Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Eliminating MPM5 as of Oct 29?

Aeroplan Eliminating MPM5 as of Oct 29?

Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
"The computer doesnt price, cant do" may become a very frustrating response.
Computer says "no" - http://youtu.be/WOdjCb4LwQY
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Unfortunately ran out of time to HUCA, so hopefully they haven't just taken away my YUL-IST-Wherever Eurotrip for next fall.
FWIW, just ran a YUL-ZRH search, and it's still giving me the YUL-IST-ZRH option on TK.

ETA: also works with BRU.

Last edited by Twickenham; Oct 29, 2014 at 8:53 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:02 am

Seems the routing rules might have changed, as now max miles permitted is 15540 for yyz-syd, apparently.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham
FWIW, just ran a YUL-ZRH search, and it's still giving me the YUL-IST-ZRH option on TK.

ETA: also works with BRU.
Unfortunately, having it show up doesn't mean anything.

In multi city I could select:
YVR-SYD-AKL
AKL-PVG-SIN
SIN-HKG-YVR

But when trying to check out there's a new window that says too many flight miles.

Hell even
YVR-FRA-SIN-YVR gets me:

Your current flight selection exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please start a new search and select more direct flights (if available).

EDIT: take that back, only specific combos are excluded.

YVR-LHR-FRA, FRA-PEK-SIN, SIN-HND-YVR is accepted.

Last edited by crimsona; Oct 29, 2014 at 11:02 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:54 am

Maybe getting rid of MPM5 means they went to MPM instead, with the computer calculating it. Or alternatively they messed up the update.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by crimsona
Unfortunately, having it show up doesn't mean anything.

In multi city I could select:
YVR-SYD-AKL
AKL-PVG-SIN
SIN-HKG-YVR

But when trying to check out there's a new window that says too many flight miles.

Hell even
YVR-FRA-SIN-YVR gets me:

Your current flight selection exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please start a new search and select more direct flights (if available).
Strange - I was just able to price out YUL-YVR-SYD, SYD-BKK-DEL-IST, IST-YUL. Maybe going thru IST on TK is the key as TK has published routes to pretty much anywhere?

Originally Posted by claurianta2
Maybe getting rid of MPM5 means they went to MPM instead, with the computer calculating it. Or alternatively they messed up the update.
What, AE messing up an IT update? What are the odds...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:23 am

Looks like they are killing some mini-rtw routing, e.g North America-Europe-Asia
I just tried YVR-IST-HKG-YVR and it comes with the following "error message"

The stopover you have requested between your departure city and destination city exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please choose a different stopover city.

It used to be ok before today.
Can anyone confirm too?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by hktramz
Looks like they are killing some mini-rtw routing, e.g North America-Europe-Asia
I just tried YVR-IST-HKG-YVR and it comes with the following "error message"

The stopover you have requested between your departure city and destination city exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please choose a different stopover city.

It used to be ok before today.
Can anyone confirm too?
Have you tried YVR-HKG-IST-YVR? If that works, it could be that the new "logic" determines that first city is your destination and the second your stopover. In that case it would, in your example, trying to calculate (YVR-IST)+(IST-HKG-YVR) which would be over MPM5, as opposed to the correct (YVR-IST-HKG)+(HKG-YVR) which would be within MPM5.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:50 am

YVR-HKG-IST-YVR:

ClassicFlight Reward
ClassicFlight Rewards are not valid for your requested itinerary. Rollover the icon for more details.

Routing Restriction
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by claurianta2
Have you tried YVR-HKG-IST-YVR? If that works, it could be that the new "logic" determines that first city is your destination and the second your stopover. In that case it would, in your example, trying to calculate (YVR-IST)+(IST-HKG-YVR) which would be over MPM5, as opposed to the correct (YVR-IST-HKG)+(HKG-YVR) which would be within MPM5.
Sadly, it doesn't work..however, it works when replacing YVR with YYZ.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by alc
I just do a search for YYZ-HKG-CDG-YYZ for a random dates in April and it came up without issue as, so either (a) the changes doesn't affect Mini-RTW (b) the changes got delay
Have you gotten that toprice @125k miles? I tried similar routings last night and it wanted 145k every time (for F)
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:58 am

I just tried YVR-DPS-FLR-YVR which worked before the changes. Now after selecting the third leg, this message pops up:
"Your current flight selection exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please start a new search and select more direct flights (if available)."

Wonder if there is an overall mileage allowed, not just MPM?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:01 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I booked the following last night:

India Award.

MLE (POT) -BLR-DEL (stop)
DEL-IST-YUL-YVR.

Validated no problem with the agent via a check of the route before actually providing the exact flight numbers.

Could it be that AE is eliminating "via Europe" bookings for Asia 1/2?

I had no discussion surrounding changes as I wanted to get my ticket and run. (Laughing)
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I booked the following last night:

India Award.

MLE (POT) -BLR-DEL (stop)
DEL-IST-YUL-YVR.

Validated no problem with the agent via a check of the route before actually providing the exact flight numbers.

Could it be that AE is eliminating "via Europe" bookings for Asia 1/2?
Not totally..flights from east coast seems all work.
I was suspecting all departure from west coasts must be transpacific to Asia ; however it is not the imposed rules either.

These are the flights that I tried:
Valid: (the airport code herein is the place of stopover/destination/departure, for simplicity I omitted the layover point)
LAX-FRA-HKG-LAX
LAX-LHR-HKG-LAX

Not Valid:
SFO-FRA-HKG-SFO
LAX-IST-HKG-LAX
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:09 am
alc

Just did another search for YYZ-HNL-HKG-YYZ for a random dates in April and it got the "exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted" message.

When I change HKG to SIN, I can get the following itinerary

April 15 - YYZ-LAX (AC791) LAX-HNL (UA342)
April 22 - HNL-NRT (UA879) NRT-SIN (UA803)
April 29 - SIN-LHR (SQ322) LHR-YYZ (AC869)

Tax:
U.S. Passenger Safety Fee $12.40
U.S Agriculture Fee $5.50
U.S.A Immigration User Fee $7.70
U.S. Customs User Fee $6.10
Nav Canada - Air Navigation Services $30.00
Canada Domestic/International Airport Improvement Fee $25.00
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax $3.25
Canada Domestic/International Air Travel Security Charge $25.91
Japan Passenger Facilities Charge $10.60
Narita Passenger Security Service Charge (intl) $5.30
U.S Passenger Facility Charge $5.00
Fuel Surcharge $250.00
U.K. Domestic/International Passenger Service Charge $61.10
Singapore Passenger Service Charge $17.30
Singapore Aviation Levy $5.30
Singapore Passenger Security Service Charge $7.00

Total per passenger $477.46

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.