Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerryhung
Wiki Link
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 17, 17, 2:25 pm

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by hearna View Post
hmm, booked yeg-bkk-mel mel-akl-yeg I have 2 tg flights tpe to bkk and bkk mel and it didnt incure any YQ, only YQ was 300ish for akl-yeg
Interesting. I've always seen YQ change based on having TG flights previously. Agent and I went through some combos adding/removing TG flights which is how we came up with that number.

Also.. AKL-YEG? There's a direct AKL-YEG? I thought I looked up and down from AUS to Canada and didn't find such a direct flight.

Or did you leave out a connection (which obviously could contribute to YQ)?
Old Mar 17, 17, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by infy9001 View Post
Also.. AKL-YEG? There's a direct AKL-YEG? I thought I looked up and down from AUS to Canada and didn't find such a direct flight.

There's definitely a connection (or two) left out there. AKL-YVR-YEG, AKL-SFO-YYC-YEG, etc...

There's also no YEG-BKK direct
Old Mar 21, 17, 1:45 am

Just booked this for 155k and ~260+30 cad
i think there was only 40 for lot yq.

Sgn-bkk-arn-waw TG JJ LO "J" (stop #1)
waw-cdg LO "J" (~23 hrs)
cdg-zrh-fco LX "JJ" (stop #2)
fco-ewr-cle UA J/e (POT/destination)
cle-ewr-osl-bkk-sgn UA/SK/TG/TG eJJJ

without the UA stopover policy i think this is one of the better *A redemptions. I think my next one will include australia as that is the gem. No YQ on these thai flights... Very useful.
Old Mar 21, 17, 11:46 am

Interesting. I've always seen YQ change based on having TG flights previously. Agent and I went through some combos adding/removing TG flights which is how we came up with that number.

Clearly you don't understand how YQ works... its based on your city pairing so regardless of connections, if you involve any YQ carrier then you get charged origin to destination you get slammed with that YQ. so I am flying AKL-BNE-YVR-YEG. AKL-BNE, no YQ, BNE-YVR is 99$, YVR-YEG is 28$ however my YQ is 300$ (AKL-YEG).

It seems like Intra Asia and Asia-Australia flights are not triggering YQ on TG.
Old Mar 22, 17, 3:46 am

I just booked a ticket with no TG YQ asia-europe and North america to asia via europe (eur-asia on tg) see up a few posts for exact routing.
Old Mar 22, 17, 4:47 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Since May 1st 2016 TG has eliminated YQ on premium classes for award tickets (not sure if they reduced YQ on Y award tickets). Aeroplan continued collecting YQ on TG flights up until last month when I searched for TG flights. I just did a dummy booking for CDG-BKK in TG first class and the breakdown no longer shows YQ.
Old Mar 22, 17, 6:35 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by moops380 View Post
I just booked a ticket with no TG YQ asia-europe and North america to asia via europe (eur-asia on tg) see up a few posts for exact routing.
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post
Since May 1st 2016 TG has eliminated YQ on premium classes for award tickets (not sure if they reduced YQ on Y award tickets). Aeroplan continued collecting YQ on TG flights up until last month when I searched for TG flights. I just did a dummy booking for CDG-BKK in TG first class and the breakdown no longer shows YQ.
That's great news (for us)
I'll update my signature thread to reflect that also
Thanks for the data points
Old Mar 22, 17, 1:41 pm

Toronto - Sydney (for the search results)

YYZ-TPE (BR)
TPE-SIN (BR)
SIN-KUL (SQ) stop
KUL-BKK (TG)
BKK-SYD (TG) destination
SYD-ICN (TG)
ICN-TPE (BR)
TPE-YYZ (BR)

YQ was 500! AP agent told me 300 was due to TG flights.

Changed later to:
YYZ-TPE (BR)
TPE-SIN (BR)
SIN-KUL (SQ) stop
KUL-BKK (TG)
BKK-SYD (TG) destination
SYD-LAX (UA)
LAX-YYZ (AC)

YQ was 300.. so more stomachable. 160k in J.
Update.

Swapped out the last TG legs for SQ so now reads:
YYZ-TPE (BR)
TPE-SIN (BR)
SIN-KUL (SQ) stop
KUL-SIN (SQ)
SIN-SYD (SQ) destination
SYD-LAX (UA)
LAX-YYZ (AC)

Total taxes down to CAD$200..now that's more like it!
Old Mar 22, 17, 2:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Update.

Swapped out the last TG legs for SQ so now reads:
YYZ-TPE (BR)
TPE-SIN (BR)
SIN-KUL (SQ) stop
KUL-SIN (SQ)
SIN-SYD (SQ) destination
SYD-LAX (UA)
LAX-YYZ (AC)

Total taxes down to CAD$200..now that's more like it!
Did you really change TWICE (and paid $100+tax twice)? hopefully only for 1 ticket
so it was $500 > $300 > $200
Old Mar 22, 17, 4:47 pm

That final itinerary looks invalid and shouldn't have been accepted, you're going through Singapore twice out of Kuala Lumpur with your destination in Sydney? Unless Aeroplan considered Kuala Lumpur is the real destination and Sydney is a stop.
Old Mar 24, 17, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
Did you really change TWICE (and paid $100+tax twice)? hopefully only for 1 ticket
so it was $500 > $300 > $200
Sadly, yes. Changed it twice. I booked the original ticket 8 months ago as I needed to secure *something* and only saw these specific legs (that i changed) come up available the past couple weeks. Obviously would have changed them both at once if available, but never seems to work out that way for me. In fact I was so surprised I actually got a seat on the SYD-LAX leg. Then decided to search the KUL-SYD leg to see if i can get it via SIN for a day stopover and moving the date earlier by a day so I get into SYD earlier.. and voila.. it came available.

So net.. yeah.. only a savings of a couple hundred bucks at the end of the day after paying the fees, but at least i ultimately got what i wanted and still saved some money.
Old Mar 24, 17, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
That final itinerary looks invalid and shouldn't have been accepted, you're going through Singapore twice out of Kuala Lumpur with your destination in Sydney? Unless Aeroplan considered Kuala Lumpur is the real destination and Sydney is a stop.
You're right. I totally missed that. I guess the agent did too. Perhaps it's because of the multiple changes I made or that I only changed certain segments at a time. I guess I have the AP agent to thank much for overlooking this. Which also says that the rule is not automation based but more of a process guide... or..maybe it's automated but there are ways around the rule.
Old Mar 28, 17, 5:09 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Booked Asia1-Europe1.

HND-KIX-TPE, 23h30 layover
TPE-VIE (via BKK), 8 hour layover
VIE-GVA, dinner in Geneva, overnight
GVA-ZRH (on the CSeries, woohoo!), 24h10 min in ZRH, first stop (I could've saved the stop by taking a later flight, but really wanted the CSeries, and it's only the first flight per day....). Car museum in France, car museum in eastern Austria, visit Liechtenstein to check off a country I've not been to.
ZRH-KRK, 2 days in KRK - Polish aviation museum, car museum, and Tatra museum in neighbouring Czechia!
KRK-WAW, overnight in WAW
WAW-BRU-NCE, destination, visit Monaco to use my Fairmont night and Italy for that Wyndham promo!
NCE-VIE, full day in VIE
VIE-PEK, 8 hours in PEK
PEK-HND

Not sure how this is a vacation, but you know.
Old Mar 28, 17, 5:11 pm

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Is there a way to spend 160K but instead of a destination in Australia, its a layover?
Cause I am really looking at YVR-MIA-PVG-YYZ-YVR but we know thats not possible but if I put in Peru or Sydney as a 24 hour connection seems like could squeeze into MPM, could that make it work?

Otherwise it would 175K with 11 Hours in awful AC Y

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Mar 28, 17 at 5:17 pm
Old Mar 28, 17, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Booked Asia1-Europe1.

HND-KIX-TPE, 23h30 layover
TPE-VIE (via BKK), 8 hour layover
VIE-GVA, dinner in Geneva, overnight
GVA-ZRH (on the CSeries, woohoo!), 24h10 min in ZRH, first stop (I could've saved the stop by taking a later flight, but really wanted the CSeries, and it's only the first flight per day....). Car museum in France, car museum in eastern Austria, visit Liechtenstein to check off a country I've not been to.
ZRH-KRK, 2 days in KRK - Polish aviation museum, car museum, and Tatra museum in neighbouring Czechia!
KRK-WAW, overnight in WAW
WAW-BRU-NCE, destination, visit Monaco to use my Fairmont night and Italy for that Wyndham promo!
NCE-VIE, full day in VIE
VIE-PEK, 8 hours in PEK
PEK-HND

Not sure how this is a vacation, but you know.
Nicely done. Hopefully you'll share your car pics...seeing you'll be visiting car museums.

Search this Thread