Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Couldn't find anything on this thread, but does anyone know what are the meal offerings on the DEL-YVR non-stop now with the early morning departure and arrival?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by aviationp
Couldn't find anything on this thread, but does anyone know what are the meal offerings on the DEL-YVR non-stop now with the early morning departure and arrival?
You can look up the menus here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...e-service.html
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
deleted
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
International menus are not the same across the board.
Which route are you referring to?
TATL Routes, ex YUL/YYZ
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:19 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
AC 829 Lyon Montreal

Just flew from Lyon to Montreal today and the food and service were excellent. The catering out of France has never let me down, the foie gras nicely done, the steak tender and not over cooked, nice cheese and tasty desert.
A few photos of the menu and meal.
24left likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsfrSE

Just flew from Lyon to Montreal today and the food and service were excellent. The catering out of France has never let me down, the foie gras nicely done, the steak tender and not over cooked, nice cheese and tasty desert.
More importantly, how was the green tea?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:37 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Funny, I had the lemon ginger infusion this time
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
AC 829 Lyon Montreal
---------
That's a pretty sad looking salad. I had a much better one in Premium Economy LHR to YYZ. Sliced Parmesan on the top and a decent salad.

As for that cheese plate, wow...3 whole grapes eh?
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
the foie gras nicely done,
I dont eat the foie gras after I found out how its made & and my friend from Paris forbids me to eats it too when I'm with her that is..Lol!
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
China Southern ex-YVR must be contracting with Gate Gourmet as biz meals on board to Guangzhou in June we’re pretty much indistinguishable from my AC HKG flight same month, although I’m not adventurous so stick with beef.

And CX HKG YYZ on return again NOT that much different too.

For a really good onboard J meal, nothing beats TK, just one perspective though
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by skybluesea
China Southern ex-YVR must be contracting with Gate Gourmet as biz meals on board to Guangzhou in June we’re pretty much indistinguishable from my AC HKG flight same month, although I’m not adventurous so stick with beef.

And CX HKG YYZ on return again NOT that much different too.

For a really good onboard J meal, nothing beats TK, just one perspective though
It really does not necessarily come down to the contractors that AC uses for its food, or its cabin cleaning, but more so how much they choose to spend. Gate Gourmet can pump out amazing business class (and first class food - exYVR), or they can pump out not so amazing food (I'll pick on Air Canada prior to the whole Hawksworth initiative).

Just thought I'd point out the minute detail here and definitely not trying to be pedantic by any way but just thought I'd add some qualifiers to your statement, if I may boldly do so.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
It really does not necessarily come down to the contractors that AC uses for its food, or its cabin cleaning, but more so how much they choose to spend. Gate Gourmet can pump out amazing business class (and first class food - exYVR), or they can pump out not so amazing food (I'll pick on Air Canada prior to the whole Hawksworth initiative).
However no matter how good the caterer/package purchased, if the crew is overworked, just fill the oven, and goes serving from the oven at their own pace without consideration for how long it ideally takes to reheat, result ends up awful. Which continues as the AC standard, no matter the rebranding and all the hype.

Beef last week was the worst I ever had on a plane.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin

Just thought I'd point out the minute detail here and definitely not trying to be pedantic by any way but just thought I'd add some qualifiers to your statement, if I may boldly do so.
Are we seriously comparing spend for Hawksworth (been 2x) or even better yet his bistro, Nightingale, with + 6 hr reheated food on a cold plate, so Signature Chefs add nothing frankly as any competent chef could organize current AC meals.

How about this although AC is challenged with reservation taking at the best of times.

How about broaden the menu for biz class with pre-order only?

So let’s not talk about spend, as neither Hawksworth or Nightingale ONLY have 3 main entree choices 🙃

Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by skybluesea

Are we seriously comparing spend for Hawksworth (been 2x) or even better yet his bistro, Nightingale, with + 6 hr reheated food on a cold plate, so Signature Chefs add nothing frankly as any competent chef could organize current AC meals.

How about this although AC is challenged with reservation taking at the best of times.

How about broaden the menu for biz class with pre-order only?

So let’s not talk about spend, as neither Hawksworth or Nightingale ONLY have 3 main entree choices ��

Agreed. Nothing beats a Sazerac at Hawksworth (although the chandelier is kinda, ghetto).. lost count how many times I've been there, it's like the MLL after buying shoes at Holts a block away...

But I'm not sure others are comparing in-air service with on-ground reality... you're stuck on the plane for x Hrs, you choose to be at Hawksworth and can easily walk to another venue in minutes... (yew across the street for a nice absinthe selection, for instance, etc...)

If AC was smart, they'd let us spend $200 for that sazerac in the air.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo

If AC was smart, they'd let us spend $200 for that sazerac in the air.
how about a voucher for use in the airport, although problem is hit and miss with quality here.

absolute favourite is the AirBrau in Munich, both ground and airside where on occasion if ineed to make routing choice in evening will go this way with long cnx / the schnitzel, bread and of course the beer are marvellous.

on board, TK has no parallel at least in biz for food / and the little battery operated candles are just cheesy enough to make me laugh every time.

More and more I try to eat before flying as on overnight flights need to have an empty stomach to sleep well, and having been through many airport tours in my career including through countless caterers, try not to remember the industrial scale kitchens, which certainly cannot produce the pizza that Hawksworth’s bistro Nightingale does a fine job at - an dI’m a lifelong fan of most Italian fare.
longtimeflyin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.