Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:59 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
While hardly scientific, on my last couple of trips (some with a coworker), the Hawksworth duck dish has been an even split (3/6) between being overcooked or just right.

When it's overcooked (or maybe over heated?) the duck is super stringy and really unpleasant to eat. Not a nice thing to do to a duck IMHO.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1

When it's overcooked (or maybe over heated?) the duck is super stringy and really unpleasant to eat. Not a nice thing to do to a duck IMHO.
Not a nice thing to do to most meat or fish. Back cod being a bit of an exception. But steak, or cod, or halibut quickly ge horrible when overreheated.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Stranger
Not a nice thing to do to most meat or fish. Back cod being a bit of an exception. But steak, or cod, or halibut quickly ge horrible when overreheated.
Same goes to rice, pasta, veggies, pretty much all the food. When overheated, fried rice becomes baked rice, bread becomes bricks. Maybe we will have charcoal on our plates soon.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by songsc
Same goes to rice, pasta, veggies, pretty much all the food. When overheated, fried rice becomes baked rice, bread becomes bricks. Maybe we will have charcoal on our plates soon.
If so, I wonder if it will be spun as a new healthy meal option?

See: https://www.realsimple.com/food-reci...arcoal-in-food
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:36 pm

I hope it is at least hot charcoal.

Not like the piece of half burnt, but cold, garlic bread they foisted off on me from YUL to CDG last week.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Can't they even get this right? So much for posting August's menus by July 24th. You can't check any menu beyond July 31st which is today (for all of 2 more hours)

-----------------------

Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I hope it is at least hot charcoal.
I guess hot charcoal on cold plates is still organic.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Can't they even get this right? So much for posting August's menus by July 24th. You can't check any menu beyond July 31st which is today (for all of 2 more hours)

-----------------------

Don't worry. This will all get resolved when they introduce Book the Cook service for Signature Service pax.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: TK *G
Don't worry. This will all get resolved when they introduce Book the Cook service for Signature Service pax.
I imagine their book the cook service will be the same. A lot of options will be promised, but when people try to book anything it will be empty.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mapleg

I imagine their book the cook service will be the same. A lot of options will be promised, but when people try to book anything it will be empty.
AC's "Book the Cook"-type service already exists...... and it fails a good part of the time. It's called Special Meal requests. It's pretty simple and here's the exciting part - no website calendar or menu-viewing required. You just order it with a res agent (or even when booking on ac.com) and surprise, your meal is not boarded or alternatively, you get a meal that does not remotely resemble the EXACT same meal you've ordered in the past. lol
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Minor updates to the menu for August. Chicken is a coconut chicken curry and the pasta dish is middle-eastern inspired (koshari rice)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Minor updates to the menu for August. Chicken is a coconut chicken curry and the pasta dish is middle-eastern inspired (koshari rice)
International menus are not the same across the board.
Which route are you referring to?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Good to see NO dinner service on AC 090 to GRU tonight - late and klinking of cutlery so annoying
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by skybluesea
Good to see NO dinner service on AC 090 to GRU tonight - late and klinking of cutlery so annoying
Except there is dinner. It's the Express Service, so one tray with Main, Salad, Cheese and Fruit.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
International menus are not the same across the board.
Which route are you referring to?
Saw those on YYZ/LHR for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.