet.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:24 pm

Have anyone used the star alliance tool to build the rtw trip ? Is it good or waste of time as it says rtw allows approx 39000 miles ..
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I have a return VIE-SFO(stop)-YYC and it worked.
Problem is you have to work all the way back to the turn around point which is IST right.

According to my old notes the MPM was 9920 IST-YVR, with the ORD stop its 9918, SFO was 10,352. YUL would've worked at 9742 but I read the 77W opinions were a bit better than the 330 plus getting a direct flight from YUL to YVR in J isn't easy and probably would've upped my taxes/YQ as well.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Maybe PM me since it's a bit off topic Rank, but do you actually dislike the SEAT? Or is the overcrowding? The seat reviews I had read were pretty positive and it looks a bit like the Air Canada "throne" style ones. Now there's no way I'll get a throne, I wasn't gonna pay like 200Euro just to get it I just hope to get a seat in the middle section so I don't have to walk over anyone and they don't have to walk over me. It does look like the cabin is poorly divided, but I can't imagine it's that bad since I'm already an uncultured swine that doesn't usually fly J . If I could pick a seat in row 4-5 I would, but IIRC you had to pay for all seats and the costs were a bit nuts, I'll check again.

Checked again, the thrones are like $210 CAD, which I won't bother paying, unfortunately the other seats in rows 4-5 are reserved, marked with an X, and the others are reserved for HON members.

Last edited by drvannostren; Feb 16, 2018 at 8:57 am
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by taurus25
Have anyone used the star alliance tool to build the rtw trip ? Is it good or waste of time as it says rtw allows approx 39000 miles ..
Worth checking that you're not confusing a Star Alliance Round The World trip with the Aeroplan redemption colloquially and unofficially known as the "Mini Round The World" (mRTW).

The former is specifically designed for visiting multiple continents, while the latter simply takes advantage of Aeroplan's generous stop-over rules to allow for trips that circle the globe, due to the destination being far enough from the origin that both Atlantic and Pacific routings are within the permitted mileage.

Maybe PM me since it's a bit off topic Rank, but do you actually dislike the SEAT? Or is the overcrowding? The seat reviews I had read were pretty positive and it looks a bit like the Air Canada "throne" style ones. Now there's no way I'll get a throne, I wasn't gonna pay like 200Euro just to get it I just hope to get a seat in the middle section so I don't have to walk over anyone and they don't have to walk over me.
This is very much a personal preference; some other posters clearly feel otherwise, but I really like Swiss' hard and soft products, particularly given the relative lack of "pod" style seats on *A carriers flying TATL, and in my last half-dozen J flights with Swiss, I have never had a problem in reserving a D-G seat, for free, in advance.

The "throne" seats can be selected online, for free, at T-48, if they're still available.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:57 pm

Problem is you have to work all the way back to the turn around point which is IST right.
No, I have amended the return to include IST in between VIE ---- SFO.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:09 am
RT9

Just booked 4 economy tickets:

YYZ - CAI (23 hour layover) EgyptAir
CAI - DXB (stop) 12 days EgyptAir
DXB - MCT (21 hour layover) SwissAir
MCT - BKK (Stop) 7 days ThaiAir
BKK - MEL (stop) 14 days ThaiAir
MEL - BKK (3 hour layover) ThaiAir
BKK - HND (12 hour layover) ThaiAir
HND - YYZ AirCanada

90,000 points and $300 in taxes and fees per person
A minor screw up with first agent who said everything was booked but her computer then crashed? After a very lengthy wait, she transferred me to another agent who then had to re-book everything. Total of about 3 hours on the phone and shouldn't have taken more than 30 minutes. In the end very happy with how things worked out and surprised at how low taxes were.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:39 am

Can experts chime in n see if this routing will work ? It does fall under mpm

Yul-ZRH(layover 50mins)
ZRH-BKK (lay over 5-6 hours)
BKK-SYD (destination)
SYD-BKK (layover few hours)
BKK-IXC (Stop over)
IXC-DEL (Layover few hours)
DEL-DXB (Stop over)
DXB-IST (lay over few hours)
IST-YUL (Back at the starting point)

Last edited by taurus25; Feb 22, 2018 at 9:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.