Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Ya I like the order per request breakfast menu as well.

I even wrote additional special requests on it in pen like Baileys for my coffee and wake me up last, and they were both honored. ^
Haha, that's actually quite impressive considering it's J, not F.^

Next experiment: Ask for a triple Baileys with a splash of coffee in a to-go cup.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I wonder if the new chef has something special planned for Christmas flights.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I wonder if the new chef has something special planned for Christmas flights.
I'd guess it would be too much trouble to create a special menu for a few days, but I could certainly see AC having a "Christmas-inspired" menu (turkey or something similar) throughout the month of December. LH does something along those lines and always has a goose dish in Dec. in J/F (and IME it tends to be very popular).
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd guess it would be too much trouble to create a special menu for a few days, but I could certainly see AC having a "Christmas-inspired" menu (turkey or something similar) throughout the month of December. LH does something along those lines and always has a goose dish in Dec. in J/F (and IME it tends to be very popular).
I imagined turkey on a flight and thought it would be great.

Then I reheated some thanksgiving leftovers and realized how much of a horrible idea reheated turkey could be.

I'm sure it would be great with a sea of gravy and some mashed potatoes.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
October 2015 AC002/006 NRT/HND YYZ

October 2015 AC002/006 NRT/HND YYZ 04-HND/NRT-JHMNGP-JMSNW-JHSHW-JHBN 10/15

Food exactly the same word-for-word as the July 2015 AC002/006 menu 04-HND/NRT-JHMNGP-JMSNW-JHSHW-JHBN 07/15 EXCEPT this time the cheese includes grapes, the dessert includes Ice Cream, the Yogurt now is Air Canada NutriCuisine designated, and the split out of the Express vs. Flexible options.

DINNER

APPETIZER

Smoked scallop with vinegar apples, asparagus and cauliflower

SALAD

*Mixed greens, tomato and seaweed served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES
Each meal is served with a selection of warm breads.

Beef tenderloin accompanied by teriyaki sauce, fried potatoes, grilled zucchini and semi-dried tomatoes

Sautéed chicken breast presented with honey mustard sauce, herb quinoa, spinach and glazed carrots

Grilled seabass served with red pepper sauce, basil quinoa, sautéed peppers and broccoli

Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of grilled salmon with miso paste, steamed rice and mixed vegetables

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Camembert, Cheddar and Emmental served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

Pear Charlotte

Ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

EXPRESS LIGHT MEAL OPTION
Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

FLEXIBLE ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION
Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

AT YOUR LEISURE
Choose one or more of the following light snack options. Simply ask your flight attendant between meal services.

Hot noodle soup served with shrimp wonton and bok choy

Hot snack - Grilled sandwich of smoked chicken and Emmental and grilled red peppers

Healthy option - Hummus, paratha bread, olives, cherry tomatoes and green beans

Dim sum selection of shrimp siu mai, crab siu mai and pork siu mai

Ice cream - Vanilla

A selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit are always available in our galley.

BRUNCH
Please note that brunch will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Should you prefer to eat at an earlier time, please inform your flight attendant.

*Fresh orange juice

*Fresh seasonal fruit

*Yogurt

Croissants and apple Danish with butter and preserves

MAIN COURSES

Omelette with chicken sausage, Lyonnaise potatoes and Romanesco

Japanese rice congee with chicken, zha cai and Japanese mustard spinach served with grilled saury with soy sauce, kelp and vegetables, radish, pimentos and dried Japanese plum

Fried noodles with chicken, cabbage, onion, carrot, shiitake mushrooms and sweet red chili pepper

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

WINE LIST
As per recently updated October 2015 wine list.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post #2 AC848 YYZLHR October 2015

AC848 YYZLHR October 2015

Notes:
All Hawksworth dishes are identical to other Hawksworth menus ex-YYZ.
The beef dish is also from past menus in early/mid 2015.

We are proud to feature a selection of signature dishes, created exclusively for Air Canada by internationally renowned Canadian Chef David Hawksworth. These recipes, celebrating Canada's cultural diversity and natural environment, showcase the ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine that has become Chef Hawkworth's trademark.

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH
"The sky was certainly not the limit when it came to creating dishes for Air Canada's International Business Class clientele and it's an absolute privilege to share a taste of Canada's cuisine with international travelers."

"H" = Hawksworth Signature Dish (on the menu it is actually an upright fork and knife with a red airplane going through both to form the letter "H")

12-A-NJHM9EGP-NJMSNR5-NJHCHBALA 10/15

DINNER

APPETIZER

H Yellowfin tuna tataki with scallion ginger vinaigrette and passion-fruit

SALAD

*Mixed greens and grape tomatoes served with vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin with Cabernet peppercorn sauce, served with Yukon Gold mashed potato and sautéed asparagus

Braised chicken coq au vin with mushrooms an pearl onions complemented by turmeric rice and fine green beans

H *Tamari roasted sablefish accompanied by bok-choy, brown rice and chili miso vinaigrette

Tomato, olive, caper and ricotta ravioli offered with spinach rosé sauce and basil béchamel

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Oka, Camembert and medium Cheddar served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

H Dark chocolate fondant cake with blackberry compote

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with salad, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

Your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, at any time, later during the flight.

H Hawksworth Signature Dish

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

We apologize should your preferred choice not be available today. We cannot guarantee any food items served onboard to be allergen free.

AT YOUR LEISURE
A selection of packaged snacks is always available in our galley.

BREAKFAST
Please note that breakfast will be served approximately 75 minutes prior to arrival. Please let us know if you prefer to eat at an earlier time. Simply fill out the breakfast order card provided and return it to your flight attendant.

WINE LIST.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:23 am

It's a good move that he favoured higher acidity in his dishes. I bet these taste great at high altitude.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just had the Braised Chicken on 872. It was actually pretty good!
I saw someone else order the pasta and that looked good as well... at least the presentation... I will try it next time.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I just had the Braised Chicken on 872. It was actually pretty good!
I saw someone else order the pasta and that looked good as well... at least the presentation... I will try it next time.
Were those Hawksworth signature dishes?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Were those Hawksworth signature dishes?
No, as per my menu post above, the Braised Chicken is not a Hawkworth dish. Only one entree is a Hawksworth dish - the Sablefish.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post #3 AC872 YYZFRA October 2015

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH Menu Post #3 AC872 YYZFRA October 2015

100% identical to the below YYZLHR October 2015 menu, except the menu code is slightly different.

17-A-NJHM9EGP-NJMSNR5-NJHCHBALA 10/15

AC848 YYZLHR October 2015

Notes:
All Hawksworth dishes are identical to other Hawksworth menus ex-YYZ.
The beef dish is also from past menus in early/mid 2015.

We are proud to feature a selection of signature dishes, created exclusively for Air Canada by internationally renowned Canadian Chef David Hawksworth. These recipes, celebrating Canada's cultural diversity and natural environment, showcase the ingredient-led, contemporary cuisine that has become Chef Hawkworth's trademark.

CHEF DAVID HAWKSWORTH
"The sky was certainly not the limit when it came to creating dishes for Air Canada's International Business Class clientele and it's an absolute privilege to share a taste of Canada's cuisine with international travelers."

"H" = Hawksworth Signature Dish (on the menu it is actually an upright fork and knife with a red airplane going through both to form the letter "H")

12-A-NJHM9EGP-NJMSNR5-NJHCHBALA 10/15

DINNER

APPETIZER

H Yellowfin tuna tataki with scallion ginger vinaigrette and passion-fruit

SALAD

*Mixed greens and grape tomatoes served with vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin with Cabernet peppercorn sauce, served with Yukon Gold mashed potato and sautéed asparagus

Braised chicken coq au vin with mushrooms an pearl onions complemented by turmeric rice and fine green beans

H *Tamari roasted sablefish accompanied by bok-choy, brown rice and chili miso vinaigrette

Tomato, olive, caper and ricotta ravioli offered with spinach rosé sauce and basil béchamel

SELECTION OF CHEESE
Oka, Camembert and medium Cheddar served with grapes and crackers

CHOICE OF DESSERTS

H Dark chocolate fondant cake with blackberry compote

*Fresh seasonal fruit

H Hawksworth Signature Dish

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

AT YOUR LEISURE

BREAKFAST
Please note that breakfast will be served approximately 75 minutes prior to arrival. Please let us know if you prefer to eat at an earlier time. Simply fill out the breakfast order card provided and return it to your flight attendant.

WINE LIST.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC877 FRAYYZ October 2015

AC877 FRAYYZ October 2015

Slight variations from previous ex-Germany menus this year...

09-FRA/MUC-JHM9W-JMSNW-JCST 10/15

MENU

APPETIZER

*Gravlax and marinated prawn with macadamia oil infused sweet potato salad

SALAD

*Mixed greens with cherry tomato, chives and Parmesan served with balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Beef fillet complemented by soy infused demi-glace sauce, roasted new potatoes, green beans and carrot

Mushroom filled chicken breast accompanied by lime jus, wild rice mix and vegetable bâtons

*Pan-seared pike perch fillet presented with fennel and tomato sauce, tomato rice, broccoli and grilled courgettes

Eggplant and Scamorza cheese filled pasta served with Béchamel sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan

SELECTION OF CHEESE

Emmental, pepper-infused Brie and Bergader served with grapes and crackers

CHOiCE OF DESSERTS

Belgian chocolate, vanilla and espresso ice cream

*Fresh seasonal fruit

Shortly after take-off, your appetizer served with mixed greens, cheese and fruit - presented all at once.

Light meal
A meal will be served approximately 90 minutes prior to arrival. Please let us know if you prefer to eat at an earlier time.

Chilled plate featuring smoked duck breast and Serrano ham, potato salad, cheese filled cherry pepper and asparagus

*Fresh orange segments

Chocolates

*Air Canada NutriCuisine

WINE LIST
As per recently updated October 2015 wine list.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the above menu I had the chicken dish (I like that dish... it has reincarnated several times this year on different menus).

The snack basket also had Kit Kats! Seems system-wide now! WOOT! ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
The snack basket also had Kit Kats! Seems system-wide now! WOOT! ^
The Kit Kat seems to be replacing the sublime Lindt milk chocolate bar. Talk about cheapening the product! I do not share your enthusiasm...
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
No one is ever going to be happy. LOL

While Lindt is fine, I am one of many who were really happy to see Kit Kat (as I noted in the North American meal thread) on AC 791 last week.

It would be nice if AC kept both options. There is certainly enough room in the snack basket.

I suppose it's a matter of which supplier they signed a contract with.

"And very happy to see Kit Kat in the snack basket. Yay!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.