Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK *G
Finally a new desert is coming! Oh wait, will this desert stay for another 2.5 years?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
Finally a new desert is coming! Oh wait, will this desert stay for another 2.5 years?
Gobi?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
3 weeks left to savour it. It's finally changing on April 1st. A new dessert is on the way.
Actually a different dessert or the same cake with a different type of compote this quarter?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Actually a different dessert or the same cake with a different type of compote this quarter?
just flew last week, and had the chocolate cake shown above with with a raisin compote rather than cherry
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:01 pm

Toronto to Hong Kong - March 2018

Fish option

AleEat likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The Appetizer and Featured Dish (Sablefish) are Hawksworth-inspired and change quarterly. The other mains change monthly. A new appy, Hawksworth main and dessert are scheduled for April.
I would love if that was true, but that smoked salmon appetiser and Sablefish has been on the menu since at least last November. And for March 2018, it seems at least on some routes (i.e. YVR HKG, TPE), the menu is literally the same as Feb 2018.

Originally Posted by 24left
Uh oh, @Adam Smith and @D582 aren't going to be happy
I'm crying inside. At least I have one more TPAC flight this month to savour it. Better have two slices then
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
AC008 HKG-YVR March 2018

I only took pictures of the main courses.

MENU

MAIN DINNER COURSE: Halibut

I found it to be moist and flavourful (I think... I had a bad cold, but it tasted good to me)

BRUNCH MAIN COURSE: Dim Sum

This is 1000x better than the dim sim served as a mid-flight snack on ex-Canada departures. The sticky rice in lotus leaf (lo mai gai) is quite good for an airplane and unexpected.

AleEat likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC062 ICN-YYZ February 2018

Another great flight made even better by excellent service from the entire crew, and of course, so much more fun to fly with a friend!

Download menu here.

To start, the Smoked snowfish, horseradish cream quenelle, cucumber, orange, caper berry. Like others, I had no idea what snowfish was, but it turned out to be reasonably tasty if not on the small side.

The Harissa roasted chicken breast, Moroccan spiced sauce, minted vegetable couscous, roasted vegetables sounded interesting but I was disappointed in the presentation. The dish was perfectly palatable, I just thought the sauce looked a little weird.

I was absolutely exhausted by this point and I passed out for nearly 9 hours and woke up just as pre-landing brunch service was starting.

Oh yeah, good morning

The E-fu noodle, soybean sauce, chicken, asparagus, carrot, bamboo slice dish was simple and tasty with enough kick and was just what the doctor ordered:

AleEat and 24left like this.

Last edited by gabdusch; Mar 10, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:23 pm

Hong Kong to Toronto AC16 March 2018

AleEat likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
[QUOTE=D582;29507192]I only took pictures of the main courses.

MENU

Identical menu HKG-YYZ. Had the same meals as you. Was a bit disappointed with the halibut but it was OK. Liked the dim sum.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
When did AC switch to serving Laurent-Perrier Champagne Brut onboard instead of the stuff they normally serve. It seems the menus for flights in April are showing a change. Did I miss this?? I much prefer the new Champagne on offer.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
A thought about posting menus...

I very well understand that there is the issue of time/effort, but if someone were to type out the menus on behalf of posters who take pictures of menus, would that be of benefit for others here? Obviously, it would be great if others could type out menus they post, but it certainly isn't expected and I doubt most would bother.

But at the same time, it would definitely be easier to search for text since we can't search a picture posted on FT for words yet. That's why I typed out all of the menus I posted, including menu codes.

(yes, yes, others, including finger-wagging manager-types can tell me that I've just volunteered myself, but since I won't be getting paid for it, I can simply ignore their feelings of importance! )

Also a wiki with current menu offerings (and perhaps even historical for reference and posterity?) would be of benefit so there isn't the constant "every week or two" repeats of the same menu being posted.

This question also applies to the other in-flight menu threads in this forum.
canolakid and flyquiet like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
When did AC switch to serving Laurent-Perrier Champagne Brut onboard instead of the stuff they normally serve. It seems the menus for flights in April are showing a change. Did I miss this?? I much prefer the new Champagne on offer.
And the new desert is...

"Brown sugar tart, vanilla custard "
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
People have been simply posting photos of the main menu page(s) and not of the wine list as of late, even when the list changes.

AFAIK, for over a decade it's been Drappier, so if this change is legit, can someone please post a menu shot of the page.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
People have been simply posting photos of the main menu page(s) and not of the wine list as of late, even when the list changes.

AFAIK, for over a decade it's been Drappier, so if this change is legit, can someone please post a menu shot of the page.
April menus are available online https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ess-class.html , so no real need to post to confirm But here you go. Looks like it's a change that takes affect for April.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
33_35_37_YVR_BNE SYD.pdf (465.6 KB, 94 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.