Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jerryhung
Wiki Link
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 6, 17, 7:31 am
  #436  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 433
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian View Post
This looks awesome and I would like to do something similar without connecting in the states. How far ahead did you book? Also, you prob mean 220,000 miles, no?
I think you need the US for those F segments on OZ and NH
Cerenity is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 4:17 pm
  #437  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 835
sorry wrong thread..

Last edited by Commie; Jul 10, 17 at 4:25 pm Reason: wrong thread
Commie is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 9:11 am
  #438  
1up
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Why is the ANA tool preferred - is it not possible to just look these flights up on Aeroplan's Multi-flight tool?

I've got 300-400k Aeroplan points that I've finally accrued and I'm just learning about this mini-RTW option, but when I search through Aeroplan, I can segment the flights ie:

YVR -> AMS
AMS -> BCN
BCN -> YVR

and it only shows 110k total Aeroplan points in Business, but the fees are $1k and the business segments are usually the domestic flights, not the long-haul ones.
1up is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 2:40 pm
  #439  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: SPG Gold
Posts: 4,609
Originally Posted by 1up View Post
Why is the ANA tool preferred - is it not possible to just look these flights up on Aeroplan's Multi-flight tool?

I've got 300-400k Aeroplan points that I've finally accrued and I'm just learning about this mini-RTW option, but when I search through Aeroplan, I can segment the flights ie:

YVR -> AMS
AMS -> BCN
BCN -> YVR

and it only shows 110k total Aeroplan points in Business, but the fees are $1k and the business segments are usually the domestic flights, not the long-haul ones.
See my signature thread, avoid YQ carriers like AC/LH/TP

SN/UA/TK/LX should be your primary options to AMS/BCN
jerryhung is offline  
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:03 am
  #440  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 136
Seems to be a lot of discussion here, instead of just listing itineraries. Should those not be discussed at Mini RTW Questions?


YYZ-TPE BR
TPE-HKG BR (turn)
HKG-NRT ET (stop)
NRT-TPE BR (stop)
TPE-YYZ BR

All economy. 75,000 points. $130 taxes + $30 phone-in booking fee.
WKnight is offline  
Old Jul 21, 17, 9:59 pm
  #441  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 835
I finally made my bookings, not quite a mini-rtw, but the spirit is there.
Here is what I just booked for 2:

Yyz-syd ac j (stop 3 weeks)
Syd -icn Asiana j (stop 2 days)
Icn-hkg Thai J ( stop 5 days)
Hkg-Yvr ac j
Yvr-yyz ac j

My departure is in dec 2017 and return Jan 2018.
Right now the surcharge is a bit high, about 500 a person.

I'll Keep an eye on if Air China rewards reappear on Aeroplan and I'll change it out from the Asiana air to reduce the surcharge a bit.
I want to lock in the syd flights now.

Last edited by Commie; Jul 22, 17 at 3:46 pm
Commie is offline  
Old Jul 22, 17, 1:55 pm
  #442  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YEG
Posts: 3,718
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
I finally made my bookings, not quite a mini-rtw, but the spirit is there.
Here is what I just booked for 2:

Yyz-syd ac j (stop 3 weeks)
Syd -icn Asiana j (stop 2 days)
Icn-hkg Thai J ( stop 5 days)
Hkg-Yvr ac j
Yvr-yyz ac j

My departure is in dec 2017 and return Jan 2017.
Right now the surcharge is a bit high, about 500 a person.

I'll Keep an eye on if Air China rewards reappear on Aeroplan and I'll change it out from the Asiana air to reduce the surcharge a bit.
I want to lock in the syd flights now.
Your flying AC YYZ-SYD and HKG-YYZ (because thats how the yq will be calculated) as well as SYD-ICN on a YQ carrier... 500 is not that bad... im assuming all fees in your at 700? The Asiana portion will be fairly small... maybe 100$? A change fee will goble it all up!
hearna is offline  
Old Jul 22, 17, 3:46 pm
  #443  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 835
Originally Posted by hearna View Post
Your flying AC YYZ-SYD and HKG-YYZ (because thats how the yq will be calculated) as well as SYD-ICN on a YQ carrier... 500 is not that bad... im assuming all fees in your at 700? The Asiana portion will be fairly small... maybe 100$? A change fee will goble it all up!
All fee's in, it came to $580 a person including the 35 dollars aeroplan fee for calling in to book this. I think the majority of the surcharge are with Asiana and Thai, since I am SE with AC. When I was playing around with different routings, going through PEK with CA instead ICN, the surcharge was only around $350 a person.

I guess relatively the 580 fees ain't too bad, considering how far I am flying, and if I had to pay for the tickets, it would be well over 10K for this.
Commie is offline  
Old Jul 24, 17, 9:20 am
  #444  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
I finally made my bookings, not quite a mini-rtw, but the spirit is there.
Here is what I just booked for 2:

Yyz-syd ac j (stop 3 weeks)
Syd -icn Asiana j (stop 2 days)
Icn-hkg Thai J ( stop 5 days)
Hkg-Yvr ac j
Yvr-yyz ac j

My departure is in dec 2017 and return Jan 2018.
Right now the surcharge is a bit high, about 500 a person.

I'll Keep an eye on if Air China rewards reappear on Aeroplan and I'll change it out from the Asiana air to reduce the surcharge a bit.
I want to lock in the syd flights now.
Neither is my booking, posted just above yours....but I agree, it's in the spirit.

Change fees are now $100 per direction (inbound / outbound), so if you're monitoring for Air China space the difference in taxes/fees (plus better convenience) will need to be weighed against this. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Looks great!
WKnight is offline  
Old Jul 25, 17, 3:01 pm
  #445  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by IamI View Post
Managed to see a direct flight from YOW to EWR in Y on UA instead of from YUL in J on AC. Called in and now have:
YOW-EWR UA ERJ 4Y - 7 1/2 hour layover
EWR-CDG UA 764 4J STOP
CDG-BKK TG 380 4J - 12 hours to enjoy BKK and get a free massage
BKK-RGN TG 330 4J STOP
RGN-SIN SQ 333 4J - 18 hour overnight layover - Turn around for 1 PAX
SIN-DPS SQ 333 3Y - Turn around for 3 PAX
DPS-SIN SQ 333 3J
SIN-KUL SQ 333 1J/3Y
KUL-IST TK 333 4J - 4am arrival and 14 hour layover = free city tour
IST-JFK TK 773 4J - 18 1/2 hour overnight layover
LGA-YYZ AC 4J 321
YYZ-YOWAC 4Y 763
Forgot to update an old one. Managed to get 4J direct from SIN to IST so we avoided the hop to KUL, then decided to skip the chaos in IST last summer and just did a quick visit to the lounge so the kids could play slot cars. Also avoided an overnight stay in NYC and US customs and the others got their first upper deck in a 744 (got the last 4 seats 2 days before the flight).
Unfortunately a 4 hour layover in IST was too short to use the showers ... at least there's no wait at the MLL in FRA.

YOW-EWR UA ERJ 4Y - 7 1/2 hour layover
EWR-CDG UA 764 4J STOP
CDG-BKK TG 380 4J - 12 hours to enjoy BKK and get a free massage
BKK-RGN TG 330 4J STOP
RGN-SIN SQ 333 4J - 18 hour overnight layover - Turn around for 1 PAX
SIN-DPS SQ 333 3Y - Turn around for 3 PAX
DPS-SIN SQ 333 3J
SIN-IST TK 333 4J
IST-FRA TK 333 4J
FRA-YYZ LH 4J 744
YYZ-YOWAC 4Y 763

BTW, apologies but I only just got the database with all the mini-RTWs up and running again after accidentally trashing in months ago.
IamI is offline  
Old Jul 26, 17, 8:36 am
  #446  
Carlson Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: YTZ
Programs: Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC Tangerine
Posts: 5,848
All in J except the last hop on AC.

YYZ-TPE BR
TPE-BKK TG (stop)
BKK-MEL TG (turn)
MEL-SIN SQ
SIN-IST TK
IST-AMS TK (stop)
AMS-ZRH LX
ZRH-YUL LX
YUL-YTZ AC Y

$542 ($298 of which is scam) + $30 booking fee. 160K points. I am OK with that given I only overnights down to MEL available and I don't want the slope-y SQ ticket.

Funny thing was the agent had this booked for two people, and I only needed one ticket!

Oh, and they picked up on the first ring (955am ET 26 July)
briantoronto is offline  
Old Aug 1, 17, 9:47 am
  #447  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 835
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
I finally made my bookings, not quite a mini-rtw, but the spirit is there.
Here is what I just booked for 2:

Yyz-syd ac j (stop 3 weeks)
Syd -icn Asiana j (stop 2 days)
Icn-hkg Thai J ( stop 5 days)
Hkg-Yvr ac j
Yvr-yyz ac j

My departure is in dec 2017 and return Jan 2018.
Right now the surcharge is a bit high, about 500 a person.

I'll Keep an eye on if Air China rewards reappear on Aeroplan and I'll change it out from the Asiana air to reduce the surcharge a bit.
I want to lock in the syd flights now.
Decisions Decisions...
Just checked and some Air China flights showed up on AP site.
Now I can switch to this:
YYZ-SYD AC J
SYD-PEK CA Y
PEK-HKG CA J
HKG-ICN Asiana J
ICN-YYZ AC J

Pro's of the new route:
- the dates and timing of going through PEK fits better for my plans
- get to fly AC's 789 direct fro ICN home to YYZ, don't have to connect through HK
- a savings in surcharge/taxes of about $200 per ticket

Con's:
- the SYD-PEK is in Y
- Change fee's of $100/ticket per direction? does that mean $200 person? This would eat all the savings in surcharge
- miss out on the A380 on Asiana

Tough choice, what should I do?
Commie is offline  
Old Aug 4, 17, 2:36 am
  #448  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Posts: 3,991
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
Decisions Decisions...
Just checked and some Air China flights showed up on AP site.
Now I can switch to this:
YYZ-SYD AC J
SYD-PEK CA Y
PEK-HKG CA J
HKG-ICN Asiana J
ICN-YYZ AC J

Pro's of the new route:
- the dates and timing of going through PEK fits better for my plans
- get to fly AC's 789 direct fro ICN home to YYZ, don't have to connect through HK
- a savings in surcharge/taxes of about $200 per ticket

Con's:
- the SYD-PEK is in Y
- Change fee's of $100/ticket per direction? does that mean $200 person? This would eat all the savings in surcharge
- miss out on the A380 on Asiana

Tough choice, what should I do?
I'm not sure what you have currently but...

I had a very similar situation recently and it's a tough choice. If you're only gonna save $200 then burn it immediately, right there I probably wouldn't do it.

SYD-PEK is 11:00 according to flighttimecalculator. You're paying the full freight for J, for a flight that long, I'm not taking Y. Any chance you can find SYD-BKK-PEK or something in J?

I got myself on OZ 380 J. I thought it more important to get 380 than 350. Seems to me the 350s will be well represented going forward, whereas the 380s will be dying out. I don't fly EK (though I'd like to try them at some point) and Star Alliance doesn't have many 380s when you remove LH due to the YQ and SQ not giving out long haul J/F space. So I took it now with OZ ICN-LAX.

Up to you ultimately, but it seems like what you have now might be better.
drvannostren is online now  
Old Aug 4, 17, 8:44 am
  #449  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 835
Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
I'm not sure what you have currently but...

I had a very similar situation recently and it's a tough choice. If you're only gonna save $200 then burn it immediately, right there I probably wouldn't do it.

SYD-PEK is 11:00 according to flighttimecalculator. You're paying the full freight for J, for a flight that long, I'm not taking Y. Any chance you can find SYD-BKK-PEK or something in J?

I got myself on OZ 380 J. I thought it more important to get 380 than 350. Seems to me the 350s will be well represented going forward, whereas the 380s will be dying out. I don't fly EK (though I'd like to try them at some point) and Star Alliance doesn't have many 380s when you remove LH due to the YQ and SQ not giving out long haul J/F space. So I took it now with OZ ICN-LAX.

Up to you ultimately, but it seems like what you have now might be better.
I am currently on:
Yyz-syd ac j (stop 3 weeks)
Syd -icn Asiana j (stop 2 days)
Icn-hkg Thai J ( stop 5 days)
Hkg-Yvr ac j
Yvr-yyz ac j

and have the chance to switch to:
YYZ-SYD AC J (Stop)
SYD-PEK CA Y
PEK-HKG CA J (Stop)
HKG-ICN Asiana J (Stop)
ICN-YYZ AC J

The problem is I am trying to book this for travel for outbound the 2nd week of December, and return the 2nd week of January of 2018. So during the prime Xmas/NY holidays. The outbound direct from YYZ-SYD was no issue was able to get plenty of AC J options. The return was tough, only way with J was through ICN or HKG.
Thinking further, I think I'll stick with what I have...No sense in giving up a J flight for a Y that is over 10 hours in duration.
Commie is offline  
Old Aug 4, 17, 2:15 pm
  #450  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: YVR
Posts: 1,412
Vancouver - Moscow - Seychelles - Taipei - Vancouver

YVR-YYZ AC 5J
23 hours connection day+night

YYZ-IAD UA 5Y
10 hours connection day

IAD-BRU UA 5J
BRU-DME SN 5J

Stopover, 3 passengers stop here, 2 passengers are continuing

VKO-IST TK 2J
IST-SEZ TK 2J

Destination

SEZ-IST TK 2J
22 hours connection
IST-TPE TK 2J

Stopover

TPE-YVR BR 2J

3 x (57,500 + CAD$168.86)
2 x (150,000 + CAD$271.86)

+CAD $31.50 phone booking fee per person.

And I like this part when I log in:
Aug 04, 2017 Congratulations. You have redeemed 150,000 miles
Hello echino, you have 0 Aeroplan Miles
echino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread