Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accor 5000 miles bonus PER STAY offer. HOT!!!!!!

Accor 5000 miles bonus PER STAY offer. HOT!!!!!!

Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Cruban
Where did you see details on what properties are excluded? Didn't see any mention of this in the T&Cs.
Thanks.
Answering my own question:
The Aeroplan site has more details than the Accor site:

"Earn 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles around the world

With over 3,500 hotels in 92 countries, you can virtually go anywhere in the world and earn Aeroplan miles, by staying at an Accor property. From now until December 31, 2014, you'll earn 5,000 bonus miles in four easy steps:

Select Aeroplan as your preferred loyalty program in your Le Club Accorhotels membership profile and click on the auto‑conversion preference.
Book and stay at one of the hotels mentioned below to get your bonus miles deposited into your account.
Remember to present your Le Club Accorhotels at check‑in.

From London to Melbourne and New York City, you'll find Accor hotels in cities and suburbs and alongside parks, museums and monuments. Earn your miles whenever you book one of the following properties:

Novotel/Suite Novotel
Sofitel
Pullman
MGallery
Mercure/Grand Mercure
Ibis/Ibis Styles
Adagio/Adagio access
The Sebel

Hurry - book and stay by December 31, 2014."
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cober6711
It seems that all Novotels and Sofitels in Canada would count, and that's all that matters to me

Besides, there are some pretty good weekend rates (around $80) at some of the Novotel properties around here...
Been meaning to do a staycation in town this fall...looks like I know where I'm going.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Cruban
Answering my own question:
The Aeroplan site has more details than the Accor site:

"Earn 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles around the world

With over 3,500 hotels in 92 countries, you can virtually go anywhere in the world and earn Aeroplan miles, by staying at an Accor property. From now until December 31, 2014, you'll earn 5,000 bonus miles in four easy steps:

Select Aeroplan as your preferred loyalty program in your Le Club Accorhotels membership profile and click on the auto‑conversion preference.
Book and stay at one of the hotels mentioned below to get your bonus miles deposited into your account.
Remember to present your Le Club Accorhotels at check‑in.

From London to Melbourne and New York City, you'll find Accor hotels in cities and suburbs and alongside parks, museums and monuments. Earn your miles whenever you book one of the following properties:

Novotel/Suite Novotel
Sofitel
Pullman
MGallery
Mercure/Grand Mercure
Ibis/Ibis Styles
Adagio/Adagio access
The Sebel

Hurry - book and stay by December 31, 2014."
Is this a fairly common promotion with Accor? I'm an SPG Platinum and Hyatt Diamond but would be willing to try out Accor for this.

Also, is there anything to disqualify you from a back to back stay? I've been burned by Avis Car Rentals before and don't want to get burned by fine print again.

e.g. Booking a reservation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the same property would be okay and would qualify for 3 stays, right?

Booking 3 separate reservations from Monday to Wednesday would probably count as only 1 stay, I would imagine?

Thanks for any clarification.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors
Is it 5000 for each stay, or just a one time bonus?

Is there a list of hotels which wouldn't count? Or are excluded? As someone else said the Ibis budget would not be included, but some Ibis would be fine according to the T&C.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Is this a fairly common promotion with Accor? I'm an SPG Platinum and Hyatt Diamond but would be willing to try out Accor for this.

Also, is there anything to disqualify you from a back to back stay? I've been burned by Avis Car Rentals before and don't want to get burned by fine print again.

e.g. Booking a reservation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the same property would be okay and would qualify for 3 stays, right?

Booking 3 separate reservations from Monday to Wednesday would probably count as only 1 stay, I would imagine?

Thanks for any clarification.
If you wanted to to back-to-back nights, you'd have to book one night at one property, and then move to another the next day. For example, you could book one night at say the Mississauga location, and then the next night at the North York location, and then go back to Mississauga or even go to the Vaughan one, for example.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by trademark25
Is it 5000 for each stay, or just a one time bonus?

Is there a list of hotels which wouldn't count? Or are excluded? As someone else said the Ibis budget would not be included, but some Ibis would be fine according to the T&C.
It is PER STAY, and there appears to be no limit. You could technically keep moving hotels each night and it would count.

The T&C are pretty clear on what qualifies.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I am going to try this in Nov. Thanks OP!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Anybody have past experience with no-shows and getting the points/miles?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Hotel Hop in Bali

Ibis Bali Kuta from around $32 Can $ including tax other Accor hotels in the area for for a few more $

Jakarta Accor Hotels can be had for less than $30 Can $ including tax plus breakfast included at some hotels.

Hotel hop for 60 nights for less than $2000 for 300,000 Aeroplan miles

Last edited by Raffles longhaul; Oct 16, 2014 at 7:22 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:38 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Considering all the trouble we go through with SPG just to earn 20,000 points just so we can convert those points into Aeroplan for 25,000 miles, I would have to agree with you! That sounds like a terrific deal!

Any limitations or fine print? If I stay 1 night, I get 5,000 miles?! Is that true?
I personally, would never transfer SPG points into Aeroplan.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by RZR
I personally, would never transfer SPG points into Aeroplan.
Now that I know Accor has bonus offers like these, I won't be either
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
Ibis Bali Kuta from around $32 Can $ including tax other Accor hotels in the area for for a few more $

Jakarta Accor Hotels can be had for less than $30 Can $ including tax plus breakfast included at some hotels.

Hotel hop for 60 nights for less than $2000 for 300,000 Aeroplan miles
You gotta go to Bali first, though !

From places where there are lots of Accor properties eg Bali, Jakarta, Bangkok - to places where there are none.. eg Vancouver !!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:53 am

Angry possibly one time promotion only

I spoke with a le Club guy this afternoon who asked his supervisor who in turn asked her higher-up. Their position is that this is a one-time promotion.

If you read the Aeroplan promotional text, you will not find the wording "per stay". It just says stay and earn 5000 miles. It does not say you can repeat it.

I am at my second stay at Novotel in Athens, but my first stay has not posted yet. I may switch to Miles and More once it posts.

With Miles and More, at least you know for sure you can earn 3500 miles per stay, for up to 10 stays. Personally I think Miles and More miles are more valuable than Aeroplan miles. Maybe 3500 Miles and More miles are almost worth the same as 5000 aeroplan miles.

The only thing is that a qualifying stay for Miles and More promotion is 1 night for Sofitel, 2 nights for Novotel, 4 nights for ibis. That's not a problem for me. I don't do 1 night stay, too much hassle. I don't stay at budget hotels like ibis either.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by atl475
I spoke with a le Club guy this afternoon who asked his supervisor who in turn asked her higher-up. Their position is that this is a one-time promotion.

If you read the Aeroplan promotional text, you will not find the wording "per stay". It just says stay and earn 5000 miles. It does not say you can repeat it.

I am at my second stay at Novotel in Athens, but my first stay has not posted yet. I may switch to Miles and More once it posts.
It is most definitely is a 'per stay' promotion, irregardless of what the Le Club phone agent advised you. The agents with Le Club tend to be perhaps just one competency level above that of the IHG Rewards agents.

I have had 3 post already this month. YMMV.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:08 am

So have you been upgraded to Platinum after 3 stays? You would have earned 30000 points.

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
It is most definitely is a 'per stay' promotion, irregardless of what the Le Club phone agent advised you. The agents with Le Club tend to be perhaps just one competency level above that of the IHG Rewards agents.

I have had 3 post already this month. YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.