Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon with Aeroplan Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Honeymoon with Aeroplan Miles

Hi Everyone,

We are booking our Honeymoon through the Aeroplan Rewards website and would like to travel during the months of January, February and March at an affordable rate and using aeroplan point rebates.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can go about booking our Honeymoon to get the best bang for our buck?

We have not done much traveling and have not used Reward miles for travel yet.

Looking forward to advice and suggestions,

Thank you,^
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Welcome to FT. Where would you like to go? Are you looking for business class or economy travel? In either case, it'll be difficult to get two tickets now. Usually we book out a year in advance (at least for business class travel). Let us know!

If you want to go to Asia, you might luck out on Eva Air without surcharges!. Although i'm not too sure how romantic that'll be...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by coffeytime
Hi Everyone,

We are booking our Honeymoon through the Aeroplan Rewards website and would like to travel during the months of January, February and March at an affordable rate and using aeroplan point rebates.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can go about booking our Honeymoon to get the best bang for our buck?

Thank you,^
Welcome to FT!

Approximately how many miles do you have in your account? This could possibly be a limiting factor. Can't give much advice unless we know what you have to work with.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,

Thank you,^
Depends on what miles you have.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
And also, CONGRATS!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Congrats! Let us know how many miles you have (and whether they're all in one account or whether each of you have different balances - makes a difference). Also, are you looking to hit up a bunch of places for short times or go to just one place and stay there? A city or beach or other? What's your tolerance for connections (the more tolerance the more flexibility on flights of course!)?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:01 pm

# of miles for both of you
departure city?
where you want to go? how many cities? how long?
budget?

many many questions
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
We are booking our Honeymoon
Congrats! And welcome to FT!

Be prepared to be unpleasantly surprised. AE charges a lot of fees when booking points. You may be expecting a free or near free ticket; you most likely will not find it. Do a search here for "scamcharges" and you'll see what I mean.

That said, if it matters not where you go for the honeymoon there may be some hope. As previously mentioned up thread, flying BR (Eva Air) may yield some good results and if I'm not mistaken, TK (Turkish Airlines) can work well too.

Get back to us with more details and we'll be able to help you out a lot more.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone!

Sorry I did not come back yesterday, I was monitoring my e-mail for approval/response and it didn't come lol.

Our points and booking is being covered by my dad, when we browsed he was willing to put in the 170,000 point rebate.

We would be looking to fly out of Thunder Bay,ON or Winnipeg,MB or out of Toronto, ON - then purchase a flight there from one of the two cities.

We found out yesterday that our friends got engaged in Australia, that one would be costly.. But would love to just consider it.

Aside from that caught between ANYWHERE All Inclusive, Uneducated and Unfamiliar with Cruise lines and not sure if maybe round trip flights and figuring the rest out may provide opportunities.

No place we really need to be and it gets really cold in Northwestern Ontario lol
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:56 am
Suspended

Thank you everyone!

Sorry I did not come back yesterday, I was monitoring my e-mail for approval/response and it didn't come lol.

Our points and booking is being covered by my dad, when we browsed he was willing to put in the 170,000 point rebate.

We would be looking to fly out of Thunder Bay,ON or Winnipeg,MB or out of Toronto, ON - then purchase a flight there from one of the two cities.

We found out yesterday that our friends got engaged in Australia, that one would be costly.. But would love to just consider it.

Aside from that caught between ANYWHERE All Inclusive, Uneducated and Unfamiliar with Cruise lines and not sure if maybe round trip flights and figuring the rest out may provide opportunities.

No place we really need to be and it gets really cold in Northwestern Ontario lol
Business class or economy class? FYI, with whole "upgrading because you're on your honeymoon" thing in movies - i've never seen it happen...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

OH - Economy is more than enough!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:08 am
Suspended

Any preferences to where you'd like to go? Do you have a financial budget on the "Free" tickets as they aren't..free...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: AC E50K
If you're thinking about australia one flight you could search for would be YYZ-TPE-Brisbane on EVA. No fuel surcharges and good airline for economy.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Any preferences to where you'd like to go? Do you have a financial budget on the "Free" tickets as they aren't..free...
No real preferences - We've been to Cuba and heading to Mexico for a wedding in 2016 - so avoid there.

Not expecting the trip to be free - Economy class is fine. Looking for an affordable outcome - a bang for our buck with the assistance of the points. All Inclusive, Cruises and Round Trip flights open for consideration. - The more expensive the cost is outside of points the longer we would require to save for the trip.

All options are open for consideration. Just big time Travelling Newbie.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:49 am
Suspended

Do you care if you connect through another airport? Reason being United can get you internationally if you transfer and there's no fuel surcharge, or Eva can get you into the Asian destinations if you transfer from Taipei onwards (HKG, Thailand, China etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.