Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
You are confirming what I posted up thread. It was UA flight # issued on 014 by AE.
UA flight had its own PNR. Thus you can add it.
No, it was an AC flight number for an AC operated flight on a 014 ticket issued by Aeroplan.

There was no United on the ticket at all.

The YYZ MLL agent added it before we boarded YYZ-LAX.

================

On another somewhat related matter, this is the SECOND time I've had this happen in the past year, and while I don't recall exactly how many times I've done a SDC on an Aeroplan ticket, I suspect it's at most 3, but maybe as high as 5. So still really bad.

I called right after midnight to do a SDC. My original OLCI boarding pass showed a ticket number and S100K. The concierge said she had checked me in, so I went to bed.

This morning, I tried OLCI again, and it failed right away. Meh.

At the airport, the agent prints my boarding pass and my bag tag, and what do I notice? COUPON REQUIRED. She felt really bad, because she'd circled/ticked various parts of the BP, including where the ticket number should have been

So she fixed that, printed a new one, and then I noticed neither boarding pass showed S100K. She thought nothing of it, because I was in the US priority check-in line (there was no one manning the counter to open the SE line, and there was only one person in the priority line, so I just used it), and J entitles me to priority. And I almost missed it because of the priority tag.

So she adds my Aeroplan number (easily, and it worked), and reprints the boarding pass and the bag tag.

She commented how I was really on my game. And she said "I'll never forget you, Mr. cow!" as I walked away

But that's a really annoying problem with same day changes on Aeroplan tickets that I keep running into. I lose my ticket number, and I lose my status (when in J, that's only good for concierges monitoring things and getting rebooked if the flight is cancelled before the gate hoard overwhelms the agents, and meal priority).

The need to fix this SDC crap.

Also, I'm very tempted to just not say anything next time and let the GA handle it. Maybe if GAs start complaining more about agent-printed boarding passes showing COUPON REQUIRED, the agents who print boarding passes will pay more attention.

My record for "no one noticing" is an agent printing it, and me giving it to a concierge for lounge access, and even I didn't notice it until it was handed back. But seriously, this should be like TSA Pre✓. If it prints with no valid coupon, it should go BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No, it was an AC flight number for an AC operated flight on a 014 ticket issued by Aeroplan.

There was no United on the ticket at all.

The YYZ MLL agent added it before we boarded YYZ-LAX.

================

On another somewhat related matter, this is the SECOND time I've had this happen in the past year, and while I don't recall exactly how many times I've done a SDC on an Aeroplan ticket, I suspect it's at most 3, but maybe as high as 5. So still really bad.

I called right after midnight to do a SDC. My original OLCI boarding pass showed a ticket number and S100K. The concierge said she had checked me in, so I went to bed.

This morning, I tried OLCI again, and it failed right away. Meh.

At the airport, the agent prints my boarding pass and my bag tag, and what do I notice? COUPON REQUIRED. She felt really bad, because she'd circled/ticked various parts of the BP, including where the ticket number should have been

So she fixed that, printed a new one, and then I noticed neither boarding pass showed S100K. She thought nothing of it, because I was in the US priority check-in line (there was no one manning the counter to open the SE line, and there was only one person in the priority line, so I just used it), and J entitles me to priority. And I almost missed it because of the priority tag.

So she adds my Aeroplan number (easily, and it worked), and reprints the boarding pass and the bag tag.

She commented how I was really on my game. And she said "I'll never forget you, Mr. cow!" as I walked away

But that's a really annoying problem with same day changes on Aeroplan tickets that I keep running into. I lose my ticket number, and I lose my status (when in J, that's only good for concierges monitoring things and getting rebooked if the flight is cancelled before the gate hoard overwhelms the agents, and meal priority).

The need to fix this SDC crap.

Also, I'm very tempted to just not say anything next time and let the GA handle it. Maybe if GAs start complaining more about agent-printed boarding passes showing COUPON REQUIRED, the agents who print boarding passes will pay more attention.

My record for "no one noticing" is an agent printing it, and me giving it to a concierge for lounge access, and even I didn't notice it until it was handed back. But seriously, this should be like TSA Pre✓. If it prints with no valid coupon, it should go BEEP BEEP BEEP.
99.9% of my tixs both with AC & UA are revenue. I do not have to deal with AE cr**p. My immediate family prefer United on all their international travel in First so I try to accommodate them by booking them on United First followed by LH & SQ First. To avoid dealing with AE Cr**p
For travel from YWG-YYZ-YWG is only time I book AE award tixs for my immediate family.
Only time I book International AC awards are for my cousins or close friends. Which is why I have million AE miles at any given time.

Having read your issues in this post, I am dreading 2016 travel & onwards within Canada. Having decided to give up my SE & revenue to AC, will be using my AE miles to book my business travel. Silver lining will garnish lots of goodwill from my clients as they will not be billed for my travel within Canada.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Why is it so difficult for AC/AE?

For all booking classes show & print FF #
and If booking class is X or I then Miles = 0
or else post miles according to mileage accumulation table

On a side note, my buddy went to the Boarding gate agent and told him that he is a Star Gold, the agent told him not to worry that he will board in Zone 2. Flight was on Dec 24 to GRU. I just felt frustrated at the whole experience, Star Gold being treated like a second class citizen by a 3rd class check in agent.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64

On a side note, my buddy went to the Boarding gate agent and told him that he is a Star Gold, the agent told him not to worry that he will board in Zone 2. Flight was on Dec 24 to GRU. I just felt frustrated at the whole experience, Star Gold being treated like a second class citizen by a 3rd class check in agent.
The "problem" is in IRROPS when you're rebooked from X to Y or I to J.

They don't want you to earn miles there.

I'm not saying I agree, but it has nothing to do with earning mikes on XIO fares.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I'm not saying I agree, but it has nothing to do with earning mikes on XIO fares.
You saying for possible IRROPS AC status members & *A Gold are denied their benefits?

Me think it is more like money grab. Baggage fees comes to mind.

For every 1 Elite insisting @ check-in to add their FF# I bet there are 10 who would not bother. Know AC mentality of nickle & Diming I would not be surprise baggage fees are collection is the reason.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
If you really want to know what happens to fliers on Aeroplan tickets (their own or from other accounts) who are denied benefits or not receiving the ones they should with their OWN Altitude status, then I suggest we have a Wiki.

You can all argue about it, but unless we do it ourselves, there will be no pattern and proof other then occasional reports.

Look at the On-board WIFI thread. Who has done all the work putting together a list? AC FTers !!! Not Air Canada. AC knows exactly which aircraft have the wifi and when it was installed. Crew may not be up to date on whether it is working properly, but AC knows all.

Did they post a list here? No
They could have but chose not to. Why is that?

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 3, 2016 at 9:49 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But wait a minute, LH booked me from I to J and gave me full miles, that was due to IIROPS 2 years ago. They cancelled my MUC to FRA flight for a connection to DEL. They then rebooked us on MUC-BOM-DEL and the best surprise, in "C"!!! They also routed us on Jet in J from BOM to DEL, our ultimate destination. I have proof of it. That is one classy airline!!!

35 08/03/2013 Lufthansa Munich-Mumbai (MUC - BOM) - LH0764 - C 7830

This was an award booking made with mileage purchased from the now defunct US Airways.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 4, 2016 at 8:54 am
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:51 pm

But wait a minute, LH booked me from I to J and gave me full miles, that was due to IIROPS 2 years ago. They cancelled my MUC to FRA flight for a connection to DEL. They then rebooked us on MUC-BOM-DEL and the best surprise, in "C"!!! They also routed us on Jet in J from BOM to DEL, our ultimate destination. I have proof of it. That is one classy airline!!!

35 08/03/2013 Lufthansa Munich-Mumbai (MUC - BOM) - LH0764 - C 7830

This was an award booking made with mileage purchased from the now defunct US Airways.
Yes, that's how it works in every other program, and hence why I put the word "problem" in quotes
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Haha yea post back in here and let us know ^

I have a reward ticket (someone else's points) in 10 days.
It wasn't a problem, check-in agent was friendly, status on my BP.

Uneventful / lucky.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D404
It wasn't a problem, check-in agent was friendly, status on my BP.

Uneventful / lucky.
This is really very odd. How did they do it? I was told by check in and AC reservations that no its not possible.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
This is really very odd. How did they do it? I was told by check in and AC reservations that no its not possible.
Depends which thing you are specifically referring to? Whose points and what kind of FF#, and IRROPS or not, and which operating carrier. This thread is kind of a mess of a few conversations at once.

For me it was an AP reward from my points, using my AE#, IRROPS (flight delay would cause misconnect), operating carrier being AC.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D404
Depends which thing you are specifically referring to? Whose points and what kind of FF#, and IRROPS or not, and which operating carrier. This thread is kind of a mess of a few conversations at once.

For me it was an AP reward from my points, using my AE#, IRROPS (flight delay would cause misconnect), operating carrier being AC.
This was an A3 award booked on AC metal. The person whose miles were used is a Star Gold or A3 Gold.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally found a smart AC agent. I called the French line and got an agent who was able to add the FF # to the flight. Just incredible all the lies and stupidity you hear from untrained agents.

Last edited by Braindrain; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:01 am
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by djjaguar
I finally found a smart AC agent. I called the French line and got an agent who was able to add the FF # to the flight. Just incredible all the lies and stupidity you hear from untrained agents.
Never had this problem. Book around 25 to 30 AE flights per year and every agents add a AE number to the flight/ticket without problems.

Last edited by Braindrain; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:01 am
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold

poor training and unmotivated employees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.