Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
I think if the similar leisure options are available on my upcoming AC 1, I will try them.
I'm on AC001 this Thursday... what about you?
Old May 6, 2015, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm on AC001 this Thursday... what about you?

I'll happily share that info via PM

I flew AC 1/2 last fall. All recents were 3/4, so I do look forward to hearing about your more current experience.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'll happily share that info via PM

I flew AC 1/2 last fall. All recents were 3/4, so I do look forward to hearing about your more current experience.
So the answer is a "no" regarding this Thursday

Sure, will post here and let you know.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:42 am
Suspended

So the answer is a "no" regarding this Thursday

Sure, will post here and let you know.

Thanks, that will be great

(almost 3am and now I'm craving a breakfast item from AC 4)
Old May 6, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Older" AC877 menu for comparison

Here is a menu from a couple months ago on a flight AC877... just for comparison purposes...

09-FRA/MUC-JHM9W-JMSNW-JCST 03/15 211C001-3

APPETIZER

*Gravlax and marinated prawn with macadamia oil infused sweet potato salad

SALAD

*Mixed greens with sun-dried tomato, chives and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Herb crusted beef fillet offered with thyme sauce, potato wedges, green beans and mixed bell peppers

Thai chicken curry accompanied by jasmine scented rice, bok choy and carrots

*Cod fillet presented witih basil oil, pearl barley and bell pepper risotto, sugar snaps and tomato concassé

Ricotta and asparagus pasta served with pumpkin cream sauce, asparagus and Parmesan

SELECTION OF CHEESE

Emmental, pepper-infused Brie and Bergader served with crackers

CHOiCE OF DESSERTS

Belgian chocolate, vanilla and espresso ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Flexible Meal Option

As a quick or flexible option, enjoy on of the featured main courses served with warm bread, mixed greens, cheese, crackers and fruit - presented all at once shortly after take-off or at any time during the flight.

At your leisure
A selection of packaged snacks is always available in our galley.

Light meal
A meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Please let us know if you prefer to eat at an earlier time.

Chilled plate featuring country cured ham with tomato and mozzarella salad and green pesto

*Fresh orange segments

Chocolates

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

Below I am only listing the labels... none of the descriptive commentary.

Wine list

CHAMPAGNE
Champagne Drappier, Carte d'Or Brut, Reims, France

WHITE WINES
Lunaris Pinot Grigio, San Juan, Argentina
Matua Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand

RED WINES
Paso a Paso, Tempranillo, La Mancha, Spain
La Ferme du Mont, Côtes du Rhône, France
Ranch 32, Vintner's Reserve Meritage, Monterey California

PORT
Dow's Port, Portual
Old May 6, 2015, 2:34 am
Suspended

Hey thanks yyznomad.

These menu items look quite appealing and it would be nice to be able to try them out.

I understand the challenge for AC is that they offer at least one Asian meal choice along with the regular and as I've shown way upthread, I have enjoyed better appetizers and meals on previous flights.

I also noted (with photo) that I really enjoyed the Paso red, but now the new wine choices are served.

When I boarded AC3, someone had left behind the menus from the inbound ICN flight. Those also looked quite appealing.

(if I get bored, I can always break into my Japanese Green Tea Kit Kat bar )
Old May 6, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey thanks yyznomad.

These menu items look quite appealing and it would be nice to be able to try them out.

I understand the challenge for AC is that they offer at least one Asian meal choice along with the regular and as I've shown way upthread, I have enjoyed better appetizers and meals on previous flights.

I also noted (with photo) that I really enjoyed the Paso red, but now the new wine choices are served.

When I boarded AC3, someone had left behind the menus from the inbound ICN flight. Those also looked quite appealing.

(if I get bored, I can always break into my Japanese Green Tea Kit Kat bar )
I always get the Japanese meal on 1/2/3/4... perhaps this time I will try something different. Not a wine drinker, so I'll take your word for it on the Paso
Old May 6, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended

I always get the Japanese meal on 1/2/3/4... perhaps this time I will try something different. Not a wine drinker, so I'll take your word for it on the Paso
The Paso is gone as our resident SD has posted. IIRC, remaining stock have been moved to TB.

As for at least one of the new wines, others upthread have disagreed with my experience with the Old Soul, which is fine. My onboard alcohol consumption is pretty limited anyway - one drink with nuts, sometimes one with dinner, sometimes nothing with anything.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I found the Asian meal option disappointing.

Although light and filling, I find that it has too many cold dishes/side dishes. I feel like there would be so many different options that could be served as the "asian meal".

I feel like the current version is like a 1000Y bento box served on separate dishes.

That's just my taste though, so take it with a grain of salt. I like a warm comforting meal.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:39 pm

Has anyone tried the LSML to Europe? What entree do they serve for that? Specifically YYZ-FCO.
Old May 9, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC001 May 7, 2015 Menu

May 7, 2015
AC001 YYZ NRT FIN 801

260C007-2
20-A-NJHMNGP-NJMSNE-NJHSHE-NJHBN 05/15

Lunch

APPETIZER

* Seared pepper-crusted ahi tuna and marinated prawn on a fennel dill salad with yellow peppers auce

SALAD

* Mixed greens, grape tomatoes and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

* Chicken breast complemented by maple thyme chili glaze, sweet potato mash, mushroom medley and fine green beans

* Roasted Atlantic salmon served with a Pinot Grigio sauce, barley risotto and a vegetable medley of zucchini, carrots and asparagus

Grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin presented with truffle and porcini sauce, potato au gratin, baby carrots and fine green beans

Japanese meal offered with sake, Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, noodles and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled black cod, steamed rice and mixed vegetables

SELECTION OF CHEESE

Oka, Camembert and medium Cheddar served with crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

Tuxedo cake with chocolate buttercream

* Fresh seasonal fruit

FLEXIBLE MEAL OPTION
As a quick or flexible option, enjoy on of the featured main courses served with warm bread, mixed greens, cheese, crackers and fruit - presented all at once shortly after take-off or at any time during the flight.

At your leisure
Choose one or more of the following light snack options. Simply ask your flight attendant between meal services.

Hot noodle soup with shrimp and pork wontons and gai-lan

Hot snack - Orange ginger chicken skewer

* Healthy option - Crudités with artichoke Asiago dip

Dim sum selection of siu mai, har gau and shrimp and spinach dim sum

Ice cream

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

Brunch

Please note that brunch will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

* Fresh orange juice

* Fresh seasonal fruit

* Yogurt

Croissants and blueberry muffins with butter and preserves

MAIN COURSES

Parsley omelette accompanied by cottage cheese, red pepper relish, roasted redskin potatoes and chicken sausage

Japanese-style rice congee with spinach and trefoil stems served with mackerel, stewed beef, fish roll, egg and king mushroom

Stir-fried udon noodles with chicken strips, carrot julienne, shiitake mushroom, onion and siu choy cabbage in a garlic and sesame oil

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

Below I am only listing the labels... none of the descriptive commentary.

Wine list

CHAMPAGNE
Champagne Drappier, Carte d'Or Brut, Reims, France

WHITE WINES
Giesen Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Quails' Gate Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, Canada

RED WINES
Old Soul Cabernet Sauvignon, California, USA
Les Crès Ricards Oenothera, Languedoc, France
De Gras Carmenère, Colchagua Valley, Chile

PORT
Dow's Port, Portugal
Old May 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
Suspended

May 7, 2015
AC001 YYZ NRT FIN 801

260C007-2
20-A-NJHMNGP-NJMSNE-NJHSHE-NJHBN 05/15
yyznomad, Thanks!!!!

This was the EXACT same menu we had on AC3 last week (my post # 333)
Old May 9, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yyznomad, Thanks!!!!

This was the EXACT same menu we had on AC3 last week.
Right.

I like typing everything out so it is searchable. Plus, unlike you, I hate taking pictures

I tried the chicken main and it was pretty darn good. I was really surprised at the tender juiciness of the chicken (well, I was on a 788, so maybe not *too* surprised )

I actually tried the dessert this time and it was actually good.

Mid-flight I had two occasions where I ordered the hot noodle soup and also had one dim sum dish. Yum! Hit the spot.

Did not eat the brunch as I decided to sleep the last hour or so. (or at least, tried to)
Old May 9, 2015, 3:54 pm
Suspended

...Plus, unlike you, I hate taking pictures
It amuses me.

I actually tried the dessert this time and it was actually good.
See, I only recommend what I really enjoyed. Good to hear you did as well.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC883 CPHYYZ May 18, 2015

(The "warm breads" were rock hard cold and the beef dish was difficult to cut and chew)

26-BTU-JHM9W-JCST 05/15 211C015-1

(this is actually a different (partially same) menu from previous TATL w/b posts I have made)

(look cow, no mushrooms!)

Appetizer
Smoked salmon and halibut with orange fennel salad and rucola vinaigrette

Salad
*Mixed greens with sun-dried tomato, chives and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

Main Courses

Beef fillet with crust complemented by soy-infused demi-glace sauce, roasted new potatoes, green beans and carrots

Thai chicken curry accompanied by jasmine scented rice, bok choy and carrots

*Cod fillet with basil oil presented with pearl barley and bell pepper risotto, sugar snaps and tomato conacassé

Eggplant and Scamorza cheese filled pasta served with rocket pesto and Béchamel sauce, cherry tomato and Parmesan

Selection of Cheese
Maredsous, Vieux Bruges and Brie served with crackers

Choice of Desserts
Pear Tart

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Flexible Meal Option

At your leisure
A selection of packaged snacks is always available in our galley.

Light meal
A meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Please let us know if you prefer to eat at an earlier time.

Chilled plate featuring smoked duck breast and Serrano ham, marinated potato salad, cheese filled cherry pepper and asparagus

*Fresh orange segments

Chocolates

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.