Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by gabdusch
April 2016
AC874 YUL-FRA

The poached chilled prawns, fennel, orange, pickled onion, horseradish celeriac puree, breadcrumbs was very good. Still not as great as the tataki from last fall, but a solid appetizer nonetheless:

I had the signature Roasted sablefish, chorizo, San Marzano tomato, fennel, crispy chickpeas, fine herbs. A bit rubbery at first, but the taste of all ingredients married nicely for a good meal, if not a bit on the small side:

To finish, the always excellent Dark chocolate fondant, hazelnut praline, raspberry-lemon compote:
I took exactly the same combination on my last flight AC824. It was pretty good in general.

The appetizer was excellent and beatifully presented but the first plate I was served was frozen hard... I was served first in seat 8A and had the plate the closest to the dry ice. They were very apolegetic and gave me another one. The sablefish was good but a bit on the acidic side. Portion was just perfect to my opinion.

Dessert was very good as usual.

The purser came to me after dinner to ask for feedback about the taste and presentation of the dishes with multiple questions and told she would pass my comments to the kitchen. I don't think she asked other passengers. Thought it was an interesting initiative.

(And on another theme, that b767 was so old... Masks over one seat were hold by ducktape and fell at midflight and a molding fell on a passenger not once but twice (take-off and landing). Hope it will be retired of Mainline soon...)
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:07 pm

Don't order the Japanese main meal of you are flying J from YYZ to HND (or NRT if it is the same catering).

Rice was mushy and beef was superdry(not the Asahi kind), it was by far the worst main course I have ever had on the plane economy included.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:04 pm

Ac070 yyz-del

April 20th, 2016

AC 070 YYZ - DEL

Finished the wine before I realized I should've taken a picture.

----

Some more wine and warm nuts

----

Loved the presentation

----

Opted for the butter chicken primarily out of curiosity to see how AC handled it, was quite impressed.

---

Fruit and cheese

----

Dessert with some port

----

Woke up with a few hours left; requested some coffee and more ice cream

----

Don't judge me but I was really hungry, requested for an egg sandwich with about 2 hours left till destination.

----

Some apple juice to wash everything down

----

Breakfast time!

----

Not meal related but kind of proud of it ; EF seat alert really came in handy for this one. ^
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hsandhar
April 20th, 2016

AC 070 YYZ - DEL

^ and thanks for sharing and posting photos.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
How come ML*1?

Looks good.

But look at this breakfast casserole and compare it to the entree of the after departure meal. In cabin meal makes a world of difference.

On such a long flight, I wonder if it would be very difficult/time consuming for the crew to plate the breakfast in flight.

Maybe AC could introduce breakfast cards on TPACs, and use the extra flying time to plate the breakfast in flight.

Dunno...
Old May 1, 2016, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
......Maybe AC could introduce breakfast cards on TPACs, and use the extra flying time to plate the breakfast in flight.
noooooooooooo

If AC is going to plate breakfast, it better be that BR-style 3 course affair with the French Toast that I posted in the other thread.

I also notice CX and BR start breakfast service 2 hours prior to arrival and I find it is less rushed than AC. I get that 90 minutes might allow a few more pax to sleep, but ....
Old May 1, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left
noooooooooooo

If AC is going to plate breakfast, it better be that BR-style 3 course affair with the French Toast that I posted in the other thread.

I also notice CX and BR start breakfast service 2 hours prior to arrival and I find it is less rushed than AC. I get that 90 minutes might allow a few more pax to sleep, but ....
I agree. 120 minutes before landing is not that bad on a 12 hour flight. Cut 2 hours at start and finish and that still leaves you with 8 hours of sleep/leisure.

I wouldn't be completely against this.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:36 am

It was 2 hours before destination on the YYZ-DEL one (14 hour flight), and only 90 minutes before destination on the way back (DEL-YYZ) (just around the 14 hour mark as well).
Old May 1, 2016, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
^ and thanks for sharing and posting photos.
As soon as I was done looking at those photos, I burped out loud and realized that I just got full.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
As soon as I was done looking at those photos, I burped out loud and realized that I just got full.
haha, glad I could help.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:50 am

How come ML*1?...
No idea; I checked my previous few boarding passes (J) and they all seem to have ML*1 on it as well. I think there is another thread flying around with bp codes but too lazy and sleepy to look it up.
Old May 1, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by hsandhar
No idea; I checked my previous few boarding passes (J) and they all seem to have ML*1 on it as well. I think there is another thread flying around with bp codes but too lazy and sleepy to look it up.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ml-2-mean.html
Old May 1, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
How come ML*1?

Looks good.

But look at this breakfast casserole and compare it to the entree of the after departure meal. In cabin meal makes a world of difference.

On such a long flight, I wonder if it would be very difficult/time consuming for the crew to plate the breakfast in flight.

Maybe AC could introduce breakfast cards on TPACs, and use the extra flying time to plate the breakfast in flight.

Dunno...
It is actually time consuming which translates to an earlier start time to the service with translates to less sleep. Also given the duration of the flight, there is not an inch of extra galley space to accommodate 30 extra dinner plates and 30 containers of entrees. Galley logistics you know.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by petah
Don't order the Japanese main meal of you are flying J from YYZ to HND (or NRT if it is the same catering).

Rice was mushy and beef was superdry(not the Asahi kind), it was by far the worst main course I have ever had on the plane economy included.
Really? I always like the Kaiseki AC meal. Really don't care one way or the other about the state of the rice as I know on a trip to Japan I will be eating all the rice I care to.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mapleg
Really? I always like the Kaiseki AC meal. Really don't care one way or the other about the state of the rice as I know on a trip to Japan I will be eating all the rice I care to.
そうだね!

I quite often just ask for the tray accompanied with sake, and I'm good. I usually skip the hot entree portion as I'm not always a fan of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.