Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by moops380
Thanks, glad I won't be completely wasting my time on the phone for that. (Swiss and germanwings fly there)

A sidenote, germanwings (by lufthansa) flights are available at united.bomb but do not show up on aeroplan, anyone have any experience booking germanwings on an aeroplan ticket?

Germanwings used to not be bookable with united points but now they are.

Another small carrier, Air Dolomiti (EN) is 100% owned by Lufthansa but cannot be booked with united miles (about 2 years ago you could do that), I would assume the same goes for aeroplan. I'd love to be surprised however.
I don't know if you can book award flights on Germanwings with Aeroplan miles, although it's an Aeroplan partner (you earn AP on their flights).

By the way, the United MP page about Air Dolomiti still says you can book award flights on EN:
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=646
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:40 am

I guess I've never called in to ask. 0 flights show online for EN so

"You can book award travel on Air Dolomiti through united.com."

is incorrect.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
I guess I've never called in to ask. 0 flights show online for EN so

"You can book award travel on Air Dolomiti through united.com."

is incorrect.
Can anyone (e.g. M&M) book award travel on EN though? You always need availability to book award travel, maybe EN just never has availability?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by barneyg_
Can anyone (e.g. M&M) book award travel on EN though? You always need availability to book award travel, maybe EN just never has availability?
I've flown on EN booked with Aeroplan miles, but it was an LH flight number. Maybe that's the only way to.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:38 pm

was able to book my first mini-rtw last night, after being on hold for 1 hour and then spending another 1.5 hours booking the actual reward. Very annoying is the agent kept saying their new computer systems act up and even had to redo my whole itinerary when i wanted to change a leg to reduce the YQ, Kudos to the agent who was patient and very helpful but here's what I booked:

YYZ-ORD-PEK-TPE (Stop)-SIN-DPS (Dest)-SIN-PEK-VIE (Stop)-IST-YYZ

all in J and total YQ / Fees of $300
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by sxc234
was able to book my first mini-rtw last night, after being on hold for 1 hour and then spending another 1.5 hours booking the actual reward. Very annoying is the agent kept saying their new computer systems act up and even had to redo my whole itinerary when i wanted to change a leg to reduce the YQ, Kudos to the agent who was patient and very helpful but here's what I booked:

YYZ-ORD-PEK-TPE (Stop)-SIN-DPS (Dest)-SIN-PEK-VIE (Stop)-IST-YYZ

all in J and total YQ / Fees of $300
Good job, good routing
For so little fee, gonna guess it's mostly UA, BR, SQ, TK for the long-hauls

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=YYZ-ORD...EK-VIE-IST-YYZ
25463 miles
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Good job, good routing
For so little fee, gonna guess it's mostly UA, BR, SQ, TK for the long-hauls

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=YYZ-ORD...EK-VIE-IST-YYZ
25463 miles
Yup, bang on plus a CA flight for PEK-VIE. I originally had an AC leg from YYZ-PEK but they wanted $450 more.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Just booked my second "real" mini-RTW. First in J (other was in F) and first since the new MPM system.

Didn't maximize my stops, because this was a "just for fun" kind of booking, flying around the world in three and a half days or so.

YYZ-ADD-DXB-BKK-SIN (stop)-PEK-YVR-YYZ

ET 788, ET 788, TG 333, TG 787, CA 333, AC 788, AC 321

First time on ET or CA. First time on TG 787, barring equipment change.

I believe that will mean I still have to "collect" UA and AV 787s to have flown all current *A 787s, again, assuming TG doesn't pull a switcheroo on BKK-SIN, as they are wont to do.

YQ/surcharges of $292, thanks to TG.

7:40 layover in DXB. Is that enough time to be bothered to go into town and take a quick look-see?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
YYZ-ADD-DXB-BKK-SIN (stop)-PEK-YVR-YYZ

7:40 layover in DXB. Is that enough time to be bothered to go into town and take a quick look-see?
Did you get charged Africa/MEast or Asia 1 mileage?

And yes, its more than enough for a looksee - the *A lounge in DXB is pitiful.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Did you get charged Africa/MEast or Asia 1 mileage?
I think it's Asia 1, because ADD-BKK-SIN-PEK-YVR-YYZ has to be way over MPM for ADD-YYZ, but YYZ-ADD-BKK-SIN is within MPM for YYZ-SIN.

But both YYZ-SIN or YYZ-ADD are 150K in J.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And yes, its more than enough for a looksee - the *A lounge in DXB is pitiful.
Thanks for the intel. Time to do some layover research.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:19 am

delete

Last edited by jasonkevin77; Aug 16, 2019 at 9:49 am Reason: delete
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by jasonkevin77
Just wondering if this is a valid routing ( I think it will be )

YEG -> SFO -> NRT -> CTS (TURN AROUND)
CTS - > NRT - > HNL (STOP)

ONE WAY INTERNAL FLIGHT PAID OUT OF POCKET

KOA - > SFO -> YEG

Not sure for AP if you can take internal Hawaiian flights. My assumption is you cannot therefore I'll do a one way paid out of pocket.

Now KOA flys back to the US Westcoast. Do I have to go back to HNL or could I continue on from KOA ?

Avaliablity is going to be the biggest issue as we are wanting to go in December. Ski and Surf trip
The routing in general sounds okay but I don't think you can do an open-jaw in Hawaii. Open-jaw is supposed to be either at the point of origin or the destination. However, I've seen some people here say that it can be agent-dependent (i.e., if you're lucky, an agent will allow it). Otherwise, sounds like you'll have to head back to HNL for the return unless there's availability on AE for internal Hawaii flights (i.e., HNL-KOA but I suspect not) since you're allowed the destination + two stopovers or destination + 1 stopover + 1 open-jaw.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked a client to day for 2x160k + $450ish tax (no YQ - just stupid high Aus/France tax)

YYZ-IAH-PEK-SIN AC/CA/SQ
stop
SIN-SYD SQ
dest
SYD-SIN-BKK-IST-CDG SQ/SQ/TK/TK
stop
CDG-ZRH-BOS-YYZ LX/LX/AC

All in business for 5 weeks late May to early July

Clocks in just under the MPM quoted in the MPM thread.

Happy campers all around
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:07 pm

Is Singapore releasing Australia j seats greater than fourteen days in advance again then?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimsona
Is Singapore releasing Australia j seats greater than fourteen days in advance again then?
I guess so!
Lots of 773 and A330 seats. SYD was spotty, but MEL daily.

Not a single TPAC seat on UA metal all of June, in either direction to be found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.