Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerryhung
Wiki Link
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 17, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
Looking at ZRH-YUL on June 15 and no direct flight is available on AP J reward but United shows it and ANA shows it as available. Other routes and dates have similar situations. Have not called the center yet. I need to change a routing to an earlier date that I have booked before. The overall return trip is as follows:
Swiss is blocked by AC/AE, so yes, its a no go.
LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?
Old May 26, 17, 8:25 am

When searching on the United sites, if it shows Business Standard Award, does that mean its bookable by calling into AE?
Old May 26, 17, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
When searching on the United sites, if it shows Business Standard Award, does that mean its bookable by calling into AE?
No, only saver (X/I/O)
Old May 26, 17, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Swiss is blocked by AC/AE, so yes, its a no go.
LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?
OK, saw that before.... should have taken that into account and not provide this example. Will keep looking for other options.
Old May 29, 17, 5:01 am

Last minute mini-rtw (I was extremely frustrated on Friday for not having the ability to piece it together, and now I’m counting down the hours ☺).

YXE-YYZ (AC) FIESTA
YYZ-TPE (BR) STOP
TPE-SZX-BKK (ZH) STOP
BKK-VIE (BR)
VIE-LIS (TP) STOP
LIS-EWR-YYZ (UA)
YYZ-YXE (AC)

$313.28 + charge to compensate for the fact that you beat the system. However, the agent was the most efficient I have dealt with during an initial booking call.

I know this is for ‘mini-rtw’ posts, but I’m gonna add this itin anyways… it’s a one-way booked earlier this month for September:

SPU-ZAG (OU)
ZAG-IST-ORD (TK)
ORD-YYZ-YXE (AC)

$85.12+ charge to compensate for the fact that you beat the system.

Note: I mentioned early in the call that it’s silly to pay a booking fee for a non-multistop return ticket, but a one-way flight that I worked out on my own, and spoon fed the results for it to be booked. On this booking the agent actually sarcastically asked me if I was going to complain about the extra $30 fee after she totalled the taxes and surcharges because they were 'so low'… I said ‘well that’s my hard work and research, but ya whatever.’ Unfortunately, she claimed the ORD-YYZ booking class I requested wasn’t avail, which I protested was. Since the call center was only open for another 10 minutes (which I was reminded of), I said OK, whatever, book it.

However, I called in the next day to remedy the problem because the fare I wanted was still avail. The woman I spoke with was the coolest, bestesstttt and most personable AE agent I have ever chatted with. Quite honestly, she was my favourite CSR for any company I have ever dealt with. Wish I could sit down for a beer with her in Split!

Last edited by LoveGlobeTrottin; May 29, 17 at 5:57 am
Old May 29, 17, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91 View Post
Mix of aeroplan and united. Didn't require ANA although I did check to see.
I had wanted to do a F reward for a bit and things just worked out well for my holidays next Feb. I am stoked! A380F, hopefully at least 1 Thai 747 upgraded F and then ANA 777 F.

The one segment GMP-HND the flight I wanted 787 ANA wasn't visible on the one-way seg but was on a GMP-hnd-CTS one and she was able to find it.

Also ICN and GMP were apparently not sister airports. She was able to confirm that she could book those two on one ticket and not as an open jaw...but by that point I had seen the other routing with the long bangkok/osaka layovers and that was very appealing.
This is a bummer. I was planning a mRTW. I was relying on HND-GMP and then ICN-TPE. After knowing that they don't consider GMP and ICN to be coterminal, I had to choose another less favorable routing
Old May 29, 17, 9:28 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
YYZ - TPE BR
TPE - FUK BR Stop
FUK - SIN SQ
SIN - SYD SQ Stop
SYD - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ
BKK - CPH TG Stop
CPH - YYZ AC

All in J. Taxes + YQ = $10XX * 2 passengers for a grand total of $21XX. I said screw that.

So instead coming back

SIN - TPE BR Stop
TPE - YYZ BR

New Taxes + YQ = 214.26 * 2 passengers = 428.52 + 67.80 booking fee
Old May 30, 17, 12:09 am

and B

Originally Posted by beep88 View Post
YYZ - TPE BR
TPE - FUK BR Stop
FUK - SIN SQ
SIN - SYD SQ Stop
SYD - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ
BKK - CPH TG Stop
CPH - YYZ AC

All in J. Taxes + YQ = $10XX * 2 passengers for a grand total of $21XX. I said screw that.

So instead coming back

SIN - TPE BR Stop
TPE - YYZ BR

New Taxes + YQ = 214.26 * 2 passengers = 428.52 + 67.80 booking fee
$800 for 2 additional stops, ie fly to SYD and CPH on SQ and TG is not that bad. Other option is to change your return segments to the ones you wanted originally once you get to your first stop. Scam charges will not be imposed provided availability exists.
Old May 30, 17, 6:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, SPG, Marriott
$800 for 2 additional stops, ie fly to SYD and CPH on SQ and TG is not that bad. Other option is to change your return segments to the ones you wanted originally once you get to your first stop. Scam charges will not be imposed provided availability exists.
i think beep88 meant replacing the SIN onwards legs on the return, so still keeping SYD but just stopping at TPE instead of CPH to strip the TG+AC segments
Old May 30, 17, 12:52 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E35K
Originally Posted by newbie2008 View Post
This is a bummer. I was planning a mRTW. I was relying on HND-GMP and then ICN-TPE. After knowing that they don't consider GMP and ICN to be coterminal, I had to choose another less favorable routing
When I called in she was able to make GMP and ICN work as sister airports but she had to speak with her supervisor. I suspect you can still do this and if your agent says no try another one. The two airports are after all about a 30min train ride apart.
Old May 30, 17, 1:55 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
If it were F redemption with LH I wouldn't mind $800 . This is for the 1 stop at CPH.

Changing it back to RTW is certainly an option after departure. So will see. This is for travel next spring.
Old May 30, 17, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91 View Post
When I called in she was able to make GMP and ICN work as sister airports but she had to speak with her supervisor. I suspect you can still do this and if your agent says no try another one. The two airports are after all about a 30min train ride apart.
Thank you for the info! I'll keep that in mind if I call to change. I'm looking for a few more favorable connections before I pay the 100 cad to change. Since I have to pay the 100 fee, I might as well wait till I'm absolutely sure!
Old Jun 4, 17, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
I can't wait to post my booked itinerary here...except I'm stuck. In Germany. On NYE.

Any suggested routes for getting home to YYZ by Jan 7th - making use of as much F stock as possible!
Old Jun 4, 17, 9:30 pm

YYZ-MUC AC J (13 hour layover)
MUC-CGN LH J STOP
CGN-VIE OS J (20 hour layover)
VIE-HKG OS J STOP
HKG-TPE BR J
TPE-YYZ BR J

$593.xx. Booked online. May 'upgrade' it with another stopover via the call center.
Old Jun 10, 17, 5:40 pm

My very first mini-RTW, all in J...thank you to everyone on the helpful posts. The only problem is it starts/ends at ORD and I am based in YYZ. I will either change it in the future if availability is there, buy an economy ticket or just drive back and forth.

ORD-ARN (23 hour layover)
ARN-PRG (STOP - Open Jaw)
FCO-BRU (STOP) (FCO also counts as a stop right?)
BRU-CPH
CPH-ORD

$311 in taxes for 2 tickets + booking fee of $67.80. I am planning to take a train from Prague to Vienna and then find a flight to Rome from there.

Search this Thread