Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Classy. lol

Some airlines seem to serve champagne in flutes for both PDB and in-flight. Looking at my photos, for eg. CX J, does this. LH F does this QF J and EY F and J do this and so on. On my recent SQ J, they served the champagne in flutes without stems, similar to AC's but slightly taller.

FWP. lol
Everyone knows coupe glasses are the way to go for champagne.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Everyone knows coupe glasses are the way to go for champagne.
Just give me the bottle and long straw.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
Just give me the bottle and long straw.
+1
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC881 CDG-YYZ February 2018

There's AC catering, and then there's AC catering out of CDG. OMG - it has never let me down and today was no exception.

View menu here.

To start, the Duck foie gras, smoked duck magret, red radish, dried fruit was absolutely outstanding and a very generous portion:

Then, I chose the Beef fillet, seared foie gras, demi-glace foie gras sauce, crispy onions, herb roasted potatoes, sautéed mixed vegetables ​​​. While the crew did their best, it still came out well done. Nonetheless, it was tasty and the sides were excellent. Oh, and seared foie gras, YUM!

The cheese plate consisted of Comté, Brie, Murol with crackers, and, coming out of France, was also very good. Sorry for the blurry pic...

To finish, this "Chocolate Tart" was simply orgasmic. Wow.

Prior to landing, a light meal of Chilled plate featuring Parma ham, sausage rosette, coleslaw salad, gherkin, quail egg was served with fresh orange segments and nice French chocolates.

Well done AC! ^
AleEat, Diabeetus, 24left and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
What is it with AC"s fascination with pickles anyways? Nice to see catering ex CDG improve!
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
What is it with AC"s fascination with pickles anyways? Nice to see catering ex CDG improve!
I hadn’t seen pickes in a while, I actually missed them!

What do you mean by “improve”? Out of all outstations CDG has always had stellar catering in my experience of the past 4+ years.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:16 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I quite enjoyed the foie dish too a few weeks ago. Made up for the mediocre lunge.

Vive la France”
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gabdusch
AC881 CDG-YYZ February 2018

There's AC catering, and then there's AC catering out of CDG. OMG - it has never let me down and today was no exception.
Agreed. I've always enjoyed the food ex-CDG.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:11 pm
Suspended

AC 11 YVR-TPE February 2018

I love taking these photos and looking back at the different ones from each flight. My thanks to @gabdusch for the fantastic idea.

I really like this appetizer

The menu was slightly different on this AC 11 than the one a few weeks ago. Given the sad encounters with what AC calls beef, I thought I'd try this sablefish.

Two different views.

I asked the galley FA if I could skip the sauce on the plate so I could taste the fish and I appreciate that it was served this way.

It was excellent.

Mid-flight snack.

I also had the bocconcini tomato snack later on. It's my favourite mid-flight treat and I was disappointed that it had disappeared on some of the outbound TPACs. So, thanks AC.

I skipped the pre-arrival meal.
AleEat and gabdusch like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I must say, this menu above (24left's post) actually makes me want to try Air Canada again on trans pacific flights. Looks very nice, and tasty. Nice mid flight options and the pre arrival meal looks half decent, unlike Air Canada's trans atlantic flights which are absolutely terrible, and given the similar prices between a LHR YYZ flight vs a HKG YYZ flight I am surprised (and not surprised) at how cheap AC is. I suspect it's because there is real competition to Asia (BR/CX/CI etc) vs no real competition to Europe (hard product wise, at least).
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:49 pm

Great pics 24left. I was also on YYR-TPE return last week. I tried the sablefish which seemed to be in high demand as some did not get it. It was ok, not doused in too muhc sauce like some other posters mentioned. I had the dumplings which i used to like but were very dry and disappointing. On the way back had the other fish and beef noodles as snack - both were acceptable.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Great pics 24left. I was also on YYR-TPE return last week. I tried the sablefish which seemed to be in high demand as some did not get it. It was ok, not doused in too muhc sauce like some other posters mentioned. I had the dumplings which i used to like but were very dry and disappointing. On the way back had the other fish and beef noodles as snack - both were acceptable.
@vernonc
Thanks!
The dumplings in the noodles were indeed dry which was weird compared to all previous flights. So either the crew overheated them or AC changed suppliers. Strange since I had the same noodles on AC 11 and 12 just a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine in terms of the food contents, just the water wasn't hot enough.
I also had the halibut on the way back on AC 12. I will eventually post the photos from that flight.
And sorry I missed you at TPE...ships in the night and all that.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
@vernonc
Thanks!
The dumplings in the noodles were indeed dry which was weird compared to all previous flights. So either the crew overheated them or AC changed suppliers. Strange since I had the same noodles on AC 11 and 12 just a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine in terms of the food contents, just the water wasn't hot enough.
I also had the halibut on the way back on AC 12. I will eventually post the photos from that flight.
And sorry I missed you at TPE...ships in the night and all that.
Yeah you missed multiple earthquakes and aftershocks. Woke up in bed with the first one which was the one that caused all the damage. Was on the 85th floor of TPE101 for a couple of aftershocks the next day. Oh and on the flight back the last Kitkat was gobbled by my customer.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Yeah you missed multiple earthquakes and aftershocks. Woke up in bed with the first one which was the one that caused all the damage. Was on the 85th floor of TPE101 for a couple of aftershocks the next day....
I think I posted about being in bed at the NRT Hilton 2 years ago when one of the local earthquakes hit. Weird but amusing.

.....Oh and on the flight back the last Kitkat was gobbled by my customer.
See, can't blame me for Kit Kats that go missing during the night. I asked the crew to do a "bed check" and it seems all were accounted for. lol
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
thats a nice menu to TPE. will do that in March and try the Macanese chicken. did YYZ-TLV run last week and menu options were limited and depressing. tried the usual beef tenderloin one way,the Barramundi and spinach filled chicken breast the other. neither worth writing home about. Also noticed there were no Hawksworth dishes on the menu. on the return the kit kats all disappeared within 2 hrs on being put on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.