Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 3 YVR-NRT January 2019

I like this photo and the water was more refreshing.

It's the little things that I notice

Sure, more nuts, why not

New appetizer with lobster. Photo taken before the chopped almonds were added for decoration.

I don't eat shellfish, so photo is for viewing audience.

Look, AC changed the wimpy weird garlic bread with grill marks to crisp baguette-style.

I don't eat the breads so can't offer taste review.

I took the apple slices from the appetizer and added them to my salad. Improves the flavour of the salad, which is boring and and a bit bitter.

The portions shrunk. Maybe AC should switch to smaller plates so it doesn't look like something is missing.

I like this fish and have had it many times, but the sauce it too salty so I ask that it not be added.

Zoom in for the boudoir shot. lol

Also, galley FA did an awesome job with food prep on this flight. Bok-choy was bright and crisp, food was hot.

Cheddar still there. Still has no taste. How many years is it? lol

Ah, new dessert, lemon tart. Very nice. Not too sweet.

SteadyAT, petah, songsc and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:37 pm
Suspended

AC 3 YVR-NRT - January 2019

Pre-Arrival meal

Yup, the strawberry and watermelon were not their "best"

I opted for the chicken schnitzel and heated up the veggies from the mid-flight light snack. I don't like the gnocchi and the sauce.

Other options offered

Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I'm just off AC015. We had the same menu posted by @24left above.

The lobster in the lobster appetizer was very good, however the endive was extremely wilted with brown edges, as if it had been prepped at least two days prior. I ate around the endive and pointed it out to the crew when they were clearing my plate.

Perhaps because of the endive experience, I reacted quicker when the chicken braised in red wine was sub par. Many, many times on AC I have had meals served so hot that they couldn't be touched for a few minutes. Not this time. The chicken wasn't hot, it was barely warm; and the spaetzle was cold. First time I've ever sent a meal back on a flight. I was willing to switch choices, but they had another chicken, "out of the oven" I was told. It was better, but still not hot. And no one bothered to ask about it until well after the cheese course. I agree that the cheese offering is weak. All three are too mild. There should be at least one sharper/older cheese for contrast.

Best part of the meal, by far, was the lemon tart.
--
13F
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by 24left
AC 3 YVR-NRT January 2019

Same menu for AC 001 to HND (not available online), expect that we had the Omelet for an option on landing (or congee or noodles with ground chicken)

The new appetizer with lobster is good, as was the Salmon!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:05 am
Suspended

This is the menu for AC 15 this week.. The Lunch is identical to the AC 3 I posted above, except the pork dish replacing the Japanese meal.

AC insists on serving that omelette thing and the meh ex-YYZ muffins/croissants, as well as the very salty Shanghai noodles on this route, so I ordered a VOML. Should be fun.. again.

Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended

AC 4 NRT-YVR - January 2019

I did not keep a copy of the printed menu and I did not eat the hot meal on departure, thus apologies for just these photos.

Dinner after departure

Similar to the baguette-style garlic bread ex-TPE

I am not a fan of tiramisu so I asked seat mate for comments. He said "no taste or density, kind of like eating cool whip with cocoa sprinkled on top". Well ok then.

My dessert was simple. Water and Kit Kat. ^

Breakfast pre-arrival

The same raisin bread "toast" offering that I posted upthread last August was served. It was cold and hard. I understand it was pre-toasted but perhaps not the best when served in-fight.

Also, looks like "shrinkage" happened to the fruit serving. Again perhaps AC should switch to smaller bowls so it doesn't look like one only received a partial serving.

The good news is the New Zealand Anchor butter is back. Much better than the Lurpak.

Oddly, this hot meal had no taste. I know they used to and the similar breakfast ex-TPE and ex-HKG certainly did. They also had more vegetables.
The potato hash browns were not cooked.

This was one of the other breakfast options.

songsc likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: TK *G
AC 4 NRT-YVR - January 2019

Breakfast pre-arrival

Also, looks like "shrinkage" happened to the fruit serving. Again perhaps AC should switch to smaller bowls so it doesn't look like one only received a partial serving.

The fruit portion size looks sad cute

PS: I uploaded all the photos, will email you the link and my notes soon
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by songsc

The fruit portion size looks sad cute

PS: I uploaded all the photos, will email you the link and my notes soon
@songsc
Awesome and thanks !! As for the little bowl with fruit.... sad, minimalist, shrinkage...
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:25 pm
Suspended

AC 15 YYZ-HKG January 2019

I ordered a SPML which I'll post in the other thread.
Here is the menu and the food photos I took.

Also, a big thanks to the awesome galley FA. He was impressive.

As I noted with last week's photos from AC 3, it seems AC has now "upgraded" the garlic bread, away from that weir bread with the grill marks and no taste, to baguette-style pieces that are more traditional.

Yummm

Snack baskets in the mid-galley

We were offered this little treat. Loved the chocolate shavings.

jasdou likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Further to AC 15 above.....

AC 16 HKG-YYZ January 2019

Menus not available online.

Menu description:
Mixed greens, yellow zucchini, pumpkin, Parmesan, vinaigrette

Menu description:
Pork rillettes, dried apricot chutney, sesame lavash, lemon shaved fennel, balsamic dressing

I can't comment as I did not eat it.

Menu description:
Pan-fried fillet of halibut, citron sake sauce, pine nuts, spring onion egg fried rice, carrot, kale, shiitake mushroom

This was really good. The sauce had a great flavour, the food was hot. Did not eat the kale or mushroom. Not much carrot.

Seat mate had the beef. He said it was good.

Menu description:
Pan-seared beef tenderloin, tarragon Burgundy sauce, potato celeriac au gratin, green beans, carrot baton

The two other meal choices were:

Mushroom duxelles filled chicken breast, spicy grape sauce, spaghetti, broccoli, red and yellow peppers

Pork loin strip, preserved olives, mixed steamed rice, baby cabbage, carrot, sautéed shimeji mushroom

I really liked this cheesecake.

Menu described it as:
New York cheesecake tart, blueberry

Where we were before breakfast was served

Brunch before arrival

Croissants and banana muffins. These breakfast items are not as good as they used to be ex-HKG

Menu description:
Emmental cheese omelette, roasted potatoes, chicken chipolata sausage, sautéed spinach, balsamic roasted cherry tomato.

Didn't really taste the cheese. potatoes and spinach were nice. I asked FA to remove sausage before cooking.

Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for posting the menu and photos. ^

Menu description:
Pork rillettes, dried apricot chutney, sesame lavash, lemon shaved fennel, balsamic dressing
That's a, hm, rather unique appetizer.

The two other meal choices were:

Mushroom duxelles filled chicken breast, spicy grape sauce, spaghetti, broccoli, red and yellow peppers
Well, I must admit I had never heard of spicy grape sauce. Seems like AC is getting more and more "creative" with the ingredients and menu descriptions.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone flown AC2 HND-YYZ lately? Menus have been gone since...well I don't think they were ever there actually. I have one flight on it that I couldn't change so I'm curious to see how it differs from NRT-YVR which shows up here somewhat often.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Anyone flown AC2 HND-YYZ lately? Menus have been gone since...well I don't think they were ever there actually. I have one flight on it that I couldn't change so I'm curious to see how it differs from NRT-YVR which shows up here somewhat often.
@nexusCFX

Historically, the NRT/HND-YYZ menus have been identical.

The difference in menus between YYZ and YVR to Japan is that the AC 003/004 does not include the A la Carte ("At Your Leisure") section as it is a shorter TPAC flight.

All this is mentioned way upthread as well, but I wouldn't expect you to find that needle in the haystack.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@nexusCFX

Historically, the NRT/HND-YYZ menus have been identical.

The difference in menus between YYZ and YVR to Japan is that the AC 003/004 does not include the A la Carte ("At Your Leisure") section as it is a shorter TPAC flight.

All this is mentioned way upthread as well, but I wouldn't expect you to find that needle in the haystack.
That's the section I want since I did read earlier that the main food ex-Japan is the same. Wondering if it's the same as ex-HKG or TPE, or if has some Japanese inspired options.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That's the section I want since I did read earlier that the main food ex-Japan is the same. Wondering if it's the same as ex-HKG or TPE, or if has some Japanese inspired options.
ex-Japan, it's not the same as HKG/TPE.
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.