Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Also, does anyone know if the refurbed 777s have the espresso maker in the galley?
Yes. Had a pretty good cappuccino on YYZ-PEK on a refurbed 77W.

Which is the first time I've actually succeeded in getting a cappuccino or espresso on AC.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
AC 868 YYZ-LHR Jan 30

Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACfly

Your take on the Hawksworth chicken dish?

My opinion is upthread... Would like to hear what you thought.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
If anyone is reading this... I know it's early, early Sunday morning EST... perhaps others in other time zones can pipe in...

So remind me again please... does AC64 have the At Your Leisure hot snacks (cue in the hot noodle soup, dim sum, sandwiches, hummus, etc), or is it another lame snack basket like AC004?

I searched this thread for "AC64", "AC064", "ICNYVR"... but no luck.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Your take on the Hawksworth chicken dish?

My opinion is upthread... Would like to hear what you thought.
The chicken was OK.. It tasted like 2 Boneless chicken with BBQ sauce and crunchy onions on top. Nothing special

The rice was a bit on the dry side.

The chocolate fondant was fantastic, and still my favourite dessert.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACfly
The chicken was OK.. It tasted like 2 Boneless chicken with BBQ sauce and crunchy onions on top. Nothing special

The rice was a bit on the dry side.
Ok, so it tasted to you basically as per the description LOL.

If X tastes like X I think that goes in the win column?
After all, I wouldn't want X to taste like Y.

Mine was kind of drowned in BBQ sauce... so my verdict was a bit mixed.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ok, so it tasted to you basically as per the description LOL.

If X tastes like X I think that goes in the win column?
After all, I wouldn't want X to taste like Y.

Mine was kind of drowned in BBQ sauce... so my verdict was a bit mixed.
Haha! What I meant was it was an ordinary BBQ chicken, nothing special, unlike his Fish which was fantastic.

I always enjoy eating at his restaurant when I am in Vancouver, and the BBQ on plane was meh
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC064 ICN YVR January 31, 2016

No menu provided.

Each and every J passenger that had dinner got the first choice of the Beef Stew-ish dish (which was actually pretty good).

Snack basket had a total of zero Kit Kats (as soon as it was put out after takeoff) and Lindt chocolates. It was mainly chips.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Had a lovely cod loin (seems new) yyz-scl last night with golden grains/roasted veg infused with lemon. Chocolate fondant praline with cranberry compote for dessert. Some ok wines. All good!

They had the signature chicken bbq but given comments decided to avoid. Also a tenderloin with chimichurri and pasta dish.

Crew was great--got to practice my Spanish, had a great sleep (cabin temp was perfect for me; likely too warm for others).
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Had a lovely cod loin (seems new) yyz-scl last night with golden grains/roasted veg infused with lemon. Chocolate fondant praline with cranberry compote for dessert. Some ok wines. All good!

They had the signature chicken bbq but given comments decided to avoid. Also a tenderloin with chimichurri and pasta dish.

Crew was great--got to practice my Spanish, had a great sleep (cabin temp was perfect for me; likely too warm for others).
^
I really like the cod dish.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
On way back last night SCL-YYZ, had an ok chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta. I can do without the risotto though --wife (and apparently many others) likes it but I just avoid it all the time. Chicken very slightly dry but that is being overly picky for airline food--quite enjoyable.

Smoked salmon appetizer was good.

Dessert was meh--three kinds of hard ice cream or fruit.

Very good (not great crew like on the way down even though it was virtually identical) crew! (all I ever ask for is good, so I was very happy for this whole round trip). Everyone was looking forward to getting home.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
I flew YVR-LHR in J on Feb 1st and LHR- YYC in J on Feb 12th. I found the drink and meal service disappointing in both directions.

I really dislike that it takes so long for the first round of drinks to be served. They should take orders before take-off and serve drinks and nuts just after take-off. It's been a long time since they did this and I find it takes away from the experience. They should serve a few rounds of nuts for those who like them.

On the return flight, two of four choices had mushrooms, which I don't care for, so it was either vegetarian or one non-vegetarian, salmon, which was not very good.

It's time for another salad offering. It's seems like the salad has been the same for a long time.

I found the second meal prior to landing to be poor in both cases. I'm very tired of the raisin scones. They should replaced or other choices offered, such as bran muffin or chocolate chip muffin or croissant (preferably chocolate). The multi-later sandwich is terrible. Maybe some passengers like it, but it should be a choice. For a breakfast, I'd prefer something hot, like an omelet.

I tried a couple of wines on each flight and I found them to be drinkable, but nothing to write home about.

Overall, very unimpressive.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
I really dislike that it takes so long for the first round of drinks to be served. They should take orders before take-off and serve drinks and nuts just after take-off. It's been a long time since they did this and I find it takes away from the experience. They should serve a few rounds of nuts for those who like them.
+1

Nuts refill I've always seen them offer, but drinks can sometimes take a while before we get them (IME).

The silliest times were when they took the "first drink order" while at the gate (which made me super happy because I knew I wouldn't have to chase for a drink after takeoff), but then we only ended up getting that drink much much later after seat belts off. I think it was while the meal trays were served, and meals were served much later than usual that time lol
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Why warm nuts?

I really dislike that it takes so long for the first round of drinks to be served. They should take orders before take-off and serve drinks and nuts just after take-off.
Totally agree. It's usually 50' after take off before I get a 'proper' drink.

Now about the nuts: Why are they served warm? I think it detracts from the texture and taste. Maybe when skating on the Rideau canal, but not on a plane. Perhaps its some sort of attempt to make them more special than they are. Anyone want to start a cold nuts petition (and no jokes please)?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
It's time for another salad offering. It's seems like the salad has been the same for a long time.
I agree with many of your points. As for the salad, while I am tired of the salad served outbound from Canada, I quite like the rocket salad that is served on the inbound flights from Europe. I am not sure if it is from all European stations, but LHR definitely has it. Rocket, sundried tomatoes, shaved parmesan - very good.

I am also a fan of the warm nuts - I sometimes ask for two servings when they first offer them, as I never know if they will make a second pass to offer them again.

It would be a real improvement if they could get the first beverage service out sooner after takeoff. I don't have enough experience on other airlines to know if they are any better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.