Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Asked AC Reservations about an alternate appetizer choice with no shellfish - no joy. Asked concierge at check-in for yesterday's flight YYZ - ICN and... it worked!
A vegetarian appetizer (not the whole meal) was provided. (Hawskworth's shellfish was indeed the standard J appetizer).

Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
A vegetarian appetizer (not the whole meal) was provided.
Isn't/Wasn't this one of the NA J appies?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Isn't/Wasn't this one of the NA J appies?
Could be - just pleased there was an alternative to shellfish. Would be great to find a simple way to request / have an appetizer option like this on all international flights.
jsfrSE, Wings100 and capedreamer like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I was looking at the online menus, but they don’t list the breakfast options. Does anyone know what is offered for breakfast from YYZ-FCO? Do they offer a hot option? Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I was looking at the online menus, but they don’t list the breakfast options. Does anyone know what is offered for breakfast from YYZ-FCO? Do they offer a hot option? Thanks.
AFAIK, all ML redeye TPACs do the same hot option/bkfast card.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by The Lev
The initial tray of multiple appetizers are now all served in uniform boring small white bowls and soya sauce is now in a packet. Might have just been the presentation, but felt like there were fewer items than previously.
Just had this, and it's just as I remember (ex NRT, not YYZ).
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Just had this, and it's just as I remember (ex NRT, not YYZ).
おいしかったね!

Was it the same presentation from past experiences as well, if you can recall?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How are the meals between YVR and TPE in Business? Are any unique options available to pre-order? I assume the Japanese meal is only available between Tokyo and Canada?

We are flying YVR-TPE and NRT-YVR, and I am more curious about the Japanese meal ex-YVR and is it possible to pre-reserve it? How is the service on this relatively short flight?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
How are the meals between YVR and TPE in Business? Are any unique options available to pre-order? I assume the Japanese meal is only available between Tokyo and Canada?

We are flying YVR-TPE and NRT-YVR, and I am more curious about the Japanese meal ex-YVR and is it possible to pre-reserve it? How is the service on this relatively short flight?
Paging @24left and @vernonc
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@bocastephen

You can't pre-reserve meals with AC... they're behind in that department.

If you search for @24left's recent posts not too far upthread (January), there are pictures and IIRC photos of the menus.

Also, AC sometimes posts ex-Canada menus (sometimes ex-Asia) on their website... I don't know the link off the top of my head but it's been mentioned here.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@bocastephen

You can't pre-reserve meals with AC... they're behind in that department.

If you search for @24left's recent posts not too far upthread (January), there are pictures and IIRC photos of the menus.

Also, AC sometimes posts ex-Canada menus (sometimes ex-Asia) on their website... I don't know the link off the top of my head but it's been mentioned here.
Is the Japanese meal ex-Narita very popular where it's a fight to get one? On United, a lot of customers don't realize they can pre-reserve this meal and there is often an issue on board where a GS member will throw a tantrum about not getting their Japanese meal and try to take it away from another customer who did reserve it. Since we're sitting in rows 7 and 8, we would really like to have this choice.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
The initial tray of multiple appetizers are now all served in uniform boring small white bowls and soya sauce is now in a packet. Might have just been the presentation, but felt like there were fewer items than previously.
Attached are menu pages and japanese meal ex YYZ at the end of March. The initial appetizers appeared small but they were filling. During the main course, they offered bread and the garlic bread were unfortunately both soggy. (Sorry for size of photos; not sure how to make them smaller.)

bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Is the Japanese meal ex-Narita very popular where it's a fight to get one? On United, a lot of customers don't realize they can pre-reserve this meal and there is often an issue on board where a GS member will throw a tantrum about not getting their Japanese meal and try to take it away from another customer who did reserve it. Since we're sitting in rows 7 and 8, we would really like to have this choice.
Just an observation (no statistical data)...

Japanese Guests predominantly stick with the Kaiseki meal in both directions, while Westerners are keen to have a taste of Japan on the outbound flight, but ready for some familiar Western cuisine on their return journey home. For the most part, the meals seem to balance out.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by SteadyAT

The main is the same I was served on ACr PY from YVR to KIX last year.

Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Just an observation (no statistical data)...

Japanese Guests predominantly stick with the Kaiseki meal in both directions, while Westerners are keen to have a taste of Japan on the outbound flight, but ready for some familiar Western cuisine on their return journey home. For the most part, the meals seem to balance out.
There are 4 of us and everyone is likely to order the Japanese meal - are there rules at AC for meal taking priority by status or seat location, or would it be useful to ask the purser after boarding to hold 4 of the Japanese meals for our group?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.