Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Who does catering for AC at their hubs, and who does catering for SQ, CX, and BR at their respective hubs?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Who does catering for AC at their hubs, and who does catering for SQ, CX, and BR at their respective hubs?

Gate Gourmet for AC in places like YYZ, YVR (just found a photo) and that new company for YUL.

Based on a photo I posted, China Pacific (Swire, as in CX) does AC at TPE. I wasn't paying attention at other stations if I saw the trucks.

SQ has a massive catering kitchen at SIN (there's a YOuTube video on the place). I assume CX is the same based on the Swire conglomerate of stuff they own like HAECO.

Now you have me thinking I should start keeping track of the catering trucks at outstations I visit.

EDIT to add: The name of the catering for YUL is newrest
lhrpete likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 22, 2018 at 7:25 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by 24left
Gate Gourmet for AC in places like YYZ, YVR (just found a photo) and that new company for YUL.

Based on a photo I posted, China Pacific (Swire, as in CX) does AC at TPE. I wasn't paying attention at other stations if I saw the trucks.

SQ has a massive catering kitchen at SIN (there's a YOuTube video on the place). I assume CX is the same based on the Swire conglomerate of stuff they own like HAECO.

Now you have me thinking I should start keeping track of the catering trucks at outstations I visit.
I started about asking re: hubs but I guess outstations are good to know as bonus.

I am also curious about the procurement process for their vendors.

And is the "massive" SQ kitchen SQ owned and operated?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad

I started about asking re: hubs but I guess outstations are good to know as bonus.

I am also curious about the procurement process for their vendors.

And is the "massive" SQ kitchen SQ owned and operated?
It seems SQ is suing Gate Gourmet according to this article from April 2018

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...irlines-2018-4

But the documentary I saw does show some very cool things SQ does. they have a pressurized room to simulate dining in the air where they have people testing the tastes of the food and wines etc. Very cool.

Here is a clip. Wonder if AC has one of these.

Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I'm not sure whether it's still the case but in Singapore SQ used to use SATS, a wholly owned subsidiary for almost everything from catering to cleaning to all aircraft provisioning. Out of the UK they use Alpha LSG but I don't know about anywhere else.

I too must start watching more!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
The perfect international J attire....

[img]webkit-fake-url://f5eb70d9-e3ce-46a4-baee-6e2ca648c747/imagejpeg[/img]

Last edited by doubleflier; Dec 23, 2018 at 6:51 pm Reason: Pic didn't upload!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Has anyone successfully pulled up a menu for flights between January 1st & 6th? The links all end up starting with:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...business/2019/01-preJan7/

But no menus load. January 8 loads (with new menu), and December 31 loads as well. Is it safe to assume Jan 1-6 will be the same as Dec 31, and is just a delay in roll out of the January menu?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Has anyone successfully pulled up a menu for flights between January 1st & 6th? The links all end up starting with:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...business/2019/01-preJan7/

But no menus load. January 8 loads (with new menu), and December 31 loads as well. Is it safe to assume Jan 1-6 will be the same as Dec 31, and is just a delay in roll out of the January menu?
And some routes load no menus at all in January regardless of date.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:59 pm
Suspended

LOL, of course not.

P.S. Same for AC 7. Also, on a different date, same reply for AC 61 and 63, despite the link that says "View Menu"

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
LOL, of course not.

P.S. Same for AC 7. Also, on a different date, same reply for AC 61 and 63, despite the link that says "View Menu"

I can however confirm that they are feeding customers on board with the usual cast of suspect meals. And the seats are still flat. Happy New Year everyone !
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:51 am

Red face AC845 FRA-YYC 29 Dec 2018 (Sorry, only pics of french menue)

Food Selection.

Featured Wines.

Pre-Departure: Sparkling Wine.

After Takeoff: Warmish Nuts & Ginger Ale, no ice.

Cold Salad & warmish Garlic Bread & cold Salmon: tasted great for an airplane meal.

Truffel Pasta: not so great like the salmon dish but quite nice. There was no pepper in the pepper shaker, it was empty...salt was available.

Cheese & Port.

Black Tea & Assorted Ice Cream.

Pre-Arrival Meal & Coffe, Milk & Sugar & Chocolates. I enjoyed it.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Just boarded AC 62, ICN-YYZ. Heres the NYE menu.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frayvr

Pre-Arrival Meal & Coffe, Milk & Sugar & Chocolates. I enjoyed it.
Like the omelette dish, I can't remember when the w/b TATL pre-landing meal didn't include the orange slices with mint leaf. Menus back from 2011 still have it. I'll have to dig further.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frayvr

Food Selection.
Just had this menu yesterday on MUC-YYZ. I thought the appetizer was mediocre, but salad was good. Fish main was decent if a bit bland. Garlic bread was overly soggy but flavorful, and I liked that they had pretzel bread out of Germany. Good cheese plate and dessert. Also loved that they had fresh squeezed OJ for some delicious mimosas.
Arrival meal was just ok, but I was so full from the first meal that it was fine.

Wonderful service on this sector btw. Every flight attendant I interacted with was very pleasant and just genuinely nice. The one on my side especially was just a charm.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by zeer0
Just had this menu yesterday on MUC-YYZ. I thought the appetizer was mediocre, but salad was good. Fish main was decent if a bit bland. Garlic bread was overly soggy but flavorful, and I liked that they had pretzel bread out of Germany. Good cheese plate and dessert. Also loved that they had fresh squeezed OJ for some delicious mimosas.
Arrival meal was just ok, but I was so full from the first meal that it was fine.

Wonderful service on this sector btw. Every flight attendant I interacted with was very pleasant and just genuinely nice. The one on my side especially was just a charm.
Ha... funny because I was on that flight (AC847) today (Dec 31) and my experience was like a "through the looking glass" version of yours. For me:

1) The salmon appetizer was fantastic
2) The fish (pike perch) main was disappointing (overcooked and oversalted)
3) The arrival meal exceeded my expectations
​​​​​​4) The crew and service were mediocre (didn't take orders by status, no greetings or acknowledgement by SD, and general attitude of indifference)

I do agree that the pretzel bread is always a nice treat (though I passed on it this time as I had more than my fill of Laugengebck after two weeks in the Munich area).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.