Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Inbound segment vanishes from airline website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Here is my situation.
My wife traveled to India on business class in Jan with return scheduled for March 18. The ticket was bought through Priceline, issued by Air Canada, outbound on Air Canada and Inbound on LH. Because of all the confusion due to Covid-19, I have been looking at options. Over the last couple of days, there was no way to make any changes online either on LH or AC websites. Today on the "manage booking" part of the respective websites, the inbound portion has just plain disappeared with no explanation. Priceline / Air Canada / Lufthansa are not taking any calls if the flight is not within 72 hours. What are my options. Any advice / guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I am not worried about waiting till 72 hours before flight. The concern is regarding the inbound portion just vanishing from my confirmation. I thought that was unusual.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 13, 2020 at 4:56 am
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:28 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
What are the flights/dates? Have you checked to see that they're still operating? Have you checked both AC and LH websites? (PNR is the same)

You could also look up the ticket number on the Saudia website if the steps above don't explain it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What are the flights/dates? Have you checked to see that they're still operating? Have you checked both AC and LH websites? (PNR is the same)

You could also look up the ticket number on the Saudia website if the steps above don't explain it.
Yes. I have checked both AC and LH. It is gone at both websites. I tried the ticket number on Saudia per your suggestion. The eticket has the return segment. I guess it is the document that existed when the ticket was originally issued. I guess eticket is a static document while the PNR based info on the website is dynamic. Having said all these, I guess my only hope is to go through the phone (not online) to reschedule / request refund which is 72 hours before departure.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
And have you checked whether the flight is still scheduled to operate? Not sure why it wouldn't be displayed then. If the cow ever gets his tool up and running again (see this thread; currently not working, which is why I didn't suggest it earlier), you could try looking it up there.

​​​​​But if you want to make a change to it, you're almost certainly going to have to phone in regardless, so probably not worth spending too much time on figuring out why it's not showing.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:24 pm

With ongoing mess, I suggest requesting AC to rebook on AC metal BOM-YYZ, DEL-YYZ or DEL-YVR-YYZ (assuming you are based in YYZ). Adjust dates if needed.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:39 pm

BOM-YYZ AC47 nonstop on Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat (until Mar 28)
DEL-YYZ AC43 nonstop daily
DEL-YVR AC45 nonstop daily
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Adam Smith & mileageking for the guidance. Now if only I could get through to Air Canada. I will keep trying. Will keep you all posted.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ramakk
Here is my situation.
My wife traveled to India on business class in Jan with return scheduled for March 18. The ticket was bought through Priceline, issued by Air Canada, outbound on Air Canada and Inbound on LH. Because of all the confusion due to Covid-19, I have been looking at options. Over the last couple of days, there was no way to make any changes online either on LH or AC websites. Today on the "manage booking" part of the respective websites, the inbound portion has just plain disappeared with no explanation. Priceline / Air Canada / Lufthansa are not taking any calls if the flight is not within 72 hours. What are my options. Any advice / guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I am not worried about waiting till 72 hours before flight. The concern is regarding the inbound portion just vanishing from my confirmation. I thought that was unusual.
OK. Here is an update but no resolution. Air Canada says that I need to talk to PriceLine. LH says that they cannot find any seats on LH. Priceline is saying that I have to call within 72 hours of my departure. Since there is no return segment (on priceline as well now) there is no way for me to call 72 hours before departure time because that does not exist. At this point I will be happy to take a refund and try a one way economy ticket. But how do I get to talk to any one. It seems like a huge catch 22. Can somebody please help me with some ideas? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:46 pm

OK. Here is an update but no resolution. Air Canada says that I need to talk to PriceLine. LH says that they cannot find any seats on LH. Priceline is saying that I have to call within 72 hours of my departure. Since there is no return segment (on priceline as well now) there is no way for me to call 72 hours before departure time because that does not exist. At this point I will be happy to take a refund and try a one way economy ticket. But how do I get to talk to any one. It seems like a huge catch 22. Can somebody please help me with some ideas? Thanks.
Is your wife's return flight out of BOM or DEL (or some other city in India)?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Bangalore (BLR)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:01 am

Bangalore (BLR)
Can't see reservation being cancelled without AC/LH/Priceline informing you at some point. Was assuming she was in BOM/DEL and could visit AC desk at either airports or check-in counter to see status of PNR. I did a quick google search on authorized AC official agents in India and one came up in BLR with following address: 101, House Of Lords, 1st Floor, 15-16, St Marks Road, Bengaluru Karnataka 560001 (not sure their Tel #). Not sure if you are close to 72hrs of her original return travel date, I suggest you call AC in Canada and have it escalated to a supervisor if agent isn't able to help with the goal to get her back into Canada ASAP before even AC potentially cancelling flights.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:58 am
Original Poster

AC is not answering their regular toll free numbers. They have not responded to my tweets or email either
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:40 am

Then I suggest you visit an AC ticketing counter in Canada for urgent resolution.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you send me booking ref and last name, I can try to dig up some details, even without my tool working.

Though I might suggest checking the mobile app first. It tends to show UN segments in a standalone manner, which is different from how the website displays it.
mileageking likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Hello Canadian Cow:
Thanks. I tried the tool that you have developed, I get an error.
AC errors out with the PNR number. LH gives the segment flown NOT the return segment. Saudia errors out with PNR #. But gives me the full details with the etkt #. Howver it only has the original return segment. I know for a fact that it is not valid because LH had cancelled that flight (LH 755 on 3/18) and rebooked on LH755 for 3/19 which subsequently was cancelled. At that point the return segment vanished completely from AC/LH/PL. That's why I am not able to talk to any one because their customer service systems are not able to pull up anything based on PNR #. Since I am in Atlanta my only option is the phone / web chat and I am not making any headway with any of the above-mentioned behemoths.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.