Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Your Lindt chocolate bars, dark and milk along with kit Kats were on AC 8 May 5. Looks like Kit Kats were pax number 1choice.
Sweet! In more ways than one...

While the others are gorging on KitKats, there will be more Lindt chocolates for the few of us that prefer them.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
AC869 LHRYYZ November 2015

AC869 LHRYYZ November 2015

Notes:
Almost identical to AC869 LHRYYZ November 2015 15-LHR-JHCBW-JHM2W 08/15 which is also quoted at the bottom of this post.
This month for AC869, the cheese is also served with grapes. red Leicester is no printed as "red Leicester Cheddar".
Of course, the wine list is now the recently updated October 2015 wine list.

15-LHR-JHCBW-JHM2W 11/15

BREAKFAST

*Fresh orange juice

*Fresh seasonal fruit

*Yogurt

Croissants and blueberry muffins with butter and preserves

MAIN COURSE

Cheese omelette accompanied by chicken sausage, Parmentier potatoes and grilled tomato

LUNCH

APPETIZER

Crayfish tails with cream cheese, saffron prawn on tabbouleh and smoked salmon

SALAD

*Mixed greens with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Mushroom and herb-crusted lamb fillet accompanied by redcurrant jus, fennel potato dauphinoise, spinach and carrots

Cheese and mushroom filled chicken breast with rosemary jus served with white wine risotto, grilled peppers, zucchini and fennel

*Coriander and paprika seasoned salmon fillet complemented by turmeric infused couscous pearls and roasted vegetable medley

Asparagus and cheese tortellini with tomato olive sauce

SELECTION OF CHEESE
French Brie, Emmental and red Leicester Cheddar served with grapes and crackers

DESSERT
Chocolate, vanilla and mocha ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

FLEXIBLE OPTION
Your choice of main course served with mixed greens, cheese and fruit, at any time, during the flight.

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

WINE LIST

Originally Posted by yyznomad
AC869 LHRYYZ this week

The only difference between this post's menu and AC869's menu from June 2015 15-LHR-JHCBW-JHM2W 06/15 is the Appetizer and Main Courses. Everything else is identical.

15-LHR-JHCBW-JHM2W 08/15

(Note: there was a snack basket available even though it was not explicitly stated in the menu as "At Your Leisure")

Breakfast

*Fresh orange juice

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Yogurt

Croissants and blueberry muffins with butter and preserves

MAIN COURSE

Cheese omelette accompanied by chicken sausage, Parmentier potatoes and grilled tomato

Lunch

APPETIZER

Crayfish tails with cream cheese, saffron prawn on tabbouleh and smoked salmon

SALAD

*Mixed greens with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Mushroom and herb-crusted lamb fillet accompanied by redcurrant jus, fennel potato dauphinoise, spinach and carrots

Cheese and mushroom filled chicken breast with rosemary jus served with white wine risotto, grilled peppers, zucchini and fennel

*Coriander and paprika-seasoned salmon fillet complemented by turmeric infused couscous pearls and roasted vegetable medley

Asparagus and cheese tortellini with tomato olive sauce

SELECTION OF CHEESE
French Brie, Emmental and red Leicester with crackers

DESSERT
Chocolate, vanilla and mocha ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

Wine list

CHAMPAGNE
Champagne Drappier, Carte d'Or Brut, Reims, France

WHITE WINES
Giesen Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Quails' Gate Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, Canada

RED WINES
Old Soul Cabernet Sauvignon, California, USA
Les Crès Ricards Oenothera, Languedoc, France
De Gras Carmenère, Colchagua Valley, Chile

PORT
Dow's Port, Portugal
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
On my way YYZ-CPH tonight, returning LHR-YYZ next weekend - doubt thee will be much to report given yyzomad's thorough coverage.
I just posted AC869 for this month.

If you are on any of the other three LHR-YYZ flights (857, 849, 859) then definitely please post it in full glory as I don't often take/post those. Curious to see how similar these are compared to ex-MUC/LHR/CPH/etc.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:16 pm

If you are on any of the other three LHR-YYZ flights (857, 849, 859) then definitely please post it in full glory as I don't often take/post those. Curious to see how similar these are compared to ex-MUC/LHR/CPH/etc.
I'll be on 858 YYZ-LHR and 859 LHR-YYZ in a couple weeks. Will make sure to report back here with the menus!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:05 am

My contribution to this thread:

AC871 CDGYUL November 2015

LUNCH

APPETIZER
Peppered foie gras and smoked duck magret with pearl barley and apricot salad topped with balsamic cream

SALAD
*Mixed greens with mixed pepper julienne and Parmensan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads

Pan-fried lamb filet with spiced crust presented with herb jus, crispy potato, mixed peppers and grilled zucchini

Roasted chicken filet offered with tomato pesto cream sauce, celeriac mashed potatoes and vegetable ratatouille

*Grilled salmon filet complemented by lemongrass infused tomato sauce, basmati rice and a tomato and edamame medley

White truffle filled pasta accompanied by mushroom cream sauce, tomatoes and Parmesan

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Camembert, Cantal and Port Salut served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS
Chocolate meringue cake
*Fresh seasonal fruit

LIGHT MEAL
Chilled plate featuring mortadelle, smoked herb ham and sausage with parsley infused potato salad, sun-dried tomatoes and cornichon
Fresh orange segments
Chocolates

*Air Canada NutriCuisine
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WestAust
My contribution to this thread:

AC871 CDGYUL November 2015

LUNCH

APPETIZER
Peppered foie gras and smoked duck magret with pearl barley and apricot salad topped with balsamic cream

SALAD
*Mixed greens with mixed pepper julienne and Parmensan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads

Pan-fried lamb filet with spiced crust presented with herb jus, crispy potato, mixed peppers and grilled zucchini

Roasted chicken filet offered with tomato pesto cream sauce, celeriac mashed potatoes and vegetable ratatouille

*Grilled salmon filet complemented by lemongrass infused tomato sauce, basmati rice and a tomato and edamame medley

White truffle filled pasta accompanied by mushroom cream sauce, tomatoes and Parmesan

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Camembert, Cantal and Port Salut served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS
Chocolate meringue cake
*Fresh seasonal fruit

LIGHT MEAL
Chilled plate featuring mortadelle, smoked herb ham and sausage with parsley infused potato salad, sun-dried tomatoes and cornichon
Fresh orange segments
Chocolates

*Air Canada NutriCuisine
Look yum!!! Thanks for posting in full text style! Good for searches.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YWGtoAnywhere
I'll be on 858 YYZ-LHR and 859 LHR-YYZ in a couple weeks. Will make sure to report back here with the menus!
Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC003 YVRNRT November 2015 DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post#6

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post #6 AC003 YVRNRT November 2015

AC003 YVRNRT November 2015

Full pictures courtesy of 24left and our commentary to follow.

Notes:
All Hawksworth dishes for November 2015 remain nearly identical to October 2015. Puffed rice now included in the Yellowfin tuna tataki appetizer.
All Hawksworth dishes are identical to other Hawksworth menus ex-YYZ.
If one replaces the Japanese meal with the penne pasta from YYZFRA from August 2015, you basically have identical main courses (just listed in different order).

We are proud to feature a selection of signature dishes, created exclusively for Air Canada by internationally renowned Canadian Chef David Hawksworth. These recipes, celebrating Canada's cultural diversity and natural environment, showcase the ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine that has become Chef Hawkworth's trademark.

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH
"The sky was certainly not the limit when it came to creating dishes for Air Canada's International Business Class clientele and it's an absolute privilege to share a taste of Canada's cuisine with international travelers."

"H" = Hawksworth Signature Dish (on the menu it is actually an upright fork and knife with a red airplane going through both to form the letter "H")

33-E-NJHMNGP-NJHSHE78-NJHLN 11/15

DINNER

APPETIZER

H Yellowfin tuna tataki with scallion ginger vinaigrette, passion fruit and puffed rice

SALAD

*Mixed greens and grape tomatoes served with vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Thai red curry chicken complemented by steamed jasmine rice, edamame and bok-choy

H *Tamari roasted sablefish accompanied by bok-choy, brown rice and chili miso vinaigrette

Grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin with with porcini mushroom saurce, served with garlic roasted mashed potatoes, asparagus and cherry tomatoes

Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, noodles and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled black cod, steamed rice and mixed vegetables

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Oka, Camembert and medium Cheddar served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

H Dark chocolate fondant cake with blackberry compote

Ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

EXPRESS LIGHT MEAL OPTION
Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

FLEXIBLE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION
Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

H Hawksworth Signature Dish

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

AT YOUR LEISURE
Choose one or more of the following light snack options. Simply ask your flight attendant between meal services.

Hot noodle soup served with shrimp and pork wontons and gai-lan

Hot snack - Orange ginger chicken skewer

*Healthy option - Grape tomato and bocconcini cheese with basil and olive oil

Diim sum selection of siu mai, har gau and shrimp and spinach dim sum

Ice cream

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

LIGHT MEAL
A light meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolates

MAIN COURSES

Yakitori chicken served with steamed rice, onions, carrots and mixed peppers

Chicken Stroganoff with red skin mashed potatoes and broccolini

Penne pasta with Alfredo sauce, kale, roasted cauliflower and sun-dried tomatoes

WINE LIST.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: AC SE

The lunch menu on AC849 is exactly the same as the one you'd posted above. Only difference is the order of the meals and the pre-arrival snack - lunch served after take-off and then the pre-arrival snack was light sandwiches, raisin scone with clotted cream, and orange segments.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gcashin
then the pre-arrival snack was light sandwiches, raisin scone with clotted cream, and orange segments.
They still haven't changed this? Wish they'd mix it up for once. I always decline the pre-arrival light meal ex-LHR.

Aside from the timing convenience, this is another reason why I typically take 869 when coming from LHR.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Your Lindt chocolate bars, dark and milk along with kit Kats were on AC 8 May 5. Looks like Kit Kats were pax number 1choice.
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Sweet! In more ways than one...

While the others are gorging on KitKats, there will be more Lindt chocolates for the few of us that prefer them.
I was on AC882 YYZ-CPH and AC869 LHR-YYZ in the last week, and neither had the milk chocolate Lindt bars (dark chocolate was available, along with Kit Kat).
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:57 pm

Sorry - I was on AC869, and can confirm the menu was the same as the one you posted. The lamb was good, but not as good as the herb-crusted rack of lamb I had last month (I think that was ZRH-YYZ). A little overcooked on AC869 (may be due to the boneless cut).

I am hoping for an improvement to the cheese selection. The Brie and Red Leicester were okay, but the Emmental is just bland. I used to like the Wensleydale (cranberry) and Stilton cheeses on the ex-LHR flights from years ago.

Also, on AC882 YYZ-CPH they had the same Hawksworth menu as posted here for other flights. I had the sablefish again - just as tasty as the first time, but the presentation wasn't as good as it was previously. They are plated on-board, so it may be down to the skills of the FA working the galley.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
They still haven't changed this? Wish they'd mix it up for once. I always decline the pre-arrival light meal ex-LHR.
I try it from time to time to see if it's gotten better. Spoiler alert, it hasn't.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gcashin
The lunch menu on AC849 is exactly the same as the one you'd posted above. Only difference is the order of the meals and the pre-arrival snack - lunch served after take-off and then the pre-arrival snack was light sandwiches, raisin scone with clotted cream, and orange segments.
I wish they changed the pre-arrival snack or at least offered a choice.

The idea of having an "afternoon tea" snack ex-LHR isn't necessarily bad, but it's been the same snack for as long as I can remember (5+ years).

I guess it's somewhat subjective, but I don't find the mini-sandwiches or scones particularly tasty. I much prefer the pre-arrival snack ex-FRA or elsewhere.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I wish they changed the pre-arrival snack or at least offered a choice.

The idea of having an "afternoon tea" snack ex-LHR isn't necessarily bad, but it's been the same snack for as long as I can remember (5+ years).

I guess it's somewhat subjective, but I don't find the mini-sandwiches or scones particularly tasty. I much prefer the pre-arrival snack ex-FRA or elsewhere.
agreed! 110%!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.