Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I think a reference is made to Espresso/Cappuccino on the main menu and needless to say we're happy to get it for you anytime. On a side note, these machines are very sensitive creatures and have required some periodic maintenance.

AC872 YYZ-FRA
"The Bar" page, # B1 002B002

Hot Beverages
"Freshly brewed Second Cup regular of decaffeinated coffee, Lavazza espresso and cappuccino available onboard our 787 aircraft....."

I was on refurbed 77W Fin 742 (again). Flight too short for sleep... I was offered one. Nice treat. I also notice front galley had some new B/E Aerospace "kitchenware".
Attached Images  
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I see they've updated the Hawksworth options starting April:-

http://journeystosuccess.com/acchef/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDypygQlKCP/

Does anyone know how long these options are in the rotation for?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by JordanYVR

First sablefish, then chicken, now sablefish again. Wonder if there will ever be a protein different from sablefish and chicken.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:37 am
Suspended

AC872 YYZ-FRA

The salmon was excellent. My compliments to the crew for perfect prep.

Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by JordanYVR

AC seems to be featuring each Hawksworth menu for one quarter. Based on the pattern (sure, sure, only two quarters so far) I would anticipate these Hawksworth menu items until the end of June.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ylwae
First sablefish, then chicken, now sablefish again. Wonder if there will ever be a protein different from sablefish and chicken.
And always chocolate with some type of berries
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: AC 35K
AC33 - domestic component YYZ to YVR

Hi there,

Question for the community....I am flying on AC33 on the domestic component only, what is the meal offering in J - hawksworth dishes? Or just 4-offering trans-continental offering?

I ask because when you book YYZ - SYD, your dinner meal is served on the domestic component and would be considered international from a catering perspective, but what about those who are not continuing on to SYD?

Let me know!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YYZCONSULTANT
Hi there,

Question for the community....I am flying on AC33 on the domestic component only, what is the meal offering in J - hawksworth dishes? Or just 4-offering trans-continental offering?

I ask because when you book YYZ - SYD, your dinner meal is served on the domestic component and would be considered international from a catering perspective, but what about those who are not continuing on to SYD?

Let me know!
Dinner on the YYZ-YVR portion of AC33 consists of the regular NA PLH offering.

Shortly after departing YVR, there's another dinner service which follows the standards for int'l flights.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AC MM+
YYZ-GRY this was available, not as good as the original sable fish, ,[I] featuring dishes like roasted sablefish, chorizo, San Marzano tomato, fennel, crispy chickpeas and fine herbs.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
April 2016
AC874 YUL-FRA

The poached chilled prawns, fennel, orange, pickled onion, horseradish celeriac puree, breadcrumbs was very good. Still not as great as the tataki from last fall, but a solid appetizer nonetheless:

I had the signature Roasted sablefish, chorizo, San Marzano tomato, fennel, crispy chickpeas, fine herbs. A bit rubbery at first, but the taste of all ingredients married nicely for a good meal, if not a bit on the small side:

To finish, the always excellent Dark chocolate fondant, hazelnut praline, raspberry-lemon compote:
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
AC seems to be featuring each Hawksworth menu for one quarter. Based on the pattern (sure, sure, only two quarters so far) I would anticipate these Hawksworth menu items until the end of June.
Yes, I believe ACYYZSD confirmed this somewhere up-up-wayup thread. Every quarter. Glad they moved on from the BBQ chicken... wasn't a fan of it.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: AC E75K
Had the sablefish on AC846 (YYZ-MUC) on Apr 16. Nice presentation but found the fish a bit fatty (or perhaps undercooked). IME, getting fish* just right on a plane appears to be quite challenging.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:49 am
Suspended

AC 856 YYZ-LHR

Most photos are from the meal chosen by my seat mate.

Menu

"Starter"

He said the shrimp appetizer was great

He did not like the chicken. Not sure why.

The usual. It would be nice if AC got more adventurous with the cheese selection. Oh wait, we've asked a few times already.

Seat mate enjoyed this of course, but I've had it for months, so.....

.....I chose this. Always my favourite

Then there is the inevitable mid-flight snack basket. Exciting news people - new light.

First photo is to see it in it's "natural lighting" in a dark cabin, second photo is with flash to see contents, third photo is how it looks from the front row and when the crew don't close the galley curtain. LOL

This is where we were during "snack time"

Breakfast menu

This was dried out and not resembling anything close to what it was supposed to be.

Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by 24left

This is where we were during "snack time"

RIP Ghetto Light!

Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:55 am
Suspended

AC 849 LHR-YYZ

Menu

Almost all the "basic" food groups

Really enjoyed these

Fresh and warm and a nice treat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.