Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Exciting. How many Variations in the Key of Sablefish can Bigglesnort do?
Spices in the left corner, herbs in the right corner

Today it's curry, yesterday it was paprika and pepper, tomorrow it could be some marinade.

Spin the Wheel of Sablefish seasoning
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Won't work at altitude.

Also I strongly object to the notion of paying tax to Nestle on coffee.
Real men grind their own.
There are some Nespresso machines for aircrafts, Swiss among other carriers offers Nespresso coffee in First Class (maybe even business not sure)and it uses the commercial nespresso pods (the flat discs ones)
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by WestAust
There are some Nespresso machines for aircrafts, Swiss among other carriers offers Nespresso coffee in First Class (maybe even business not sure)and it uses the commercial nespresso pods (the flat discs ones)
YES YES, thank you!! I've seen the flat discs in Europe, great coffee and easy to manage for the FA's
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:02 pm

Tried the sablefish curry at weekend. Awful. Easily one of the worst things I have ever eaten. I have yet to try anything from the Hawksworth items that is more than adequate, and most have been terrible (dessert excepted, of course).
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by james dean
YES YES, thank you!! I've seen the flat discs in Europe, great coffee and easy to manage for the FA's

Although I enjoy making my own coffee, I don't think Nespresso is bad at all.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pappypappy
Tried the sablefish curry at weekend. Awful. Easily one of the worst things I have ever eaten. I have yet to try anything from the Hawksworth items that is more than adequate, and most have been terrible (dessert excepted, of course).
I think his very first offering, which was also Sablefish, was the best... and it kinda went downhill from there... just IMO.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I think his very first offering, which was also Sablefish, was the best... and it kinda went downhill from there... just IMO.
Was that the one with the chorizo too, or something like that? It was OK, if a little odd.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Was that the one with the chorizo too, or something like that? It was OK, if a little odd.
No, that was the second iteration. See my post #985.

yyznomad is referring to the very first Hawksworth dish, which also agree was his best.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by gabdusch
No, that was the second iteration. See my post #985.

yyznomad is referring to the very first Hawksworth dish, which also agree was his best.
New Hawksworth dish and some interesting wines selected by AC's new Sommelier Veronique Rivest coming April 1st. ^
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Perfect example of the different tastes we all have at 30-40K Feet. I've had a few starters that I didn't mind but in the last 7 years flying 80-100 flights/year mainly in J Class, there is not a single meal that I like. That is until I had the Sablefish Curry. I've had it 3 times now, the last time a week ago YUL-GVA. I've heard others on FT here complain about it as well. Anyways, I';m just happy I had something that I liked. I did like Hawksworths salmon appy though, that was really good.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Chowtime
Perfect example of the different tastes we all have at 30-40K Feet. I've had a few starters that I didn't mind but in the last 7 years flying 80-100 flights/year mainly in J Class, there is not a single meal that I like. That is until I had the Sablefish Curry. I've had it 3 times now, the last time a week ago YUL-GVA. I've heard others on FT here complain about it as well. Anyways, I';m just happy I had something that I liked. I did like Hawksworths salmon appy though, that was really good.
I like both of the Sablefish preparations. The original one was better though, IMHO.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
New Hawksworth dish and some interesting wines selected by AC's new Sommelier Veronique Rivest coming April 1st. ^
Thanks, looking forward to trying this. ^ I have YUL-FRA on April 1st, but will likely be slumming this one in the back.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I like both of the Sablefish preparations. The original one was better though, IMHO.
There have been at least three sablefish dishes. The original (Tamari roasted sablefish) was the best. The second (Roasted sablefish, chorizo, San Marzano tomato, fennel, crispy chickpeas, fine herbs) was good but less memorable. I have yet to try the curry.

The first one (also the premiere Hawksworth dish) set my expectations high, as I really enjoyed it. Since then, nothing has measured up in terms of the Hawksworth signature dishes (sablefish or not).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
There have been at least three sablefish dishes. The original (Tamari roasted sablefish) was the best. The second (Roasted sablefish, chorizo, San Marzano tomato, fennel, crispy chickpeas, fine herbs) was good but less memorable. I have yet to try the curry.

The first one (also the premiere Hawksworth dish) set my expectations high, as I really enjoyed it. Since then, nothing has measured up in terms of the Hawksworth signature dishes (sablefish or not).
I never got the chance to try the first sable fish (didn't know that it existed).

I did like the one with the chorizo though.

Too bad they likely won't bring the first one back.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Agreed, promotion of this chef and his offerings was a big mistake
Tried the sablefish again last week ...awful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.