Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC E50, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
(OZ) JFK-ICN F A380
(OZ) ICN-SYD J A380 STOP-> apparently OZ not selling the F tickets, kinda sucks but get into SYD 13 hrs earlier than alternative

(TG) SYD-BKK F 8 hour day layover
(TG) BKK-KIX F 14 hour day layover
(OZ) KIX-GMP J STOP

(NH) GMP-HND J STOP
(NH) HND-JFK F

Fees were a bit but its F. $750 single passenger. 220K AE pts

Could got BKK-KIX TG A380 but the 14 hour daytime layover was too appealing and it's "supposed" to be a 747 w new F product. Can't wait! Thanks to all who have helped!
big fan of this route!
what platform did you use to pick flights? ANA?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
(OZ) JFK-ICN F A380
(OZ) ICN-SYD J A380 STOP-> apparently OZ not selling the F tickets, kinda sucks but get into SYD 13 hrs earlier than alternative

(OZ) KIX-GMP J STOP

(NH) GMP-HND J STOP
(NH) HND-JFK F

Could got BKK-KIX TG A380 but the 14 hour daytime layover was too appealing and it's "supposed" to be a 747 w new F product. Can't wait! Thanks to all who have helped!
wow, this is amazing. nice work.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by tracon
3 pax J
YVR-AC-BNE
BNE-SQ-SIN-SQ-BKK
o/j
HKT-TG-(only 2 in J)-BKK-TK-IST-AC-YYZ-AC-YYC(24hours)
YYC-AC-YVR

About $250 each in taxes + $150 each in change fees.
I tried to do the o/j from CXN but it was just over the MPM.

Dues to cancellation of IST-YYZ, we're now rerouted
IST-FRA-YYZ

In addition more seat opened up HKT-BKK. All segments are now in J.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Dues to cancellation of IST-YYZ, we're now rerouted
IST-FRA-YYZ

In addition more seat opened up HKT-BKK. All segments are now in J.
Was this specific to your itinerary or did they cancel the route? That was a very nice midpoint for me towards SEA..
Old May 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by flyCsG
Was this specific to your itinerary or did they cancel the route? That was a very nice midpoint for me towards SEA..
Route was cancelled. Unfortunately no space on TK.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Futura
big fan of this route!
Mix of aeroplan and united. Didn't require ANA although I did check to see.
I had wanted to do a F reward for a bit and things just worked out well for my holidays next Feb. I am stoked! A380F, hopefully at least 1 Thai 747 upgraded F and then ANA 777 F.

The one segment GMP-HND the flight I wanted 787 ANA wasn't visible on the one-way seg but was on a GMP-hnd-CTS one and she was able to find it.

Also ICN and GMP were apparently not sister airports. She was able to confirm that she could book those two on one ticket and not as an open jaw...but by that point I had seen the other routing with the long bangkok/osaka layovers and that was very appealing.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:36 pm

(OZ) JFK-ICN F A380

(OZ) KIX-GMP J STOP

(NH) GMP-HND J STOP
(NH) HND-JFK F

Sweet!
When is your travel dates? Trying to see how long out to book these.

I want to book a similar trip to go from YYZ to SYD. Don't really need F, J is fine, but if F is available would do a few extra legs for that. Able to find J from YYZ to SYD...but having a hard time returning from SYD back to YYZ in J or higher. So your route gives some hints on what is available.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by Commie
Sweet!

I want to book a similar trip to go from YYZ to SYD. Don't really need F, J is fine, but if F is available would do a few extra legs for that. Able to find J from YYZ to SYD...but having a hard time returning from SYD back to YYZ in J or higher. So your route gives some hints on what is available.
You can try SYD-LAX-YYZ. I had a different route booked (SYD-BKK-TPE-YYZ) but then found this one come available 3 weeks prior to travel (mid May) - so switched immediately. The new UA Polaris J product is pretty good and well AC J is as good as can be expected.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Sweet!

Feb/Mar 2018. Gonna be in Korea for the Olympics and ski Niseko!
Old May 26, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Futura
big fan of this route!
Aeroplan site is providing limited routes. Looking at ZRH-YUL on June 15 and no direct flight is available on AP J reward but United shows it and ANA shows it as available. Other routes and dates have similar situations. Have not called the center yet. I need to change a routing to an earlier date that I have booked before. The overall return trip is as follows:

CPH-EWR-YUL-YOW stop
YOW-YYZ-YYC

Need to change to an earlier date with YOW stopover. Flexible dates but would prefer eliminating USA transfer. Checking individual segments but AP has limited options whereas United sites shows alternative on many segments. If AP does not show availability, does it mean no go?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Looking at ZRH-YUL on June 15 and no direct flight is available on AP J reward but United shows it and ANA shows it as available. Other routes and dates have similar situations. Have not called the center yet. I need to change a routing to an earlier date that I have booked before. The overall return trip is as follows:
Swiss is blocked by AC/AE, so yes, its a no go.
LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:25 am

When searching on the United sites, if it shows Business Standard Award, does that mean its bookable by calling into AE?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
When searching on the United sites, if it shows Business Standard Award, does that mean its bookable by calling into AE?
No, only saver (X/I/O)
Old May 26, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Swiss is blocked by AC/AE, so yes, its a no go.
LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?
OK, saw that before.... should have taken that into account and not provide this example. Will keep looking for other options.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:01 am

Last minute mini-rtw (I was extremely frustrated on Friday for not having the ability to piece it together, and now I’m counting down the hours ☺).

YXE-YYZ (AC) FIESTA
YYZ-TPE (BR) STOP
TPE-SZX-BKK (ZH) STOP
BKK-VIE (BR)
VIE-LIS (TP) STOP
LIS-EWR-YYZ (UA)
YYZ-YXE (AC)

$313.28 + charge to compensate for the fact that you beat the system. However, the agent was the most efficient I have dealt with during an initial booking call.

I know this is for ‘mini-rtw’ posts, but I’m gonna add this itin anyways… it’s a one-way booked earlier this month for September:

SPU-ZAG (OU)
ZAG-IST-ORD (TK)
ORD-YYZ-YXE (AC)

$85.12+ charge to compensate for the fact that you beat the system.

Note: I mentioned early in the call that it’s silly to pay a booking fee for a non-multistop return ticket, but a one-way flight that I worked out on my own, and spoon fed the results for it to be booked. On this booking the agent actually sarcastically asked me if I was going to complain about the extra $30 fee after she totalled the taxes and surcharges because they were 'so low'… I said ‘well that’s my hard work and research, but ya whatever.’ Unfortunately, she claimed the ORD-YYZ booking class I requested wasn’t avail, which I protested was. Since the call center was only open for another 10 minutes (which I was reminded of), I said OK, whatever, book it.

However, I called in the next day to remedy the problem because the fare I wanted was still avail. The woman I spoke with was the coolest, bestesstttt and most personable AE agent I have ever chatted with. Quite honestly, she was my favourite CSR for any company I have ever dealt with. Wish I could sit down for a beer with her in Split!

Last edited by LoveGlobeTrottin; May 29, 2017 at 5:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.