Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerryhung
Wiki Link
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 10, 17, 7:41 pm

looking to do an RTW this December from YYZ...

quick question, is it possible to do an RTW in 2 weeks? any examples of valid ones that is possible in 2 weeks? Thanks in advance guys!
Old Sep 10, 17, 8:02 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jathuv View Post

quick question, is it possible to do an RTW in 2 weeks? any examples of valid ones that is possible in 2 weeks? Thanks in advance guys!
some of us can complete 10-12 stop mini RTW, covering maybe 12-15k miles each way in just 3-4 days. Less stops/miles would be do-able in 2 days.
Old Sep 10, 17, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jathuv View Post

Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
some of us can complete 10-12 stop mini RTW, covering maybe 12-15k miles each way in just 3-4 days. Less stops/miles would be do-able in 2 days.
2 days would be pushing it if you actually want to circumnavigate. The schedules would really have to line up.

But 2 weeks? Yes. Every time.
Old Sep 11, 17, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
2 days would be pushing it if you actually want to circumnavigate. The schedules would really have to line up.

But 2 weeks? Yes. Every time.
Thanks for your reply. Well, let me know if anyone finds a solid RTW in December from YYZ... I will do some research and keep you guys posted
Old Sep 13, 17, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
We can take horse to the pond

Horse has to drink the water. There is no full time travel agents working here. Guys do some homework for god sake
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by alpenrock View Post
Horse has to drink the water. There is no full time travel agents working here. Guys do some homework for god sake
If I understand what you are saying, then yes, questions should be asked in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-mini-rtw.html thread, as per the wiki.
Old Sep 13, 17, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by alpenrock View Post
C'mon, give them a break! Who doesn't want to spend the hours (and hours and hours...especially when phone-ins are needed to figure things out and/or book) that it sometimes takes to put something together, all for free, all for someone you don't even know?
Old Sep 13, 17, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
It's all about give and take

Originally Posted by Marlin240 View Post
C'mon, give them a break! Who doesn't want to spend the hours (and hours and hours...especially when phone-ins are needed to figure things out and/or book) that it sometimes takes to put something together, all for free, all for someone you don't even know?
look what are the contributions to this forum by some members,who is asking for help by thinking that we full time suckers, only selfish people come here to get good deals and never share any thing or never posted something.
(Yeah I wanted to fly or Book a hotel on this specific date or this airline on this route for this price or use this airline program ) for that there are plenty of OTAs available .
Old Sep 18, 17, 5:05 pm

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
The additon of Juneyao airline have indeed made redemption inter china much easier.
Booked my first RTW today for Jack Sr. Routing is as followed.

CDG - FRA (Layover) via LH
FRA - PEK via CA
PEK - CSX via CA - in Y
CSX - PVG via HO (TURNAROUND) - in Y
PVG - CDG via CA

*Fare calculation:
28SEP17PAR LH X/FRA CA BJS R0.00CA CSX R0.00HO SHA R0.00CA
PAR R0.00CAD0.00 END ROE1.00 XT31.00RA16.80QX30.20FR58.00YQ
65.30IZ35.30CN

All together was 236 in taxes and fees + 150K in points.
Routing via LH would have cost $200 more. So thank god that CA become bookable again
Old Sep 20, 17, 2:29 pm

Completed this in spring. Taxes were $280

YOW-EWR UA Y
EWR-ZRH LX J
ZRH-AMS LX J (stop)
AMS-IST TK J
IST-SIN TK J (turnaround)
SIN-HKG SQ J (stop)
HKG-TPE BR J
TPE-JFK BR J *airport change
EWR-YOW AC Y

Last edited by Monkeyjunk; Sep 21, 17 at 11:04 pm
Old Sep 28, 17, 11:43 am

Does anyone know if there are any aeroplan availability between new zealand and australia?

looking to book a trip for next year to new zealand and australia, and was able to find the following flights

YYZ - HND (stop)
HND - AKL (stop)
BNE - YYZ

I'd like to be able to connect the new zealand and australia segments some how, but it doesn't look like there is ever any availability. do flights get released later on, and can i just add it later with a $90 change fee? or would I have to book those flights separately?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 28, 17, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post
Does anyone know if there are any aeroplan availability between new zealand and australia?
Dunno if this helps but I managed to get AKL-SYD easily for May '18 dates.
Old Sep 28, 17, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
Thanks! Lots of NZ J space available too, not just Y!
Old Sep 28, 17, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
looks like lots of availability up until Aug 24, 2017 and then nothing after that (i'm looking for mid sept availability)...hope Sept flights are released soon! There's currently a direct flight from SYD to YYZ in business and i want to book it before it's gone!!
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:28 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post
looks like lots of availability up until Aug 24, 2017 and then nothing after that (i'm looking for mid sept availability)...hope Sept flights are released soon! There's currently a direct flight from SYD to YYZ in business and i want to book it before it's gone!!
As an aside, when I was booking some J flights Down Under for May next year, the Aeroplan rep said that NZ is pretty notorious for not releasing inventory until close in. She thought I got really lucky (partially luck, but mostly due to a lot of searching in KVS) getting the NZ flights I did between New Zealand and Australia / Fiji, but the TPAC down was on AC to SYD. No NZ availability whatsoever this far out.

Search this Thread